i feel left out

This forum is one of my new favorites, but more to the point...I see all of these little clubs and such on this forum, and i've decided to start my own. It's gonna be called the FCP Rags-to-Riches Crew, or FCPR2R.Basically, it's a group dedicated to creative players, and believe that "textbook" holdem is not the most profitable strategy. While I do beleive that old-fashioned TAG is a great way to grind out a living, I personally am much more akin to keeping my opponents (as well as myself) on my toes by mixing up my game and alternating TAG in with a much more liberal approach to pre-flop play. This is mostly directed at the no-limit players, but can be applied to limit as well. I'm no Gus Hansen, but how bout showing some love to the connectors, gap-suited hands, and all the "little" cards out there. There's 52 in deck, gotta give some attention to the cards under 10!PM to join. Here's the requirements.1- Must be a creative "outside the box" holdem player. 2- post at least 3 hands in which "rags" have led to huge pots going into your stack.3- Must bring something to discussions in off topic, and the strat forums.4- TAGs who whine when their AK gets beaten by hands like 4-5 need not applyFirst 5 members will be "Founding members" of FCPR2R and will forever hold that title, and display it proudly in their sigs, blogs, etc

FCP Nerd Herd = Pwning FCPR2RJust sayin'.
I wish I could get in the Nerd Herd. :cry:
I think you're gonna have to check with Sophos on that one.

Here are my 3 big hands:1- live $120 buy in NL tournament.Button has about 5K in chipsSB has about 2KI am in the BB with about 7K100-200 blindsFolds to button, who makes it 600SB foldsI defend my blind with 4 :club: 6 :D Flop: 3 :D 5 :) 7 :D I check, Button bets 1200.I raise to 3KButton moves all-in. I call.Button shows 9 :) 9 :) 2- .50-$1 NL ring gameI'm in the cutoff with about $400Folds to me, I raise it up to $5 with 9 :) 7 :) Button foldsSB foldsBB callsFlop: 6 :) 8 :club J :club:BB checks, I bet $8, BB callsTurn: 5 :) BB checks, I bet $15, BB moves all-in for $90 moreI call,BB shows J :) J :heart:River brings a blank3- final hand of a $20 home game NL tournament (earlier tonight)I'm in the SB with 6 :) 3 :heart:Blinds: 200-400SB(me) has about 25kBB has about 20kFolds to SB, I raise it up to 1k, BB callsFlop A :) 3 :) 6 :diamond:I bet out 2k, BB raises to 5k. I callTurn: 3 :spade:I check, BB bets 5k, I callRiver: K :heart:I bet out 4k, BB moves all-in, I callBB shows A :) K :)

Here are my 3 big hands:1- live $120 buy in NL tournament.Button has about 5K in chipsSB has about 2KI am in the BB with about 7K100-200 blindsFolds to button, who makes it 600SB foldsI defend my blind with 4 :club: 6 :D Flop: 3 :D 5 :) 7 :D I check, Button bets 1200.I raise to 3KButton moves all-in. I call.Button shows 9 :) 9 :) 2- .50-$1 NL ring gameI'm in the cutoff with about $400Folds to me, I raise it up to $5 with 9 :) 7 :) Button foldsSB foldsBB callsFlop: 6 :) 8 :club J :club:BB checks, I bet $8, BB callsTurn: 5 :) BB checks, I bet $15, BB moves all-in for $90 moreI call,BB shows J :) J :heart:River brings a blank3- final hand of a $20 home game NL tournament (earlier tonight)I'm in the SB with 6 :) 3 :heart:Blinds: 200-400SB(me) has about 25kBB has about 20kFolds to SB, I raise it up to 1k, BB callsFlop A :) 3 :) 6 :diamond:I bet out 2k, BB raises to 5k. I callTurn: 3 :spade:I check, BB bets 5k, I callRiver: K :heart:I bet out 4k, BB moves all-in, I callBB shows A :) K :)
Congrats, but its not like you're re-inventing the wheel with these plays... especially heads up

honestly, OT is a life unto itself, and I love it in here. I have always loved this section of the forum. Don't worry about trying to fit into some niche's that exist, everyone is generally cool in here, as long as u are cool, it'll be all good

honestly, OT is a life unto itself, and I love it in here. I have always loved this section of the forum. Don't worry about trying to fit into some niche's that exist, everyone is generally cool in here, as long as u are cool, it'll be all good
yeah this is definatelyone of my favorite forums now
and research KowboyKoop to see how not to post.
and research KowboyKoop's signture to see how not to post.
FYP
and research KowboyKoop's signature to see how not to post.
FYP
FYP FYP
and research KowboyKoop's signature to see how not to post.
FYP
FY FP
FY FFP
Brilliant plays, all. Anyone who is any good at all at NL plays those cards before the flop with deep/reasonable stacks.Also, I'm not in a club, and I've never been invited, and I don't want to be a part of any stupid damned club anyway. Working freelance is the best.

will you be giving away FCPR2R hats? will you host a $20 freeroll for the 1st 2500 members? will there be hot chicks at your gatherings?i'm signing up as soon as I take down 3 pots at the .01/.02 tables.....could take me a few weeks but i'll get it done!

here are my three hands...4/8 live..UTG limp, mp 1 limps, i'm on the button with Ks3s, I raise, blinds fold, utg calls, MP1 re raises, I cap. Flop comes down K43 scramble. utg checks, mp1 bets ( mp 1 had been chattering about his being his favorite hand, and when he re raised, the way he did it, made me 90 percent sure he had aces, the smugness that he said it..) I raise, utg 3 bets! ( new girl, have no read on her play, could be AK, KQ, could be set of fours, could be 56.. no read at all) mp i calls, and I cap.Turn comes a king. utg checks, mp1 checks, I bet, utg raises again, and I at this point put her on 44, utg cals, I re raise, utg calls, mp1 calls.river check check, I bet, call call. UTG sure enough had 44, mp 1 sure enough had AA, and I win a big pot, dancing and laughing.two table live NL HE tourneyment. blinds are 50-100. I have 1100 in chips. folded around to me in the cut off, with K3 offsuit. I raise to 300 hundred. button ( a very loose player, calls lots of pre flop raises and plays them passively). Flop comes down 2 4 9 scramble. I go all in, he mucks AJ hearts face up. I muck k3 offsuit face up, and stack my chips, alughing and pinching and dancing. He gets pissed, talking about how could he call with aj, and that he hates people like me who disgrace the game, and it's a 20 dollar tourney , con grats, and blah blah blah I say "youre right, it is a 20 dollar tourney, and I'm just having fun.." I probly didn't help that I yelled over to the other table, to the Krablar high priest about the hand.. the guy was the chip leader at my table prior to this hand. He was the first person to bust out after that. latter, when I had AK, and he spite called my, and I floped an ace, and bet he flipped over his 5 7 off no pair, no draw and said " you didn't bluff me out that time" * yeah buddy, you showed me.it gets folded around to the button, who limps, I have Kh3h in the small blind, big blind, a very Lag player calls, as does the button.The flop comes down 4 6 8, scramble. I bet, bb raises, button folds, I three bet, he calls. Turn comes a 7, I bet, he calls. River comes a king. I bet, he calls. He had 10 8, I flip over my Krablar, and laugh and pinch and win the pot.if you want more of my credentials to be in this club, read this thread.http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...ar+introduction

Eh, being part of some club on here is overrated. Like KDawg said, just hang out in Off Topic, this is the lounge area of the forum. Strategy is where the better poker players than me post, and General is where the idiots go. OT is my kind of area....