greatest rapper ever?

don't think anybody's mentioned Masta Ace  been around for a long time, been doing his semi-underground thing for a few years, and still one of the best.mastaace~~~_disposabl_101b.jpg
great storyteller, i also enjoyed a long hot summerspeaking of storytellers The Great Adventures of Slick Rick has to be up there.......the origional Ladi Dadi
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Debate..RakimB000002O75.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
DING DING DING We have a winner, Don pardo, tell the m an what he's won.
Hey hold up there Avsfan hater. You do Know who the R is, right? So What does avsfan win then? :lol:
You win a nice hot cup of shut the hell up!!I'm mad you had nothing to contribute to the fu ck bigdmcgee thread!

Whoever thinks dre is a good MC should be shot. His verses have always been ghost written. Chronic 2001 all his verses were written by Em. No doubt he is a great producer. LL should be in any top 10 IMO as should the wu tang as a collective. Big L was one of the greatest freestyle Mcs ever. I used to like Jigga before he slowed down and basically stole nas' style. Anyway here is my list of fave Mc's in no particular order.1. KRS-ONE and boogie down productions. Anyone listen to criminal minded and tell me that KRS isn't a lyrical genius.2. LL Cool J- Murdered Kool Moe Dee on Jack The Ripper and Canibus on the ripper strikes back. Did end up going mainstream and fell off of majorly.3. Nas- Illmatic and Stillmatic. Do I need to say any more4.Eric B and Rakim- Paid In Full possibly best album ever5. Biggie- Never did a bad track IMO. Other notables include:The GameBig LRoyce da 5'9Eminem-before he went popSticky FingazWestside ConnectionL.O.X.DMXObie TriceDogg Pound2pac50 cent before he fell off and did the massacreBig PunAll of TS including remy ma

Whoever thinks dre is a good MC should be shot. His verses have always been ghost written. Chronic 2001 all his verses were written by Em. No doubt he is a great producer.
Even though he doesn't write, Dre flows well, and flow is pretty important in hip hop as well. I'm not saying he's the greatest MC ever, but he's got a distinct voice, and his albums are always good.