what music are you guys listening to?

yonkers nominated for video of the year. vote for tyler!http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2011/video-of-the-year/#
WTF is that Beastie Boys video on about? Look, famous actors! And more famous actors! And there's also, more famous actors! And not us because you'd be depressed at how old we are!Also, hey MTV please compress the videos harder. What is that shit, like 120p? Is that even a thing? Had to go to youtube to actually watch the BB vid.EDIT: That Katy Perry video defies description. I think I might be in favor of nuclear annihilation of the human race. Also because it has 213 million youtube views. She made me mad at her boobs. That shouldn't be at all possible.Tyler's video is so much better than the other three I watched (fuck you Bruno Mars, I'll stab you in your goddam esophagus), it's like comparing the best cheeseburger you've ever had in your life to 4 other cheeseburgers where they replaced the burger with different consistencies of human feces.
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

PITCHFORK TOLD YOU IT'S COOL BRAbetter go out and buy 7 copies
lol whatevs brah already downloaded the flac so I can comprehend the subtle nuances of early post thrashcore and dave mustain's prophetic insight into the neo-pre-dystopian political climate. idiot
lol whatevs brah already downloaded the flac so I can comprehend the subtle nuances of early post thrashcore and dave mustain's prophetic insight into the neo-pre-dystopian political climate. idiot
Sounds derivative of Pavement imo

Been listening to Aloe Blacc's album, Good Things, from last year. I didn't really expect to like it, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It's soul, but it's not nu-soul or any of that garbage. It's extremely rooted in 60s and 70s soul (and it touches on lots of those sub-genres), but it's not a throwback album or anything. It's very modern at the same time. The rest of the album is all originals, but

Stick with it - I was unsure for the first minute or so and was almost a little put-off, but by the end of the song I was really enjoying it.

saw mccartney last night at wrigley. he's still kind of a douche, but what an old pro. guy played 31 songs before taking a break or taking a drink of water. still gets all the high notes etc.helter skelter and live and let die were the highlights for me. have to recommend ya'll catch him when he comes around.

He's getting in touch with his inner Gwyneth Paltrow?
Well, it's better than getting to touch Gwyneth Paltrow's inners.Ladies and gentlemen, the featured member of the month.

Jay Z and Kanye West - Watch the ThroneJust listened to it all the way through last night. I loved it. Its been awhile since I enjoyed an album this much on first listen. It defintiely feels like a Kanye west album with Jay Z featuring on every track, and this is absolutely not a bad thing whatsoever. I think Jay Z sounds more focused than he has for a few albums, and Kanye's verses are excellent as well, but it is Kanye's production that shines through the most. The man simply knows how to make a good album, and he has proven it time and time again.

Hey guys, been pretty quiet on this forum lately but thought I'd share my bands first official music video for our single, "I'm Only Joking". The song has become a radio hit in South Africa, where we grew up!

As for bands I've been listening to:Tinariwen - A band from Mali, Africa who literally traded in AK47's for guitars. They sound like a blues band got lost in the African desert for decades:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UQjXYC8ugE...feature=relatedMergence - a local band in Phoenix that KICKS ASS:
Jay Z and Kanye West - Watch the ThroneJust listened to it all the way through last night. I loved it. Its been awhile since I enjoyed an album this much on first listen. It defintiely feels like a Kanye west album with Jay Z featuring on every track, and this is absolutely not a bad thing whatsoever. I think Jay Z sounds more focused than he has for a few albums, and Kanye's verses are excellent as well, but it is Kanye's production that shines through the most. The man simply knows how to make a good album, and he has proven it time and time again.
I was actually pretty disappointed, but I've enjoyed it more on further listens. I expected Kanye to produce every song, but he didn't. His production (lately) has been filthy-good, but he only produced like half the tracks or something. And RZA's track is my favorite on the whole album. I agree that I like Yeezy's style (he's really not an adept rapper, but he doesn't really rap - he does his own weird thing, which I like), and also that he completely outshines Jay-Z. Especially on "Niggas In Paris," where they went and chopped up Jay-Z's verse so it's not a continuous flow but instead is bits and pieces put together at times, which really kills his verse for me.I find "Otis" nearly unlistenable. It's kind of a dope beat, but it's painful to hear them rap over it.
The song has become a radio hit in South Africa, where we grew up!
That's pretty radical, congrats! I'll check out the song later when I'm not doing 3 other things.

Watch the Throne was disappointing. It doesn't feel very fluid, it's not anywhere near the level of My Dark Twisted Fantasy, and it's rare when Jay and Kanye both shine on the same track. No Church in the Wild is my favorite track, the rest I feel like I won't be listening to in another couple weeks.

I was actually pretty disappointed, but I've enjoyed it more on further listens. I expected Kanye to produce every song, but he didn't. His production (lately) has been filthy-good, but he only produced like half the tracks or something. And RZA's track is my favorite on the whole album. I agree that I like Yeezy's style (he's really not an adept rapper, but he doesn't really rap - he does his own weird thing, which I like), and also that he completely outshines Jay-Z. Especially on "Niggas In Paris," where they went and chopped up Jay-Z's verse so it's not a continuous flow but instead is bits and pieces put together at times, which really kills his verse for me.I find "Otis" nearly unlistenable. It's kind of a dope beat, but it's painful to hear them rap over it.
I've listened to it a few more times, I still think it is a great album. Even though Kanye doesn't produce the whole album, his fingerprints are clearly all over the songs that other people produced.I like 'Otis', though it does have strange, uhh, flow to it. The song I find a bit strange is lift off, though it is growing on me. Neither guy really raps at all on that song, nor do either of them get into any kind of rythym. I think the Hook takes up about 60% of the total air time on that track.I think Kanye gets a bit underrated as a rapper, because when he actually straight up does a regular 16 bar rap verse (rarely), he is actually really good. See 'Gorgeous'. But I agree, most of the time he just does his own thing, which I also like.Chruch in the Wild is my favourite on the album right now.

I have to say that "No Church in the Wild" has been playing in my head all day even though I haven't listened to it for at least 2 days. There are some good songs (again I love RZA's track, at least half of which they don't even rap over they just let the instrumental play, and there isn't even a hook just horns-by-RZA (that's why a RZA beat is worth 100k, bitch)), but compared to MBDTF it isn't in the same ballpark. That's just like, my opinion though man.

listened to it for the first time yesterday and didn't get all the way through it. didn't really like the first half that much, too subdued or something, not enough standard beats/timings to keep me interested I guess. from new day on though it started getting a lot better. I don't know, I think this is one of those super great ideas that just didn't work out as well as everybody thought it would kinda things. plus, after dark fantasy, I mean, how you gonna top that?