how many bad beats in a week?

So i think this has been the worst 6 days of poker in my life. I play mostly micro limits and single tables. It just seems like I cant win. I've had Aces cracked 9 times and Kings 3 or 4. My straights are getting beat by flushes my flushes by boats. I know its all in the down swing of poker and when someone calls a reraise all-in with J7os to crack your AK its hard to stay focused and not tilt a little. But I just hope it ends soon. For discussion what is your worst run of cards and biggest down swing?

The answer is one. I am the one and only person that cares. I care because I am a people person.I feel your pain. Downswings suck...but if you keep playing well eventually the tide will turn.I myself have never had a downswing. I'm too good for that nonsense.

The answer is one. I am the one and only person that cares. I care because I am a people person.I feel your pain. Downswings suck...but if you keep playing well eventually the tide will turn.I myself have never had a downswing. I'm too good for that nonsense.
Quiet you!
This thread should have been titled, "How Many People Will Care?" Psssst...don't tell anybody, but I already know the answer.
I posted this more to get it off my chest cause ive been really stressed. I know no one on this sites cares about me or my pain except speedz.
Quiet you!
One time I check raised and got reraised. That was tough to stomach.
This thread should have been titled, "How Many People Will Care?" Psssst...don't tell anybody, but I already know the answer.
I posted this more to get it off my chest cause ive been really stressed. I know no one on this sites cares about me or my pain except speedz.
Take your catharsis to the bad beat forum. Actually, I don't really care. I'm just giving you a hard time. I hope your downswing turns around, and I really hope you don't get tetanus because those shots are a bitch.
Quiet you!
One time I check raised and got reraised. That was tough to stomach.
Dang!
So i think this has been the worst 6 days of poker in my life.  I play mostly micro limits and single tables. It just seems like I cant win.  I've had Aces cracked 9 times and Kings 3 or 4.  My straights are getting beat by flushes my flushes by boats.  I know its all in the down swing of poker and when someone calls a reraise all-in with J7os to crack your AK its hard to stay focused and not tilt a little.  But I just hope it ends soon.  For discussion what is your worst run of cards and biggest down swing?
I've been going through a big downswing this week as well probably my worst one since I started playing full time. Its almost funny because I think I've been playing some of the best poker of my life lately but just getting bad beats. Its not even big pairs getting cracked its me making a great call post flop and catching a bluff only to have a three outer hit. That three outer has hit me three times in the past few days for a few hundred dollars. I just try to take the positive and know that after every downswing through solid play is an upswing. Good luck.
30k hands of breakeven play at 5-10 shorthanded. now thats demoralizing. btw, my  winrate after around 100k hands is 2.5bb/100, including the 30k stretch. variance is a bltch.
You've won $25,000. :boohoo: :roll: :cry: :naughty:

What we dont know is how you are playing your hands. You could be slowplaying AA and KK to death. You could be letting ppl catch on you. Also, your idea of a bad beat might be a little off. In fact, AK losing to J7o is not really a bad beat. This is a bad beat, just like AKo against JJ is a race. I cant stress this enough, but you cant be results oriented. The object of the game is to make +EV decisions. If you always make a move that will make you money in the long run, then you win. I feel your frustration. Up until recently I also used to get frustrated by the outcome. I used to look at the game as either losing or winning. But not anymore. Now I try to force my opponent to make a -EV play. If I can get my opponent to put money in when they shouldnt, then I win(even if I lost the hand). My only advice is to get used to losing. Very rarely will you hold the nuts. And many times when you do you wont get action. The smaller your edge, the more action you should expect to get.

