serious question about on line poker play

I have been playing on FT and am new to the online poker sites. I have been reading posts at FCP for many months and when I ask a question you have been very kind in helping me. Have any of you experienced the following problem... You work on your game by playing position, cards and players. However, it never fails that had you stayed on the 72o or the 93o you would have boated every time. When you play and raise the pair of A's someone always beats you with the referrenced hands. I guess I could go play higher limits, however, don't have the money for that. Is this just a run of bad luck? I am very serious becasue I am getting frustrated. Please tell me what you do to remind yourself not to be a donk.

I have been playing on FT and am new to the online poker sites. I have been reading posts at FCP for many months and when I ask a question you have been very kind in helping me. Have any of you experienced the following problem... You work on your game by playing position, cards and players. However, it never fails that had you stayed on the 72o or the 93o you would have boated every time. When you play and raise the pair of A's someone always beats you with the referrenced hands. I guess I could go play higher limits, however, don't have the money for that. Is this just a run of bad luck? I am very serious becasue I am getting frustrated. Please tell me what you do to remind yourself not to be a donk.
play 20,000 hands and you will stop caring

Step 1: Play higher limits to reduce bad beats.Step 2: Play aforementioned cards and boat every time with them. Step 3: Tell me what site you play on and your screen name.Step 4: TP/MMStep 5: Turn poor/Donate millions to turd ferguson by playing inferior hands preflop.

Once, you play many many hands, you've seen about everything and you keep your composure.
Once, you used too many commas in unnecessary places, thus creating a very confusing sentence.

Ict2caneff,These freak boats from crap hands will stop happening...most likely very soon. It isn't wierd software, online poker isn't rigged, and you don't have very unusual luck. It's just something that happens occasionally in poker. DO NOT change your game in any way. As soon as you do those hands will stop hitting and you'll get even more annoyed. What keeps me from tilting and playing like a donk after these situations is repeating the following mantra:All I can do is make the right decision every time.All I can do is make the right decision every time.All I can do is make the right decision every time.All I can do is make the right decision every time.All I can do is make the right decision every time.It's true. No matter what your luck is like in the short term, in the long run if you make more correct decisions than your opponents you will win money.

Ict2caneff,These freak boats from crap hands will stop happening...most likely very soon. It isn't wierd software, online poker isn't rigged, and you don't have very unusual luck. It's just something that happens occasionally in poker. DO NOT change your game in any way. As soon as you do those hands will stop hitting and you'll get even more annoyed. What keeps me from tilting and playing like a donk after these situations is repeating the following mantra:Play great poker. Play great poker. Play great poker. Play great poker. Play great poker. It's true. No matter what your luck is like in the short term, in the long run if you make more correct decisions than your opponents you will win money.
FYP
Ict2caneff,These freak boats from crap hands will stop happening...most likely very soon. It isn't wierd software, online poker isn't rigged, and you don't have very unusual luck. It's just something that happens occasionally in poker. DO NOT change your game in any way. As soon as you do those hands will stop hitting and you'll get even more annoyed. What keeps me from tilting and playing like a donk after these situations is repeating the following mantra:Play perfect poker. Play perfect poker. Play perfect poker. Play perfect poker. Play perfect poker. It's true. No matter what your luck is like in the short term, in the long run if you make more correct decisions than your opponents you will win money.
FYP
FYFYP
Once, you play many many hands, you've seen about everything and you keep your composure.
Once, you used too many commas in unnecessary places, thus creating a very confusing sentence.
Once, I beat a guy with his own shoe for pointing out my typos...
If you're referencing the fact that you have simply done something rather than having done it only one time, you should really say "I once beat a guy with his own shoe for pointing out my typos." The ellipse at the end is also unnecessary, as you finished your thought, and the story doesn't appear to go anywhere.
Are you Mike Milbury?
If you're referencing the fact that you have simply done something rather than having done it only one time, you should really say "I once beat a guy with his own shoe for pointing out my typos." The ellipse at the end is also unnecessary, as you finished your thought, and the story doesn't appear to go anywhere.
As long as we're being picky about things here, it's called an ellipSIS, you anal retentive grammarian ass.
Did you not happen to notice the structure of the other sentences? For a genius of your caliber, it should be obvious that I was trying to follow those in a joke. Also, I can use an ellipsis, or an ellipse as your genius self calls them, any damn time I feel like it. Ellipse is a math term, incase you spent all your time critiquing english in college instead of going to math class. And my thought isn't finished because I was implying a threat. I once beat a nerd with his own english book for being a queer...
As long as we're being picky about things here, it's called an ellipSIS, you anal retentive grammarian ass.
Amen.
Are you Mike Milbury?
No, I'm Dreamclown

I just can't win. Maybe it's pue bad luck or the fact that i get bored and move up limits tooo soon. Not sure. But I tend to run up a $50 deposit to 2-300 and then lose it all. This has happened 5-6 times in past year!!!Yeah - I know- take some wiinings off the table....but I find I just keep getting suckouts losing my kk or qq to a guy who hits his flush or makes a set of 2s on the river!!!Just need to vent!!!Also - I work 60 hour weeks for a living so not much time leftover for Poker...so playing like 1 hour sessions maybe 3x aweek.....so tough to get into a groove.Any thoughts?

I find that when a superior hand like AA gets cracked, looking back at everytime it holds up and makes me a lot of money does wonders for my mindset.I also wish we would have an ocassional post along the lines of:"Hey, the other day I was dealt AA UTG and raised it 6x the BB. After a flop of A K x, someone moved All in with their AK and I smoked their a$$." But I realize these types of posts are no fun and would quickly die, since the flame worthiness is so low.

The truth is those of us that have played intently for years know that bad cards you hold would have held up occasionaly. What is yet to be explained though, is the multi-tabling phenonemon of this.If you are dealt 23o on one table, the opposite one you are playing will instantly pop up with a flop of 233. Q6, yep flop of Q66. Obviously random number generators have developed a sense of humor over their evolution.

Here's something to remind yourself of. When most pros want to go to another game to make money, they move DOWN in limits and play against the players who are more likely to try to suck out on them or call them down with weak hands. This stuff of moving up in limits to protect your money is crazy.The key is to accept the bad beats as part of the game. It's just how the cards work. But you still need to play your hands strong, even though you know they're going to get beat every now and then. The worst thing you can do is start playing weaker because you expect to lose.