I recently have started playing some NL cash games. The site that I play on is fairly new, and I have been playing mostly shorthanded. 6 ppl max. I am at the 50 cent/ 1$ tables and after 4 days have mostly broken even. I think I am playing too conservative, as every time I raise, I might get one caller and they either bet into me, or check and fold to me. I know this image is not a good one to have, so I am looking for some tips on how to become a better shorthanded ring game player. thnx.

and yes I do come in with a raise often, my trouble is, when I miss (and I know this is 70% of the time for everyone shorthanded) that they are betting right into me. Now they are either hitting their flops every time, or they are making plays at me expecting me to back down. Is there anyone who can help me out with this issue?

Your game is probable better in a ring game. Thats pretty much by the book games. However short handed you need to losen up some and do the raising with the not so quite premium hands. If you don't feel comforatble loosening up then sit in a 9 seater.

I think the reason why you are finding that you are getting played at when you miss your flop is because of your table image. By the sounds of it you sound like the type of person that only raises with "top ten" hands. This makes you predictable as to the type of hands that you play. You have to remember that 6-handed it is a lot easier to keep track of how your opponent plays so I'm going to assume that you're getting shot on flops like :clubs2: :hearts4: :spades7: or something similar. What I suggest doing is to loosen up your starting hands a little bit because you also have to remember that the blinds come around a lot quicker so if you're a tight player you will lose a lot more at these games then you will at a 10 seated game. I also suggest that you might want to make a few plays on flops like the ones above, such as if an opponent in EP bets into you with a flop like that, try raising and find out how he reacts, if you're a tight and passive player he might put you on an overpair and fold the hand even if he hit a seven.

a tight image isnt so bad if u know how to use it. Just use bluffs at the occasional large pot where they will respect your image and your results should improve. Don't try to bluff too much tho, if u dont feel comfortable with it.

a tight image isnt so bad if u know how to use it. Just use bluffs at the occasional large pot where they will respect your image and your results should improve. Don't try to bluff too much tho, if u dont feel comfortable with it.
Also if you bluff too much your image will change, you have to use it selectively and against good players and not call stations.

in short handed ring games the key thing it aggression. Its always good to be aggressive. If your consurvative in a shorthanded game you will get eather blinded to death or eating alive.