daniel in h.or.s.e. event? (poll)

$3,000 buy in at the Grand.After being such a proponent of Mixed games...do you think he will play this tomorrow?Edit: Tomorrow the 22nd guess I got off a day somewhere.

Use the thread to discuss if he will play..buyin too low for DN to take seriously...they only had 27 enter their TD 2 to 7 tourney several days ago.Question is will he cash?(contingent on playing)

Use the thread to discuss if he will play..buyin too low for DN to take seriously...they only had 27 enter their TD 2 to 7 tourney several days ago.Question is will he cash?(contingent on playing)
3k is not too low for him to take seriously......that is if there was a bracelet to win :lol:But seriously, who knows if he'll play? He might have a hair appointment......

if he played, he would be a significant favorite most likely.not many people can take theory from all the games and be able to recall and use them as well as daniel. this reason makes him a threat alone.that is...if he plays

It is a great format for him, but he probably will not play. He has blown off $10,000 buy in tournies that he actually paid the buy in for because the are not televised. He plays tournaments for the exposure as well as the cash.

Exposure is pretty much the only reason alot of pros play the tournaments. Phil Ivey would not play a single tournament if it wasnt going to be televised, or get him recognition in things like Cardplayer's player of the year race, the money is chump change to him

$3,000 buy in at the Grand.After being such a proponent of Mixed games...do you think he will play this tomorrow?Edit: Tomorrow the 22nd guess I got off a day somewhere.
"..he was a donk, he was a donk, he was a donk.."
if he played, he would be a significant favorite most likely.not many people can take theory from all the games and be able to recall and use them as well as daniel. this reason makes him a threat alone.that is...if he plays
He probably has and egde, but there is no such thing as a significant favorite in a tournament..... Unless one guy gets dealt 3 cards every hand instead of two.
Exposure is pretty much the only reason alot of pros play the tournaments. Phil Ivey would not play a single tournament if it wasnt going to be televised, or get him recognition in things like Cardplayer's player of the year race, the money is chump change to him
Does anyone really believe this? It seems like Ivey has a competitive streak a mile wide. The money may not "matter" but it is how you keep score, and from what Daniel says and anyone can observe, he seems focused to the point of being almost fanatical about being the best. Great quality in a poker player, and not enough people have it in real life, which is one reason much of the world is a shitstorm. Discuss.
Does anyone really believe this? It seems like Ivey has a competitive streak a mile wide. The money may not "matter" but it is how you keep score, and from what Daniel says and anyone can observe, he seems focused to the point of being almost fanatical about being the best. Great quality in a poker player, and not enough people have it in real life, which is one reason much of the world is a censored. Discuss.
Ohhh..I dunno..The fact that he can spend 1-3 big bets to win a million or better probably has something to do with the reason the top Pro's play tournaments.
Ohhh..I dunno..The fact that he can spend 1-3 big bets to win a million or better probably has something to do with the reason the top Pro's play tournaments.
Noted. just checked out last couple entries in your blog also, how are the games in dm these days? I've always wanted to hit Prairie Meadows, but never have.
Noted. just checked out last couple entries in your blog also, how are the games in dm these days? I've always wanted to hit Prairie Meadows, but never have.
There's always one or two. Ranging from the nickel and dime to a 20-20 PL Omaha game I know of.