instant reads on fishies online

What techniques have u guys devised for quickly spotting fish online?I have come up with a few that I think are fairly reliable:They sit down with the table minimumThey sit down with an uneven stack (Which I presume to be the end of their account balance?!) i.e $104.63 (That is unless it balances out to a different conversion $177.69 = £100They 'post the BB before it's round to them. I have seen ppl sit down and post the BB UTG when they will have to pay it again next hand and then the SB. They do the above, and either raise to show 'I won't be pushed around' or won't fold for the same reason.They reload the minimum buy inThey write nh when u beat them with a pair of 4s Ace high, I can understand nice read or good call, but a pair of 4s is not a nice hand!They call a large pre flop raise, Ace comes on board with a K or Q, they call down to the river and muck...They justify their plays with incorrect understanding, babbling on about 'Pot odds' I had a guy tell me he was getting 2:1 odds on a call with 78os when it was closer to 5:1...What are your opinions on these and do you have any other thoughts?

They justify their plays with incorrect understanding, babbling on about 'Pot odds' I had a guy tell me he was getting 2:1 odds on a call with 78os when it was closer to 5:1...
getting 5:1 pot odds is better than 2:1, am I missing something here.Also posting before the BB comes to you doesn't mean anything, I wouldn't do it UTG but doing it in EP is certainly not "fishy"I think people are usually fish when they say " have you heard the new NOFX album" 8)

I pokertrack like a mofo...lolI never sit at a table without it...as a matter of fact it runs 16 tables at night while i sleep and during the day while i work lol.I HIGHLY recommend datamining if your a serious online player. I never used to datamine, only used it while i was playing. The Difference is insane.Oh and watch out for Hoosier...he's got some pretty decent stats on my Poker Tracker :wink:

I pokertrack like a mofo...lolI never sit at a table without it...as a matter of fact it runs 16 tables at night while i sleep and during the day while i work lol.I HIGHLY recommend datamining if your a serious online player. I never used to datamine, only used it while i was playing. The Difference is insane.Oh and watch out for Hoosier...he's got some pretty decent stats on my Poker Tracker :wink:
I switched Party names a looooong time ago :-)

Question about Poker Tracker. It seems it is probably most useful for ring games. I play mostly tournaments. Is it worth it for a tourney player?

I think the early posting tell is position dependant. Like the OP said, if they post from UTG, obviously they are retarded. On the other hand, I don't think posting in the CO is a big deal. The uneven stack one is one of my favorites, especially when they buy in for 10 BBs or less.

Regarding early posting: I often say to my newb friends "what you do before the flop in NL is not that important and that is super true in fishy games such as 25 NL to 100 NL. I have actually tried to have 85% VPIP in 25NL and ran a great profit over 2000 hands (yeah no sample size but anyway). THe players are so bad that you can play whatever you want preflop.

When I play NL hold'em, I usually always just post no matter what position, even UTG. I don't care but I realize how bad that is in limit hold'em so I don't do that when I play limit hold'em.
Yeah, I do that too. The coolest thing about online poker is the ability to conveniently play 2 hour sessions (or whatever).I am usually not playing long enough to wait 10 minutes (8% of my time) for the big blind to hit me IMO.

As far as buy in goes, I will sometimes buy in for odd amounts either to round my $ off, or give the impression that I am almost broke.Not sure if anyone else does this, could just be me, but I wouldn't read a lot into it.

I tend to buy-in for the minimum (not all the time, but most though)...but my main reason is whenever I go all-in with so little cash, people with higher stacks will just call because it doesn't put a big dent in their stacks, so I usually double up a few times.

When I play NL hold'em, I usually always just post no matter what position, even UTG. I don't care but I realize how bad that is in limit hold'em so I don't do that when I play limit hold'em.
Yeah, I do that too. The coolest thing about online poker is the ability to conveniently play 2 hour sessions (or whatever).I am usually not playing long enough to wait 10 minutes (8% of my time) for the big blind to hit me IMO.
i post the blind out of position every time in a shorthanded game because when i sit down i want to appear to be a very loose player. i don't use this at all in a ring game because i don't think people notice it as much. my 2 cents.
Question about Poker Tracker. It seems it is probably most useful for ring games. I play mostly tournaments. Is it worth it for a tourney player?
If you use PokerAce HUD with it (www.pokeracesoftware.com), it will overlay the stats for your tourney opponents on your table.Which has come in handy for me a lot lately.