"high stakes poker" tonight

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I have to say I'm disappointed.I loved the idea of a cash game on TV, but there were too many commercials and extra BS, plus the fact that it was only an hour long. 2hrs + less commercials and this show would be sickk

Overall I have to say I'm disappointed.I loved the idea of a cash game on TV, but there were too many commercials and extra BS, plus the fact that it was only an hour long.  2hrs + less commercials and this show would be sickk
It's not a one time deal..but I agree about the commercials and little vignettes..
Man, the setup for this cash game was horrible.  next time try not to have people sitting in the backround who look bored to death.   Maybe hire a couple of good announcers.
Nice first post, and your the only person on about 3 different poker boards that hates it. Who gives a damn about the people in the background?
Was my first post supposed to be special?? I liked the poker, I just thought the setup could have been a little better.

Anyone else think Ted Forrest might have been playing above his bankroll? He bought in my $100K then when he lost it, he bought in for $50K . Doyle had at least $500K and Daniel had at least a million. I don't remember Ted taking down any million dollar tourneys , either.

Anyone else think Ted Forrest might have been playing above his bankroll?   He bought in my $100K then when he lost it, he bought in for $50K .    Doyle had at least $500K and Daniel had at least a million.    I don't remember Ted taking down any  million dollar tourneys , either.
Never sat with less than the max buy in at a table?Ted's won more than 2 million playing tournaments..http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=87
Anyone else think Ted Forrest might have been playing above his bankroll?   He bought in my $100K then when he lost it, he bought in for $50K .    Doyle had at least $500K and Daniel had at least a million.    I don't remember Ted taking down any  million dollar tourneys , either.
Ted's primarialy a cash game player, as far as I know he still play in the Larry Flynt game
I'm glad for this replay as I missed all of this earlier because 24 was on
I have it being recorded right now, cus I was recording 24 at 8. Have not advanced like the rest and gotten a TiVo yet.

watching the replay now..the gyno's play of the aces makes me want to stab myself with a rusty screwdriver.and the way he talks about aces the next hand.. i'm naseous."Aces?! Where you come from?! I never see aces in my whole life."makes me want to shove some of his accessories in his eyeballs

The young guy next to the Dr. looks totally terrified every hand. The hand where DN plops the $100k cash on the table and it goes bang as it hits the table was cool.The hand where DB goes allin with AK and then TF goes "Huh" was funny with his facial expression. I found it a very good show and it shows people who are used to torunaments that cash games are very different. 8)Edit : I have to smack myself on this one. "torunaments"? Lets break it down and see if we can make any sense of that word...to run aments? Hmm? Well the definition of aments is "A person with severely deficient intellectual capacity". :roll:

Anyone else thing the gyno doctor is waaaaay too into hollywooding?Gyno: "I raise..."::wait:::waiting:::still waiting::DN: "Were you serious about the raise?"Gyno: "Yeah!"Doyle: "Why don't you share it with the rest of us."LOL

is arizona central or pacific time zone?
LOL! :club: What happened to the Mountain Time Zone???Half the year Arizona is on Pacific time and the other half it's on the Mountain Time Zone. I believe it's currently on the Mountain Time Zone but I'm not sure since I dont live there.

"when you go to a poker game, you always want to be ready to beat the other guy at the game."Then goes on to pull an MTV cribs with his closet and all his corny "poker" accessories.I'm sorry, I know this is like my 4th post about this guy but he really irritates me LOL

what games does Daniel Alaei normally play. I remember him from the 2004 wsop and liked what I saw. I'm assuming that most of the guys that aren't in the big game play at least 400/800 somewhere in Vegas or in LA

what games does Daniel Alaei normally play. I remember him from the 2004 wsop and liked what I saw. I'm assuming that most of the guys that aren't in the big game play at least 400/800 somewhere in Vegas or in LA
I thought I remembered him from something.. must have been the WSOP. On the other hand, it didn't even seem like Jerry Buss was there, everytime they shot him it was from a different angle and the lighting looked different. Maybe he was playing "via satellite" LOL

I thought the show was good. This is one of the first live games I have seen on TV (not tourney). If you've been to Bellagio and seen Bobby's room, this is probably the closest your are going to get to that. The only other thing that I could think of that comes close to this is Live @ The Bike, but the players are nowhere near this caliber.Number of commercials & MTV Cribs stuff, I could easily do without...Watching high stakes cash game on TV, I say it's about time. This could have easily been 2 hours, or perhaps twice per week...GSN is trying to milk this thing for all its worth, but who cares...watching a cash game with those players, I thought it was great.

I don't get the fascination with TIVO. Yeah , you can record crap but can you take a disk out and give it to your buddy down the street? No. I have a DVD recorder and I can record it on a DVD and let my friend borrow it. I don't have any friends but if I did, I could let him borrow it.

I don't get the fascination with TIVO.    Yeah , you can record crap but can you take a disk out and give it to your buddy down the street?   No.    I have a DVD recorder and I can record it on a DVD and let my friend borrow it.    I don't have any friends but if I did, I could let him borrow it.
You're Retardedretarded.jpg
I don't get the fascination with TIVO.    Yeah , you can record crap but can you take a disk out and give it to your buddy down the street?   No.    I have a DVD recorder and I can record it on a DVD and let my friend borrow it.    I don't have any friends but if I did, I could let him borrow it.
You're Retardedretarded.jpg
Best first post ever!