chronic-cles of royal

Danny, sounds odd, but playing my share of MTT's you have to change your game plan.some people have the idea you just need to push with any two face cards and hope to double up and go on to win.. etc...me, i can go a whole MTT without showing down a single hand and make the money. Sometimes you have to be willing to risk a set amount of your chips in order to advance bit by bit. At no point am i ever comfortable pushing my chips in the middle, and if i continued to wait on cards before making a move i could have been getting low.The idea behind this is your table image, much like the start of a WSOP for a well known pro, no one really gives him action and he is able to steal small pots.This play was based strictly on the fact of preying on a weak middle stack at a short handed table after a few rotation of folding.I do not recommend doing it as a "strategy", thanks for the naked comments

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny,  sounds odd,  but playing my share of MTT's you have to change your game plan.some people have the idea you just need to push with any two face cards and hope to double up and go on to win.. etc...me,  i can go a whole MTT without showing down a single hand and make the money.  Sometimes you have to be willing to risk a set amount of your chips in order to advance bit by bit. At no point am i ever comfortable pushing my chips in the middle, and if i continued to wait on cards before making a move i could have been getting low.The idea behind this is your table image, much like the start of a WSOP for a well known pro,  no one really gives him action and he is able to steal small pots.This play was based strictly on the fact of preying on a weak middle stack at a short handed table after a few rotation of folding.I do not recommend doing it as a "strategy",    thanks for the naked comments
You had me at "naked."
Danny,  sounds odd,  but playing my share of MTT's you have to change your game plan.some people have the idea you just need to push with any two face cards and hope to double up and go on to win.. etc...me,  i can go a whole MTT without showing down a single hand and make the money.  Sometimes you have to be willing to risk a set amount of your chips in order to advance bit by bit. At no point am i ever comfortable pushing my chips in the middle, and if i continued to wait on cards before making a move i could have been getting low.The idea behind this is your table image, much like the start of a WSOP for a well known pro,  no one really gives him action and he is able to steal small pots.This play was based strictly on the fact of preying on a weak middle stack at a short handed table after a few rotation of folding.I do not recommend doing it as a "strategy",    thanks for the naked comments
I second this notion. I can say that in any decent showing in a tourney, the number of hands that I show down will between 2 to 4 per hour, and the number of pots I lose will be very low. Most tourneys I do well in my showdowns at the end are typically something ridiculous like 9/11 or 13/14. I had a tourney the other day where I finished high, but was 14/19 at showdown-and I just could not believe that I had 19 showdowns in slightly over 4 hours, or that I had lost 5 of them. Any tournament where the buyin is over $20, if your number of pots won without showdown isn't at least double the number of pots won with a showdown, then you will not put yourself into a position where you can win. My goal is typically triple.The only thing I don't like about your play here Royal is that you get set into making a play at the pot before you had analyzed all what had happened in the hand. This often will cause quick-betting which can be taken as a bluff. Just make sure to keep an eye on your timing and make sure it is consistent with all of your other hands.
i play MTT's rarely and poorly. when i do, i play very straightforward, push too often, etc. very ABC/SSHE stuff.that's not good.i was trying to point out that knowing you were going to make a move the very next hand was ludicrous. i know realize that if there had been a raise and reraise, or something out of the ordinary, you would not have done it. as it turns out it was a button raise, perfect for stealing from.for some reason, when i read it the first time, it seemed you "got lucky" that it was a button raise. then i realized if it had been something silly or unstealable, you simply wouldn't have done it.if that assumption is incorrect, my original point stands.
i play MTT's rarely and poorly. when i do, i play very straightforward, push too often, etc. very ABC/SSHE stuff.that's not good.i was trying to point out that knowing you were going to make a move the very next hand was ludicrous. i know realize that if there had been a raise and reraise, or something out of the ordinary, you would not have done it. as it turns out it was a button raise, perfect for stealing from.for some reason, when i read it the first time, it seemed you "got lucky" that it was a button raise. then i realized if it had been something silly or unstealable, you simply wouldn't have done it.if that assumption is incorrect, my original point stands.
You're correct, I had this planned much like a move in chess, but if something happend, UTG raised, or SB called, then i would have backed down completely.sorry i ddint clear that up to begin
Danny, sounds odd, but playing my share of MTT's you have to change your game plan.some people have the idea you just need to push with any two face cards and hope to double up and go on to win.. etc...me, i can go a whole MTT without showing down a single hand and make the money. Sometimes you have to be willing to risk a set amount of your chips in order to advance bit by bit. At no point am i ever comfortable pushing my chips in the middle, and if i continued to wait on cards before making a move i could have been getting low.The idea behind this is your table image, much like the start of a WSOP for a well known pro, no one really gives him action and he is able to steal small pots.This play was based strictly on the fact of preying on a weak middle stack at a short handed table after a few rotation of folding.I do not recommend doing it as a "strategy", thanks for the naked comments
You're correct, I had this planned much like a move in chess, but if something happend, UTG raised, or SB called, then i would have backed down completely.sorry i ddint clear that up to begin
since we made up, i wanted to turn that into a sex pun. couldn't think of anything good though, so i didn't force it.
I don't think I have ever seen a more meaningless topic.True
Are you stil upset cuz i proved you wrong over and over in a game you thought you crushed? short handed LHE?You do know its ok to listen to older wiser people now and then :wink:
Are you stil upset cuz i proved you wrong over and over in a game you thought you crushed? short handed LHE?You do know its ok to listen to older wiser people now and then :wink:
hmmmm ............... prove it. :wink:
How old are you? I pictured you a scrapping young lad of about 22.
you know how old i am you douche, I'm 24 but look 18. gawd.
I think you look about 21. But no matter how old you're still adorable. :club:
you know how old i am you douche, I'm 24 but look like kevin bacon from the air up there. gawd.
FYP
oh you.. tee hee.I remember when i had my 21st B-day, i went home with a 32 year old woman with 2 kids.awesome!, whats the views on that from a womans perspective?, is it cuz i was so young + younger looking?, is it maybe about feeling like shes doing something illegal? although i'm pretty witty in person, i had her in tears
oh you.. tee hee.I remember when i had my 21st B-day, i went home with a 32 year old woman with 2 kids.awesome!, whats the views on that from a womans perspective?, is it cuz i was so young + younger looking?, is it maybe about feeling like shes doing something illegal? although i'm pretty witty in person, i had her in tears
Older women like younger men. They have more stamina. :wink:
baah, shove it up your ass old man!, where are you playing your MTT's?I'm gonna try out fulltilt, i deposited on there finally
I played three on FCP this last week and one on UB....Hot streak going...I even finished 4th in the strip joint MTT I play in...out of 28 players....tonight...the god damn strippers took at least a C-note from me after the tourney...but what can I say....I am a sucker for naked women....

