better to go for overcalls?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP3 with [Ad], [Td]. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.Flop: (9.50 SB) [As], [6c], [2d] (4 players)UTG+1 bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Turn: (8.75 BB) [Th] (4 players)UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.River: (12.75 BB) [5s] (4 players)UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, MP2 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Final Pot: 15.75 BBI was fairly certain my hand was good once I hit my 2 pair, but going for overcalls in this spot felt like the best play. Don't want worse hands folding, and don't want to go to battle with MP1 in case he flopped a set.Anyone play this differently? Flop cold call too loose?

This is bad.You call 2 cold on the flop when you don't have the odds, then you don't raise when you end up ahead. Plus there's only one person behind you. The 2 players in front of you like their hand. Raise the turn.

What he said above. YOu said you dont want to do battle with MP1, you have top two. GO TO BATTLE. You will be raking in the pot much more often then you'll be running into a flopped set. Raise raise raise the turn. This is 2/4. Don't worry about going for overcalls, go for value.

I think he what he means is 'often enough to fold'.You need to raise the turn (if you make it that far).You're trying to get one bet from an overcall (which you may not even get) at the expense of missing out on two bets; one from each of the players behind. You may even get the guy in between calling two cold, in which case you miss out on 3 bets. Or who knows, maybe even 3bet by a worse hand. You're ahead of everyone the vast majority of the time by the turn and calling misses a lot of value.If there were 4 people lef t to act after you, and no callers in between (and no draws to speak of, as is the case here), then maybe you could consider calling.

Just to kinda echo what everyone else said. The flop is close, but I think I lean towards calling here, at least in part because of the backdoor flush draw, but it's every close and may even be a fold.However, once you call the flop, it's imperative that you raise this turn. You've hit the best possible card in the deck and you need to extract as much as you possibly can, especially since the flop was so close and you may not have had immediate odds on the call.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like both the flop call and going for overcalls were wrong. I had my doubts playing this hand...FWIW, I called the flop because with no aggression shown PF, it seemed like a weaker ace could raise before me, and there are plenty of hands the initial bettor could have that would bet out. Bad way to look at it?