more than just hold'em....

I started playing poker a little over a year and a half ago and like the countless others started with No Limit Hold'em. Well after this time I have grown a little tiresome of hold'em and decided to diversify my poker portfolio.Over the past two weeks I have started playing three new (new to me) forms of poker, those being, 2-5 triple draw/Omaha High/Omaha Hi-Lo. After reading the Super System chapters on these games I feel that I have a real grasp on them and really enjoy the fact that I am no longer just a NLHE player but a poker player in general.I felt like sharing this with all of you and apologize for it being a tad long. I would also like to know how many of you out there currenlt play different games other than NLHE. I feel this has made me a better player overall and wonder if the same has happened for others. I look forward to your input...Joey 8)

I'll give the kid a serious answer. I play almost exclusively Omaha 8, limit and pot limit. I still play some NLHE tourney's from time to time, but I've found my profit to be higher and more consistent playing Omaha 8.

Also, I've found the playing Omaha 8 and Stud 8 has made my hold em game much better when I do play, I'm not sure why, maybe by reinforcing the power of position and teaching me to tighten up preflop.

I started playing stud but i think my pre 4th street requirements are too high because i get bored as hell playing that game unless i am playing at a very short handed table. My best results still come from NLHE but that is probably because i have not invested enough time into learning the other games. Lousy schoolwork!As soon as i get some freetime i am gonna learn the other forms of poker. Think of it as martial arts. You can beat the hell out of someone if you are a world class boxer, but your fighting skills (and even your boxing skills to some extent) will be improved (positioning, weak points on body ect.) if you learn other forms of combat. Good analogy?? (feedback appreciated)

i also started with NLHE but i grew vary bored with that and then moved to LHE which i enjoy a lot more. Then i read up on limit O8 and PLO and pretty much only play them online but i only play LHE live. I guess ill agree with some others that i found that O8 has certainly helped me tighten up my LHE game. Keep it up and good luck.

I play Omaha hi and low for a change of pace, it somehow relaxes me. The first time I ever played Omaha I got in a $5 SnG, and won the damn thing. That cost me a little money in the short run, lol.I, too, think it tightens me up, I'm more aware of the oppositions' hole cards when I go back to LHE.I read a little about Omaha, and I'm constantly amazed at the crap people will play. Just like LHE, they will play any cards before the flop, and, just like LHE, they will suck you out.

When I first began playing, I started playing all the games equally, except for 2-7 triple draw, which I learned later, and other uncommon games. My favourites grew to be Holdem in all forms, Pot limit Omaha hi, and omaha hi/lo on occasion. I do not like stud at all. I find the range of games is good when you get bored with one game or go on tilt.

but does chuck norris really exist?i mean, really?
you are begging for a roundhouse kick to the face.