best line ever any league not olympics

I would like to say the hound line as an old school leaf fan but I have to go with Bure Federov and Mogilny, these three playing together on the 1989 world jrs was insane. Close second KLM, Messier Gretzky Kurri and Lemiex jagr francis. Hab fans need not respond.

I saw a game once when the Avs were trailing 4-0 with less than 10 minutes left and they put together Forsberg-Sakic-Fleury... Was really impressive and the scored 3 quick goals...But for the best line, I have to go with the Nordiques first line in the late 80's. Joe Sakic - Mike Hough and the late Stephane Morin... :wink:

All I care about is Detroit...Fedorov Kozlov Larionov (w/ Konstantinov and Fetisov on D)Zetterberg Datsyuk ShanahanMorrison Naslund Bertuzzi (when it's clicking)Maltby Draper McCarty (great penalty killing/grind)

The Legion of Doom was unstoppable for a brief period of time. The Legion of Doom, for those of you who may not remember (please dear god there can't be anyone here that young) was John Leclair, Eric Lindros and Mikael Renberg.

Good call on the Legion of Doom line. They were unbelievable for a stretch. They used to abuse my NYR.
They lost a lot of their mojo when Lidstrom and Larry Murphy (of all people) shut them down in the 98 finals. Before then they were beasts among men.*Edit - I get half wood just thinking about the Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi line in the 2002-2003 season.
The Legion of Doom was unstoppable for a brief period of time.  The Legion of Doom, for those of you who may not remember (please dear god there can't be anyone here that young) was John Leclair, Eric Lindros and Mikael Renberg.
LOL...yeah it wasn't that long ago. That was a crazy line. Very good.I can't remember the exact combinations they had, but what about Lemieux, Jagr, Francis? Or whoever else was there...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't remember who else was on the line but Gretzky and Lemieux in the Canada Cup in 1987 (i think) comes to my mind as the best combo ever. Both players hitting their prime and put together, unbelievable!!! The goal Lemieux scored against the USSR on a pass from Gretzky was my all time favorite goal scored ever. Also the combo of Naslund, Forsberg and Niklas Sundstrom in the World Juniors in 1993 was unstoppable.Nate[/i]

Triple Crown Line:Marcel Dionne, Charlie Simmer, Dave Taylor - still the only line to have 100 points each.Also - the three Stastny's were pretty potent for Quebec in the early 80's.From the early 90's Penguins - The Option Line:John Cullen, Mark Recchi, Kevin Stevens - they lit it up and were all in the option year of their contracts...they benefited greatly from teams concentrating on Lemieux/Jagr/Francis.And then, never forget the Hansen Brothers.

It's not the best line ever by a LONG shot, but in terms of the Jets/Coyotes, Tkachuk/Roenick/Doan was pretty decent when Doan was first a rookie.I like the Sakic/Hough/Morin line from earlier though. NH.

For some reason, after reading the title, I was thinking it you be funny things commentators have said. I had the pittsburgh commentator from 1992 game 4 of the cup finals, "Jagr beat Domonick like a rented mule!" all lined up. That having been said, Daniel's right, any line with Mario and Jagr is sweet.

Didin't the Oilers put Gretzky, Messier and Kurri on the same line at times? I mean, come on, that's a hawt line.Lots of other ones, but my memory is fuzzy on who played with who...

lefty did you know Al Secord is a commercial airline pilot now. At least thats what I heard. Great 80's line that was the play maker (savard) the shooter (Larmer) and the garbage man and grinder (secord).

lefty did you know Al Secord is a commercial airline pilot now. At least thats what I heard. Great 80's line that was the play maker (savard) the shooter (Larmer) and the garbage man and grinder (secord).
A garbage man and grinder that scored 54 goals one season....nice!
I don't remember who else was on the line but Gretzky and Lemieux in the Canada Cup in 1987 (i think) comes to my mind as the best combo ever. Both players hitting their prime and put together, unbelievable!!! The goal Lemieux scored against the USSR on a pass from Gretzky was my all time favorite goal scored ever. Also the combo of Naslund, Forsberg and Niklas Sundstrom in the World Juniors in 1993 was unstoppable.Nate[/i]
I think Dale Hawerchuck was on the line with them in the 87 cup. 3 great games with USSR. Fetisov, Kasatonov, Bykov, Kamensky, Lomakin, Makarov, Larionov, Krutov, Balderis, Nemchinov - anyone remember others from that team?Gretzky, Messier, Lemieux, D. Savard, Hawerchuck, Anderson, Coffey, J. Patrick, Bourque, Fuhr, Propp, L. Murphy, Gartner, Tocchet, Goulet, Gilmour... man o man - so many great players