poker room in kc

Harrah's does, that's my first choice. Ameristar does, and that's my second choice. Isle of Debri (I mean Capri) does as well but I never go there.Mostly 3/6 limit @ Harrahs. Sometimes 4/8 w/Kill. 1/2 NL $100 buyin up to 1/5 $500 max buyin.Ameristar has 3/6 w/Kill. Same NL as Harrahs and occasionally they run an omaha game.Isle of Debri, not sure. The place is a mess.

Ameristar:Limit Hold'em3/6 with full kill4/8 with full kill6/12 with half kill15/30 with half killNo Limit Hold'em100 - 300 Buy-in, $2 - 5 blindsStud2 - 20 H/LOmaha10/20 with full killBad Beat $160,000.00Quads or better, both cards used by both players, Limit & No Limit Hold'em50% to beat, 25% to winner, 25% to table

Ameristar:Limit Hold'em3/6 with full kill4/8 with full kill6/12 with half kill15/30 with half killNo Limit Hold'em100 - 300 Buy-in, $2 - 5 blindsStud2 - 20 H/LOmaha10/20 with full killBad Beat $160,000.00Quads or better, both cards used by both players, Limit & No Limit Hold'em50% to beat, 25% to winner, 25% to table

I was at both Harrah's and Ameristar last night. Harrahs only has HE, and does not have any limits over 3/6. They have weekend no limits up to $1,000. Since in MO you can only cash in for $500 every 3 hours, you have to get there early and cash in twice after the 3 hours if you want to buy in for the max. NL games range fronm 100-200 to 100-300, plus the 500-1000 mentioned above. Ameristar has more action. They have more games, and last night they had a 15/30 HE game going. All small stakes HE games at the Ameristar are Kill pots.

I usually go to either Harrah's or Ameristar, but one weekend I went to Isle of Capri to check it out. The place is trashy compared to the others. And as far as poker goes, the poker room only offered 4/8 with kill when I was there! There was only two tables playing on a weekend! So after doubling my buy-in I left, and never went back.

I usually go to either Harrah's or Ameristar, but one weekend I went to Isle of Capri to check it out. The place is trashy compared to the others. And as far as poker goes, the poker room only offered 4/8 with kill when I was there! There was only two tables playing on a weekend! So after doubling my buy-in I left, and never went back.

If you are on a rush, you double the action and can really clean up. So for some it is a big bonus, others will see the limits double and play even tighter. It depends on who you are playing against and what your style is. The limits double so if you are short stacked, you may avoid kill pots until something more affordable comes along. If you are a gambler, you may raise a kill pot with any 2 cards just to push people out. There are all kinds of theories about kill pots. Bottom line is they don't happen all that often and if the timing is right, you can scoop a big kill pot.