So i think this has been the worst 6 days of poker in my life.  I play mostly micro limits and single tables. It just seems like I cant win.  I've had Aces cracked 9 times and Kings 3 or 4.  My straights are getting beat by flushes my flushes by boats.  I know its all in the down swing of poker and when someone calls a reraise all-in with J7os to crack your AK its hard to stay focused and not tilt a little.  But I just hope it ends soon.  For discussion what is your worst run of cards and biggest down swing?
OP, I'll give you a solid answer to put things in perspective for you. This is a bad-beat compendium, so anyone disinterested, do not read...The following from PL Omaha Hi ($0.50/$1; $1/2):In a three-day span two-tabling on FCP, UB and FullTilt, I lost with aces full to quads 5 (five) times. I made aces full 9 times in that span. In three of the instances, the quads came on the river; in one, on the turn; in one, I flopped aces full and he flopped quads and we both slowplayed until the river. Only in the last circumstance did I manage to avoid losing my entire stack, since I thought his raise and reraise on the harmless river was fishy after all the checking.I will grant you that Omaha is a different animal from Hold'Em, but even in Omaha, aces full is usually cause for a smile. I was only 4 for 9. Think about it. To lose with aces full, three things have to happen:a) Not only do you have to hit a third ace; butB) But the board must also pair; andc) Your opponent must simultaneously be holding two cards of that denomination.In Omaha, quads will happen more frequently, as there are more players to the flop, and many players who flop or turn sets will hang around until the end of the action. However, I had only lost with aces full to quads once in the previous month, playing at similar intervals, so 5 times in about 14 hours of two-tabling is almost incomprehensible. And even in Omaha, you're playing with the same number of cards in the deck, so in the three instances that the quads hit on the river, my opponent was drawing to one out for quads (not factoring in any potential gutshot straights or flush draws if the board had not paired).Next...One $60 pot at $0.50/$1:I am sitting on BB with 662K. I am put all-in on a 6 2 2 flop by a guy who has A234. I have 66 for top boat, and there are no deuces left in the deck. Running aces give him a higher boat.Furthermore...One $170 pot at $1/2:Crazy player on my right raises pot to $5 from SB. I reraise pot from BB with AAK4 double suited. Button cold-calls, crazy player calls. Flop is 4 4 5 rainbow, giving me trips to go with my AA. Crazy player checks.... I bet my last $40, already having committed around $20 preflop. Both players cold-call the $40 (button doesn't have it fully covered and there is a small sidepot). Button shows A2xx... He is playing only a gutshot straight. Crazy (who has me covered) player flips up KKJT. Button has 4 outs; Crazy player 1 (I am holding one of the Kings). Gutshot misses, but case King on the river gives the pot to Crazy player, who types "Woooot I thought you had me beat but I felt it."I need a break from Omaha, so...On to NL Hold'Em:In one hand, I was sitting with $80 ($0.10/0.25 blinds) with AdJd (I raised preflop and bet the 2d 6d Kh flop). I was called in one place. Turn was the Qd, giving me the nut flush. I was pushed all-in by an even stack who had 3d5d. River made him a gutshot straight flush... one-outer.That's it. But keep in mind that this happened in one three-day span.Shockingly, I'm "only" down $300 for the weekend, since I managed to do well at another site. Needless to say, I lost my buy-ins at the aforementioned sites.Anyway, until you go 4 for 9 with aces full in a three-day span, lose $60 to a perfect runner-runner, lose another $170 pot to a five-outer (the one-outer hit), and then lose a $165 pot with another one-outer, you just won't understand the extent to which bad beats can occur in a short time frame.Trust me, I would have welcomed a string of losing with AK to J7, because the odds against it wouldn't have been quite so long.Feel free to call BS... I could probably dig up the hand histories if you need confirmation of how good you really have it.

Next... One $60 pot at $0.50/$1: I am sitting on BB with 662K. I am put all-in on a 6 2 2 flop by a guy who has A234. I have 66 for top boat, and there are no deuces left in the deck. Running aces give him a higher boat.What were you doing in the pot with that hand! please tell me you were in the BB

Next...  One $60 pot at $0.50/$1:  I am sitting on BB with 662K.  I am put all-in on a 6 2 2 flop by a guy who has A234. I have 66 for top boat, and there are no deuces left in the deck. Running aces give him a higher boat.What were you doing in the pot with that hand! please tell me you were in the BB
Next... One $60 pot at $0.50/$1: I am sitting on BB with 662K. I am put all-in on a 6 2 2 flop by a guy who has A234. I have 66 for top boat, and there are no deuces left in the deck. Running aces give him a higher boat.What were you doing in the pot with that hand! please tell me you were in the BB
i knew that :roll: just testing you 8)

Worst downswing of my life happened within a half hour on stars. In the 20 dollar 180 person SNG i had AA against KK and K on river. Then in the 33 plus rebuy with not many people left I had AK of clubs and flopped a flush, some guy went runner runner for a boat. Then, in a 10 dollar NL tourney very late in the tournament i flopped middle set and got it all in on the flop against bottom set. You guessed it, that beautful one outter came on the river and I went broke. That was a nice cap to an awful half hour of poker. I took like two weeks off after that day.

