• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

My life coach gave me her LA Phil tickets last night. Ravel, and a commission. The commission was in maybe six movements with Tom Finley singing and some multi media elements. Not good.

Jean Yves Thibaudet played that piano piece that was composed for the one armed guy. It was good--I wonder if Jean Yves is who Liberace might have been.

they closed with Bolero which was fantastic. It's one of those pieces everyone knows, and I've heard performed before. LA Phil has programming that isn't that exciting to me, but they might be best North American orchestra right now.

• 1 month later...

Portugal. The Man

When It's Complicated Being a Wizard came out, I assumed the title was a Klan reference. I've since read it's a Michael Jordan reference.

• Like 1

What kind of odds can I get that in 2 years time, I can go from having no techno background to charting at least 1 single in the Techno Top 100?

I knew you were going to call me out on that. If I was Vegas I would put it at least 1000 to 1 against. There are quite a unknowns to make it much higher.

Vampyros Lesbos soundtrack, an oldie but a goodie. It's funky as hell and made the socially inept kid at work nervous. (I'm a boss, he had feelings about me saying the word "vampyros.")

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

albums

a moon shaped pool

magnetoception

blonde

M3LL155X

life of pablo

long trax

epoch

lots of people seem to love coloring book. doesn't blow my hair back. maybe it's just me.

• Like 1

I know I'm late to the party, but in my Prince mourning deep dives, I came across a dope Janelle Monae cover of Lets Go Crazy, that was at the NOLA Jazz fest right after he passed. It was so good, I took the plunge and got Electric Lady and ArchAndroid and I ****ing love them, particularly ArchAndroid. I've been wearing that album out. I'm a sucker for Psychedelic Soul, though.

I still love that Kaytranada 99.9% album.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1) Nick Drake - Time of No Reply2) Elliott Smith - Alameda3) Nick Drake - Fly4) Fiery Furnaces - Benton Harbor Blues5) The Shins - Pink Bullets6) My Morning Jacket - Golden7) Silver Jews- People8) Beck - Already Dead9) Beatles- Norwegian Wood10) Beach House - Apple Orchard11) Kings of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From12) Fleet Foxes- Blue Ridge Mountains13) Kinks- Village Green14) Panda Bear - Comfy In Nautica15) Yo La Tengo- Autumn Sweater16) Animal Collective - Did You See the Words17) Band of Horses - tbdis everyone cool with this list? if so i'll get crackin..

Listening to this right now.

Pretty sweet.

Pret-tay sweet.

Listening to this right now.

Pretty sweet.

Pret-tay sweet.

That's actually a really nice playlist. I think we have very similar tastes in music.

Who should I be listening to right now? Anyone cool up and coming?

• 3 weeks later...

Journey and Michael Jackson. Timeless music is always my favorite and I like to play "Bad" while playing online poker. It makes me feel tough and that I have complete authority over the table increasing my chances of having a good run of the table as confidence plays a lot in how well I do with any given hand. I've won many hands while listening to these two and now I consider them my lucky charms. :icon_surprised:

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf, when it comes to welcoming newbies, but you're making it hard with this journey talk, new guy. Real, real hard.

you need to get over the ending of The Sopranos

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...