live omaha 8 = atm

I must say though... Ben, the guys down on my end of the table were getting super pissed at your raises, it was pretty funny.
Kurt, +167. I must say, I think I had the perfect table image. At first I played very tight, then I switched gears a bit and loosened up. Then once everyone saw me show down some marginal hands I switched back up to playing tight, and it worked quite nicely for me.I wasn't playing junk, I was just playing very marginal raising hands. The one I was proudest of was when I raised from the cutoff w/ J :club: 10 :D and made my straight on the turn. On the K8 hand There was only 1 limper to me, so I wanted to apply some pressure on the BB (he was a bad player). Up to this point I had not played my sb once, so IF they were paying attention, I'd think they would have to give me credit for something. I ended up getting really lucky to flop 2 pair, but the fact that he called/raised me all the way down w/ KQ was funny.Kurt, the guy when I first sat down who was on your left was the worst calling station ever. And the guy 2 to your left (the fat ugly guy) never saw an Ace he didn't play. He was calling raises on a board of AKQQ with A3. That guy had NOTHING to complain about.I was disappointed they weren't spreading Omaha, but 5/10 hold'Em worked...
Agreed... That guy 2 to my left was raising liberally for sure. I took a big pot off him right when I sat down with 10's, when I hit a runner runner straight. Then did the same thing to someone else with A10 later on. But after that I went super cold. I had so many weak aces I had to fold it was horrible, although there weren't many folds that I wish I stayed with. So that's always good.You're right about your image, they thought you were horrible, it was funny. Although I hated the way you played those 3's, lol. Oh, I just remembered the guy on my left... Yeah, he was just drunk I think, and he'd been there like 24 hours I think. But he sure blew through his money pretty quick at the end there. I thought the game had a nice weakness too it, but I never got any action, well, except when I continuation bet w/ nothing. But I quit doing that towards the end, cause too many people were calling with bottom pair. I loved that black guy though... He had his cards just written on his face. Every time someone raises, he pains and pains and then calls, lol. Then folds the river.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated the way you played those 3's
Yeah, I played those terribly. I really didn't think that guy had to have anything, but I guess I should have known he wouldn't fold. He did call my capping w/ Q8, w/ the 8s being like 2nd or 3rd pair on the board, so I guess I gave him too much credit to actually be able to fold a weak hand.
I hated the way you played those 3's
Yeah, I played those terribly. I really didn't think that guy had to have anything, but I guess I should have known he wouldn't fold. He did call my capping w/ Q8, w/ the 8s being like 2nd or 3rd pair on the board, so I guess I gave him too much credit to actually be able to fold a weak hand.
True on all accounts. But... It did help the image again, lol.