First - houw many hands have you played?Second - post some HH's (I'm willing to venture that you are misplaying some of those monster hands)
in the past week about 1500 i'll look for some hh's to post

sorry the hand convert was f'd up...or maybe im a tard but either way heres a hand from a single table the other day Stage #302647876 Tourney ID 182397 Holdem No Limit $25 - 2006-01-22 03:37:16 (ET)Table: 2 (Real Money) Seat #6 is the dealerSeat 1 - SOXFORD7 ($595 in chips)Seat 3 - WILD ARMS ($1395 in chips)Seat 4 - SPADES21 ($1530 in chips)Seat 5 - CHADATTAK ($1830 in chips)Seat 6 - HAMROID ($2750 in chips)Seat 8 - XGAMMA ($1550 in chips)Seat 9 - PERSY ($3850 in chips)XGAMMA - Posts small blind $25PERSY - Posts big blind $50*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to SPADES21 [Ah Ac] SOXFORD7 - Calls $50WILD ARMS - FoldsSPADES21 - Raises $150 to $150CHADATTAK - FoldsHAMROID - FoldsXGAMMA - FoldsPERSY - Calls $100SOXFORD7 - Calls $100*** FLOP *** [3s 4s Qs]PERSY - ChecksSOXFORD7 - Bets $50SPADES21 - Raises $350 to $350PERSY - FoldsSOXFORD7 - All-In(Raise) $395 to $445SPADES21 - Calls $95*** TURN *** [3s 4s Qs] [2d]*** RIVER *** [3s 4s Qs 2d] [Qh]*** SHOW DOWN ***SOXFORD7 - Shows [8s 6s] (Flush, queen high) SPADES21 - Shows [Ah Ac] (Two Pairs, aces and queens) SOXFORD7 Collects $1365 from main potI know he flopped the flush but he called a preflop raise of 3xbb with 86s while he was the short stack...thats the kind of stuff ive been putting up with

sorry the hand convert was f'd up...or maybe im a tard but either way heres a hand from a single table the other day Stage #302647876 Tourney ID 182397 Holdem No Limit $25 - 2006-01-22 03:37:16 (ET)Table: 2 (Real Money) Seat #6 is the dealerSeat 1 - SOXFORD7 ($595 in chips)Seat 3 - WILD ARMS ($1395 in chips)Seat 4 - SPADES21 ($1530 in chips)Seat 5 - CHADATTAK ($1830 in chips)Seat 6 - HAMROID ($2750 in chips)Seat 8 - XGAMMA ($1550 in chips)Seat 9 - PERSY ($3850 in chips)XGAMMA - Posts small blind $25PERSY - Posts big blind $50*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to SPADES21 [Ah Ac] SOXFORD7 - Calls $50WILD ARMS - FoldsSPADES21 - Raises $150 to $150CHADATTAK - FoldsHAMROID - FoldsXGAMMA - FoldsPERSY - Calls $100SOXFORD7 - Calls $100*** FLOP *** [3s 4s Qs]PERSY - ChecksSOXFORD7 - Bets $50SPADES21 - Raises $350 to $350PERSY - FoldsSOXFORD7 - All-In(Raise) $395 to $445SPADES21 - Calls $95*** TURN *** [3s 4s Qs] [2d]*** RIVER *** [3s 4s Qs 2d] [Qh]*** SHOW DOWN ***SOXFORD7 - Shows [8s 6s] (Flush, queen high) SPADES21 - Shows [Ah Ac] (Two Pairs, aces and queens) SOXFORD7 Collects $1365 from main potI know he flopped the flush but he called a preflop raise of 3xbb with 86s while he was the short stack...thats the kind of stuff ive been putting up with
If this is the worst of your problems, then you don't know how good you have it. At those limits, a 2x BB raise (your raise was TO 3x, but it was only a 2x raise) is practically begging for action from people calling with implied odds who would like to take your entire stack when you put in a continuation bet.The raise of $300 after the flop when you had no redraws is a poor decision. If you had the Ace of Spades in your hand, then perhaps I make the same play with a redraw to the nuts. If you happen to be up against a made flush, as you were, then you're drawing dead to runners. I understand your play is a frustration play, but if this is the best example you could pull of your 'bad beats' then the problem is with your game, not the cards.Look at it from a math perspective. His hand is roughly a 22/78 underdog against yours. He called $100 preflop to win $600 of yours and take down a $1365 pot. I'd say his 2x call preflop was well worth the $100 investment, and he was fortunate that you offered him such a solid return.You will lose money on this hand after the flop, but it doesn't have to be so much. Your first mistake is in begging for a call with a small raise. You can either raise substantially preflop so that anyone fishing is paying dearly for their draw, or raise to keep people in the pot with lower equity but also lower your chances of winning that particular pot. The latter option often makes it necessary to get away from the hand. You chose that option, but didn't follow the 'get away from the hand' part. Not a bad beat.