gotta love scotty nguyen

Scotty Nguyen raises to $74,000 from the cutoff position, and Johnny Donaldson considers calling from the small blind. Nguyen says, "If you can beat queens, move all in, baby." Donaldson does just that, moving all in. Nguyen calls and shows -- pocket queens (Qc-Qh). Donaldson shows Jd-10c, and apparently he didn't believe Scotty Nguyen. (This is reminiscent of the last hand of the 1998 World Series main event, when Scotty Nguyen uttered one of the best quotes in poker history -- "If you call, it's all over baby.")

Hes got a great personality for tv poker. He hasnt waon anything big in awhile so I hope he can take this one down. chip leader going into WPT final 6. good luck scotty.
I'm very happy that theres 3 very good poker players at the final table. That hasn't happened in a while and the last WPT final table sucked with all respect to David Singer. I hope Scotty takes it down from the Grinder HU.

Cant believe Scotty got that donk to call all in with J-10 off. Guess that's what his table talk can do to people. On a side note, I'm playing .50/1 NL on Full Tilt now, with a guy named Phil Ivey on my right.

Cant believe Scotty got that donk to call all in with J-10 off. Guess that's what his table talk can do to people. On a side note, I'm playing .50/1 NL on Full Tilt now, with a guy named Phil Ivey on my right.
I heard hes a major donk from Mike Matusow.

Knowing typical Scotty he will crash and burn going out six...swI hope Scotty does well but I like the Grinder's chances better and Gavin's a thug. Hope final 3 is those three, that would make some tight tv."You quote me and it's gonna be all over, baby!"

Is it just me, or did anyone else think this would be bad ettiquette to talk about your hand like that while someone else is thinking. I remember something similar happen in an old WSOP where a guy told another guy what he had the TJ cloutier got mad and said you better be lying if u pull something like that.

On a side note, I'm playing .50/1 NL on Full Tilt now, with a guy named Phil Ivey on my right.
What's your sn?
My sn is Champsox. Played with him for about 45 min, then he switched to another table to give other people a shot at him. Only played 2 pots with him, both were folds to us in the blinds. Had a lot of fun, as he was talking to everyone.

That's cool, I was just hoping you weren't that donk BigRedDouchebag, he was just giving money away. I kind of feel sorry for this pro's as whenever they're on they have to deal with a million questions all at once and are expected to answer them all. Then I Remember the amount of money they have and I chuckle.

Very true about Scotty..."If you can beat" is different than "I have"...what Scotty did here was not bad sportsmanship and it wasnt illegal, just a little bit of gamesmanship to get that donkey to stuff it in with J high. He used the same tactic when he won the WSOP as everyone knows. I love watching Scotty play.

scotty win one the best tournament players, always, always makes the final table its unbelieveable how many he has made it there. Like atleast once every 5 or 6 tournies, I'm serious. I am going to be so bold and say he is the best tournament in the last 5 years, if u dont beleive check out his sheet, so many final tables its unreal, and his personality is unmatched I love to just watch that guy play and talk, babyMatt

Scotty Nguyen raises to $74,000 from the cutoff position, and Johnny Donaldson considers calling from the small blind. Nguyen says, "If you can beat queens, move all in, baby." Donaldson does just that, moving all in. Nguyen calls and shows -- pocket queens (Qc-Qh). Donaldson shows Jd-10c, and apparently he didn't believe Scotty Nguyen. (This is reminiscent of the last hand of the 1998 World Series main event, when Scotty Nguyen uttered one of the best quotes in poker history -- "If you call, it's all over baby.")
Wow thats odd? That's almost word for word what Cardplayer had to say.
Wow thats odd? That's almost word for word what Cardplayer had to say.
sigh...

i think that in most major tourneys (though i have never played in one), if you tell what your hand is, or flip and expose your cards to other players in the hand, you may be subject to a penalty, such as a time penalty or your hand being declared dead.i think it is up to the discretion of the tournament staff.don't quote me on this (or do, i really don't care).

I heard they have a new rule...you can talk about your hand, but, you can't tell the truth.Seriously, you can say "I have a pair of Queens", but, you better not.Don't know what the penalty is, maybe you have to sit in Linda Johnsons lap for twenty minutes?

Does any one know what the actual rule is about talking about your hand?  Its a raging debate in our poker league....  any thoughts would be much appreciated.
In the rules athttp://www.harrahs.com/wsop/rules.htmlit says, "Verbally disclosing the contents of your hand or advising a player how to play a hand may result in a penalty."This rule can easily be sidestepped by saying, "if you can beat pocket queens, go all in" etc.I asked Johnny Grooms what he would do if a player showed his hand to affect play. He said that he would penalize the player in tournament chips. I think he said two or three big blinds worth of chips.

I have seen the hand declared dead. But I remember reading in Super System that Doyle would flip his cards over and look at the expression on his opponent's face. Would cash games be different from tournies?