pokertracker vs pot odds

Thanks to advice from many posters i can proudly say that i have turned a 200$ deposit into 700 thanks to some good variance and an empire poker bonus of a 100. My question though is this. I have been playing .50/1.00 limit the past month and a half and found a flaw in my game. I think its a flaw any way and thats why im asking. I have noticed that when i flop top pair with a good kicker. and bet through i will always call the checkraise on the river. According to poker tracker i am beat most of the time i make this call. Yes, i might be a donkey but im looking for advice not flaming. Is ignoring the pot odds to call a bad move? Or should the evidence from poker tracker be enough to call less often on the river. Oh and for the record this is over 7500 hands. thanks for the help in advance

10 things:1. STRAT FORUM IS THAT WAY -------------------------------------------------------->2. congrats on the BR increase.3. Have you looked at the pot size to indicate how often you have to be correct in calling the C/R to make a profit.4. At .50/1, a C/R means you are usually beat.5. At .50/1 there are usually many players in each hand increasing your pot odds, and forcing you to call.6. Way past time for you to move up to 1/2.7. STRAT FORUM IS THAT WAY --------------------------------------------------------->8. That's all I got.9. I'm spent.10. FU

10 things:1.  STRAT FORUM IS THAT WAY -------------------------------------------------------->2. congrats on the BR increase.3.  Have you looked at the pot size to indicate how often you have to be correct  in calling the C/R to make a profit.4. At .50/1, a C/R means you are usually beat.5. At .50/1 there are usually many players in each hand increasing your pot odds, and forcing you to call.6.  Way past time for you to move up to 1/2.7.  STRAT FORUM IS THAT WAY --------------------------------------------------------->8. That's all I got.9. I'm spent.10. FU
figured id get something like this... sorry it wasent in the strat forum... any other opinions besides moving up in limits....

I hope you didn't think my response to your thread was a thinly veiled flame. It wasn't intended that way. Post your question in General Strategy and you will get more than one response. I think you have enough success at .50/1, enough hands played, and a proper bankroll to move up in limits. If PT is telling you that you lose the majority of time when you get c/r on the river then it means PT is working correctly. Of course you are USUALLY beat with TP/GK when you get c/r on the river.The problem is, how often does your calling the c/r have to be correct for a call to be profitable?If you have bet your hand the whole way and are getting 12-1 pot odds(sometimes much much more), then why would you fold unless you have a solid read. Even if you have a solid read, you will be a slave to the pot more often than not. If your intent with this thread was sincere then you should post this question in strat and be prepared to offer specific examples.Many of the posters there will be more articulate and are certainly much more qualified to answer your question than I am.

you dont fully understand pot odds. you cant just say 'pot odds' and call a river bet. you need to estimate the frequency with which your opponents will checkraise worse hands then yours, and compare that to the odds being laid. for example, if the pot is 10 bets, and you must call 1 bet to see the showdown, you would need to estimate your chances of winning at better than 10-1 against in order to make this call profitable.

you dont fully understand pot odds. you cant just say 'pot odds' and call a river bet. you need to estimate the frequency with which your opponents will checkraise worse hands then yours, and compare that to the odds being laid. for example, if the pot is 10 bets, and you must call 1 bet to see the showdown, you would need to estimate your chances of winning at better than 10-1 against in order to make this call profitable.
As always, he's correct.

Putting it real simple: if you call a raise on the river (in limit) when you're behind you make a small mistake but if you fold to a raise (still limit) when you're ahead you make a freaking huge mega sup4r dupa mistake.