is it possible to win without cards, loose table?

I've been holding my own in freezeout nlh tourneys lately. I consider myself an average to above average player.With the group I play with there are 2-3 of us who "respect" each other, which is cool since afterwards we love to discuss hands, etc.But, we have been running into situations where we play with people who are very loose and agressive. And, I hate to say it, but "lucky!"In one tournament AA were cracked 4 out of 5 times by hands like K6os with trips, two pair, etc. A raise of at least 5xbb preflop as well, so it's not like we weren't trying to push out the garbage.I know in the long run I will win, but these types of games are frustrating! I even called a guy all in (I was Chip Leader) when I had rockets. He flips over KQos.. whew I thought. Until he hit quad Qs.. lol!Anyhow, what strategies do you use for playing tables of 8 or so where at least 5 of them seem to play everything, call every raise, and just have a streak of luck that won't stop? So far the best advice has been "wait for the next game".. :club:

Oh this is an easy one:You can't play tricky with guys like these they're there to gamble. You're there to win money. Luck comes and goes but good play wins forever. You need to tighten up, make your decisions easy. Some games you can be open raising with KJ other games your throwing that away on the button to a double the blind because it's only going to get you in trouble.Make some sense?

Exactly what I did. Just remember, I said without cards. So even on anything you play or didn't play, you made nothing.. :)I tried everything in the book for 5 games... Everyone just played everything. One guy kept playing and made 4-5 gut shot straights on the river... this is the same guy that played Q2os through a hand without a pair, draw, or anything on the river. lol...I think if the buy in was $20 instead of $5 it may have made difference. The good thing is I did placed 3rd every game out of 8... lol

Exactly what I did. Just remember, I said without cards. So even on anything you play or didn't play, you made nothing.. :)I tried everything in the book for 5 games... Everyone just played everything. One guy kept playing and made 4-5 gut shot straights on the river... this is the same guy that played Q2os through a hand without a pair, draw, or anything on the river. lol...I think if the buy in was $20 instead of $5 it may have made difference. The good thing is I did placed 3rd every game out of 8... lol
The only thing I can say without cards is to do this:You don't play a single hand unless you are on the button and everyone folds to you. Then you raise 4xBB and watch the blinds fold to you all night. Then you keep folding, folding, folding, folding, folding, then you fold some more, then you raise 4xBB on the button and steal the blinds. Then you fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, and raise 4xBB. Seriously they have to show you some kind of respect sometime. Just tell them, before the game, I'm playing straight up tonight boys! Then make them think everytime you raise your playing with a decent hand. If a good flop comes and it's not tricky or scary bet the damn flop. Hope he folds. If not, you just keep checking and playing like a rock. You don't need cards to play this way.The goal is to make everyone at the table "think" you are playing awesome hands! Although we all know your just folding you Q2, 85, 74, then you raise on the button with 910, no great hand, but you havn't played anything all night so they are going to think you are holding something better than you are.I don't know I over-explained it I think. This type of game comes second nature to me because I play so many NLHE tournaments with donkeys like the guys your playing with, just trash pushers.

Cool. Thanks for the replies.That is what I was doing. Raising with good hands, betting flops, but I think these guys weren't playing as serious as I was. I mean, if one of them got an A, you knew it... it was so obvious. Especially if one showed up on the turn or river.Unfortunatley none of the times their cards would hit did I have anything worth playing. I didn't even have to pay to see their cards... They loved showing their "awesome hands" and "awesome plays" chasing that K or A or Q to the river. I learned they were all having a good time, playing every hand, and realized that I should start having fun too... but I also wanted to win. :club:

To answer the question in the subject line:Yes, but it's a lot easier with cards, and you'll need cards to break the game."Wait for the next game" is terrible advice.I think the best advice in 25 words or less are:Get your big money in on sets, straights, and flushes. Be careful pushing one pair too hard, especially out of position.

I think the best advice in 25 words or less are:Get your big money in on sets, straights, and flushes. Be careful pushing one pair too hard, especially out of position.
But then you're "getting cards". :club:
I've been holding my own in freezeout nlh tourneys lately. I consider myself an average to above average player.With the group I play with there are 2-3 of us who "respect" each other, which is cool since afterwards we love to discuss hands, etc.But, we have been running into situations where we play with people who are very loose and agressive. And, I hate to say it, but "lucky!"In one tournament AA were cracked 4 out of 5 times by hands like K6os with trips, two pair, etc. A raise of at least 5xbb preflop as well, so it's not like we weren't trying to push out the garbage.I know in the long run I will win, but these types of games are frustrating! I even called a guy all in (I was Chip Leader) when I had rockets. He flips over KQos.. whew I thought. Until he hit quad Qs.. lol!Anyhow, what strategies do you use for playing tables of 8 or so where at least 5 of them seem to play everything, call every raise, and just have a streak of luck that won't stop? So far the best advice has been "wait for the next game".. :club:
I'll play TAG and mix in a little LAG every so often. If you're playing sit n go's, and all the people play too many hands and go too far with them, you can usually make it down to the final 3 or 4 just by folding. Heh. Then you'll obviously need to switch to LAG and push with your good hands.
whoa i just noticed your screen namei thought you "done changed your name to scratch."
LOL! I get a couple on PS that recognize the name too. Not many, but it's cool when they do know what it's from."I'm giving you all the magic I got!"
whoa i just noticed your screen namei thought you "done changed your name to scratch."
LOL! I get a couple on PS that recognize the name too. Not many, but it's cool when they do know what it's from."I'm giving you all the magic I got!"
"how 'bout you? CHICKENBOY!"