rip hunter s. thompson

Hunter S. Thompson is one of those few people whom upon his entry into the after-life, the powers that be will sit him down and ask him all about his surroundings and his times, instead of the other way around.

Wow...that sucks.For those that dont know, if u ever saw Fear and Loathing in Las vegas...he was the character that Johnny dep was playing.Intresting character, and the world is a little more boring without him.

For those that dont know, if u ever saw Fear and Loathing in Las vegas...he was the character that Johnny dep was playing.
Sad sign of the times when you are better remembered for a movie made about a book you wrote.
For those that dont know, if u ever saw Fear and Loathing in Las vegas...he was the character that Johnny dep was playing.
Sad sign of the times when you are better remembered for a movie made about a book you wrote.
or all of the articles he wrote for Rolling Stone in its heydey. He was also a great sports writer

Hello, I'm just wondering if anybody has been in a similar situation. Have any of you hit that 3 outer when you realy needed it. I mean realy did. Im 16 and have been playing poker for a while now as some of you know. about a month and a half ago i was staying up all hours of the morning playing free rolls, trying to scrape something together. The top prize was usualy about 25 dollars. Now i currently am worth about 9000 dollars. I started playing a bit over my head today, but consistantly cashed in the 200 sng on poker stars. Later i decided to play a 1000 dollar sng. I almost went out on the bubble when my a-6 ran into an a-9(this guy was a maniak ok, He pushed anything and i was in the BB with a shortstack.)everything blanked exept for the river....6!!!. thank u jesus i exclaimed!!!I later went on to take 2nd. yahooI was just wondering if any of you have similar stories.i'm usused to getting outdrawn, but when your on the other side of it,it feels great.sorry i hit reply and i dont know how to fix it.dang it.

is this true? i mean, are u really sure? where did u read it and are u sure it was suicide? Im just wondering what gun he chose, that guy had a huge arsenal. also i bet he chose to go out on a real high, probably stuffed with mescalin and whatnot.also, i would like to encourage everyone to read his stuff! all his political commentary stuff are gathered in collections, also his classic 'on the campaign trail' books and of course "F&L in Las Vegas" (the book is a classic, a total mustread! and be sure to get the illustrated version!!)rest in peace, HST. u were a rambling genius!!

A real must read for Hunter Thompson fans: Fear and Loathing in America. I recieved this book as a birthday present a few years ago. It's a collection of his business correspondence from the early 1960's through the mid 1970's. It's very insightful, and sheds a whole other light on his writing. My favorite book of his though, would have to be Hell's Angels. It's quite possibly one of the most underrated pieces of prose ever written. It's a history of the Hell's Angels gang/ diary of Hunter's own experiences basically living as one of the gang. It doesn't get much better.

I agree he wasn't "famous" for the movie about his book, that jsut gave him more exposure for those that don't read books that arn't shoved down your throats by mass america or what Oprah tells you to read.He will be missed, at least by me. One heckuva funny guy... helped shape my sense of humor, which you will see over time here!

That's a real shame. I kind of feel like I should eat some mescaline and go swimming. I was just reading an article on his death that had a fantastic quote "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” Although I don't think he had much to say about poker (I could be wrong and would very much like to read anything he did have to say on this subject) he certainly gave us ideas about something to do after a bad beat, instead of tilting your money away at the table go and do something completely excessive and wake up the next day with a story to tell.

Sad day when one of America's great voices end his life. I loved his style. I loved his wit. I often think about passages he wrote, silently laughing at his use of words. There won't be another Thompson.

Hunter S. Thompson was one of the few writers that could write about anything--absolutely anything--and it would be interesting.I am REALLY going to miss him.

three cheers for fat city, bikers with a grip on the dualism necessary for any good gang monkier, shotguns n' rifles, Ether, anything gonzo, tragedy in the face of apathy, this stupid country, puerto rico, sharks, Depp and Murray, silver screen glam girl cigarette filters, the inevitable, Steadman, fist-fighting magic midgets, and god-dammit the death of my hero.just found out...oh man.