Three things.First and most important. Where is the black and white "thumb in the bum" avatar? Just sayin...Second, I'm sure that you have seen this...http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1480.htmlThird, Elisha Cuthbert will be on Loveline tomorrow night. It's on from 8pm - 10pm Mountain, on a local radio station. I know you are from Canada, but maybe you could find an internet radio hookup. Also, Loveline is a call-in advice show that is geared to the teen / young adult demographic. But, I'm sure she will dispell some tidbits. Sorry to hijack your thread, but I did it for you.

Three things.First and most important. Where is the black and white "thumb in the bum" avatar? Just sayin...Second, I'm sure that you have seen this...http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1480.htmlThird, Elisha Cuthbert will be on Loveline tomorrow night. It's on from 8pm - 10pm Mountain, on a local radio station. I know you are from Canada, but maybe you could find an internet radio hookup. Also, Loveline is a call-in advice show that is geared to the teen / young adult demographic. But, I'm sure she will dispell some tidbits.  Sorry to hijack your thread, but I did it for you.
someone needs to call in and mention fullcontactpoker Royal_Tour, 705-727-2466 any time during the day, i like fast cars and her.
I want residuals on the blog title.I like your play, but I woulda done it differently.I can't think of anything else.
I like ur sig Ron did you lose a bet to Kowboy Koop
I want residuals on the blog title.I like your play, but I woulda done it differently.I can't think of anything else.
Yup,TX vs. USCGuess who I had
Yup,TX vs. USCGuess who I had
Wow man thats a painful punishment. How long? (The punishment I already know your a thick ass 5")
Its my secret "in honor of you" I wont take credit, i love the just serious liners, they make my mornings, baah baah baah, i'm lovin it.i also hate mcdonalds.

Krup,February 5th it's over.Royal,I have a good mind to start Ron Mexico's blog but in no way shape or form do I want someone Googling my real name and there I am talking about how I banged a Phillipino hooker that turned out to be a man, and how I still liked it. That, and any girl you are seeing finds out about the blog, then she reads it. Instant indictment.That, and I'd feel pretentious, I don't really believe anyone would want to read about my life. (you know I don't believe that, j/k)And copyright, if you come up with something good, someone could steal it and use it to make a profit. We all know what a comedic genius I am.