folding trips on the turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP3 with [5h], [Ah]. 4 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (4 SB) [As], [7d], [Ad] (4 players)SB bets, BB calls, Hero calls, CO folds.Turn: (3.50 BB) [Jd] (3 players)SB bets, Hero foldsLooks like I was going for a c/r on the turn, then felt like my hand wasn't good enough. Didn't want to be caught in a raising war in this spot.

Don't limp with A5 suited, if you're going to play it, raise it. Otherwise fold it. If you had raised PF, you'd have a better idea of where your at. Also, the flop is probably a raise. I doubt the sb is firing the turn without an Ace, no sense waiting for the turn to raise hands like this, make draws pay and find out early if your being dominated by a better Ace. On the turn, it looks like your beat here on the turn so a folds not bad considering you probably need to hit a 3 outer to win the pot or could be drawing dead or a chop already.

Why raise the flop? We have position. If a non-diamond had hit on the turn then we could raise the turn and force the guy drawing the flush to pay an extra big bet.Well a diamond did hit on the turn, and I would not fold. I'm more likely to believe that someone hit the flush rather than one of them has the last Ace. Not sure if to raise there or just call though. I would raise a set, but this different since there is the small possibility of drawing dead.Oh, and why should we raise A5 suited preflop? Is it because of our position and we are first to open? I just about never raise that hand.

Raising A5 suited is better than limping in with it, I'm not sure raising with it is all that great either, but it could be good depending on the table conditions, such as whether the table has been tight, if the blinds are weak players or not.You raise the flop because it's hard to imagine anyone betting the turn without an Ace and if they have an Ace, your almost certainly going to have kicker problems. It's better to find out early when your behind for hands like this rather than pouring in extra bets on the turn when your behind.

from the Hi jack and first in, as this case, raise. We take down the blinds occiasionally and someitimse with our continuation bet.usually this is a limping hand though. SSHE has various examples were A-rag suited is almost always a limp from MP and with other limpers.

Don't limp with A5 suited, if you're going to play it, raise it. Otherwise fold it. If you had raised PF, you'd have a better idea of where your at. What?Why, because the BB was going to fold for one bet something he ends up raising this turn with??good luck.

Don't limp with A5 suited, if you're going to play it, raise it. Otherwise fold it. If you had raised PF, you'd have a better idea of where your at. What?Why, because the BB was going to fold for one bet something he ends up raising this turn with??good luck.
Well, who knows what the SB or BB has here? Who's to say he doesn't fold AX, 39 of diamonds or whatever PF to a raise? Just because he was able to hit the flop with an Ace or diamonds doesn't mean he wouldn't have folded to a PF raise.What I should have said is this hand probably plays out a bit different if the OP had raised PF. He'd also be more in control of the hand and likely have a better idea of where he is in the hand.

Maybe because I'm in the HJ I should've open-raised this. For the record, the SB's VPIP after 70 hands was 20% and the BB's VPIP after 43 hands was 67%. I wasn't expecting a high chance of taking down the blinds PF, so I would rather encourage calls from the CO and/or button with A5s.Any position before the HJ, though, and I never open-raise with this hand in this spot. Is that wrong?A related question: With a hand like A5s with loose blinds, would you tend to open-raise in later position to push a small edge knowing you're going to get called? Say SB and BB are over 30% VPIP. Is that a reason to open-limp, say in the HJ?

If I'm first into the pot, I need a really good reason to limp in rather than raise. I don't want to play a hand that can't face a raise after me, and if it's that good why not raise first and possibly take the blinds?Given the preflop action, I think a raise on the flop is mandatory. The Draws Must Pay. I don't like the turn laydown, but I don't like calling here either. You're drawing to six outs to fill up. If you had raised before the flop and retained the aggression on the flop, you wouldn't be in this mess; you could bet and call no more than one raise and get the right price to see the river card.Given that you dogged your hand before the flop and dogged the flop, I think you have to fold the turn.

Given the preflop action, I think a raise on the flop is mandatory. The Draws Must Pay.
PF action is less important than the flop. You have to raise the flop. You probably have the best hand, the draws have to pay, and you find out if someone has an Ace, as jayboogie wrote. You also have a slim possibility of fold A6 or 7, but that would be much easier had you raised PF.

If we would have raised preflop raising the flop would be more important. As is, the pot is small and we could earn a few by playing it slow. Raising the flop *might* be better, but im not sure by how much.I dont think we should be folding the turn, though. The original bettor never has the ace, the raiser could have the flush and we have outs against it, or he could have an ace we have chop outs against and even 99 trying to make a play. I would definately show this down.