"Negreanu is generous with praise when he feels other poker players deserve it. He has cited Jennifer Harman and Phil Ivey as two of the players he admires. Negreanu has also volunteered to foot the $80,000 bill for his friend Ivey, whom he was staking, when Ivey was interned in a rehabilitation center for drug abuse. Daniel Negreanu pronounces his last name "Ne-grah-new," but is not bothered by other pronunciations. He is currently residing in Las Vegas with his wife."from http://www.poker-player-profiles.com/danie...iel-negreanu/...does anyone know if this is true and if so what drug it was or when it was?

That post is a flat out lie.Phil Ivey dosen't need to be staked.Phil Ivey dosen't have a drug problem.I think daniel paid for Layne Flack to enter rehab for his drinking problems, and paid for it, but it wasn't Ivey.

That post is a flat out lie.Phil Ivey dosen't need to be staked.Phil Ivey dosen't have a drug problem.I think daniel paid for Layne Flack to enter rehab for his drinking problems, and paid for it, but it wasn't Ivey.
Correct on all counts and basically explains everything.Ivey probly has the biggest bankroll out of anyone in poker. I mean talk about a guy who decimates people at every limit and plays a TON of poker. Dudes rich, well known, and could easily be the new face of poker, instead....he just makes money playing poker 70 hrs a week.....Pretty much the opposite of our boy DN as far as poker / business ventures recently
"Negreanu is generous with praise when he feels other poker players deserve it. He has cited Jennifer Harman and Phil Ivey as two of the players he admires. Negreanu has also volunteered to foot the $80,000 bill for his friend Ivey, whom he was staking, when Ivey was interned in a rehabilitation center for drug abuse. Daniel Negreanu pronounces his last name "Ne-grah-new," but is not bothered by other pronunciations. He is currently residing in Las Vegas with his wife."from http://www.poker-player-profiles.com/danie...iel-negreanu/...does anyone know if this is true and if so what drug it was or when it was?
Soooo, what is your point. I dont understand??? You have a problem with how DN says his name????
Yeah, but Layne Flack is a nice white guy from montana, he'd never do drugs..But a black guy from jersey? Yep, that's right, I played the race card.
Ok, you played the race card. Happy for you.

The latter website, however, features his controversial blog. Besides his sunny personality, Negreanu is also known for alcohol abuse - a reputation he has been struggling against. And on his blog, he makes some comments regarding some things he was accused of having done while under the influence.these people need a life...!!

Yeah, but Layne Flack is a nice white guy from montana, he'd never do drugs..But a black guy from jersey?  Yep, that's right, I played the race card.
dang fool, harsh