what music are you guys listening to?

She found pictures in my emailI sent this bitch a picture of my dickI don't know what it is with femalesBut I'm not too good at that shitI really like that song. It's really pretty, in a good way. And it's also, improbably, 9 minutes long.
My fave on the whole alubm. I totally dig the last 2 minutes or so. I'm not exactly sure what's playing over the piano and cello (?), but it almost sounds like he's just talking and added some extreme effects/auto tune to make it sound like a really distorted guitar.
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

She found pictures in my emailI sent this bitch a picture of my dickI don't know what it is with femalesBut I'm not too good at that shitI really like that song. It's really pretty, in a good way. And it's also, improbably, 9 minutes long.
He performed this song and power on SNL this past weekend. It was a pretty extravagant setup/performance. Definitely worth checking out.
Expo-86 is a pretty sweet album.
hey bud, talking about kanye here, keep up.but seriously folks, I loooove the new girl talk so far (5 songs in, great workout material). he does exactly what I had been wanting him to do on the other stuff he's done: he'd always use really small snippets of songs, like half a bar or whole bar at most, and by the time I was like "wow this is cool," it was gone. this time he really draws them out and sort of combines whole sections of songs together to make super sweet dancey music. well anyways, I dig it a lot.also, kanye amirite?
Ok, it's pretty amazing, and I'm only 2/3 of the way through it, and I already know I like the last (full) song. I could live without the John Legend song though. EDIT: Okay Chris Rock is amazing. Anyway, I retract my statement that it should get a 7/10. It's his best album by like, so much. God I love FLAC.
Time to show my ignorance.is there a way to play FLAC files on an ITouch or Sony Walkman?
Time to show my ignorance.is there a way to play FLAC files on an ITouch or Sony Walkman?
I don't think so. I dunno anything about the Sony Walkman (we're not talking about cassette tapes, I assume), but I don't know of any portable music players that play FLAC. They're all just mp3 players. You can play them through your computer with WinAmp or Foobar2000, and probably others too. FLACs are totally, totally worth it, not just for Kanye but for pretty much any studio album. Most live albums too, come to think of it.
I don't think so. I dunno anything about the Sony Walkman (we're not talking about cassette tapes, I assume), but I don't know of any portable music players that play FLAC. They're all just mp3 players. You can play them through your computer with WinAmp or Foobar2000, and probably others too. FLACs are totally, totally worth it, not just for Kanye but for pretty much any studio album. Most live albums too, come to think of it.
Yeah, I'm using the VLC player to listen to the new Kanye right now. Can definitely hear a nice difference.I'm going to assume these can't be burn onto CDs due to their size.
Yeah, I'm using the VLC player to listen to the new Kanye right now. Can definitely hear a nice difference.I'm going to assume these can't be burn onto CDs due to their size.
FLAC can totally be burnt onto a CD. CDs can hold 700mb I think. FLAC is (somehow) taken from a CD and compacted without losing any quality, so a FLAC version is actually smaller than the CD version, but is otherwise identical. (I think that's all correct). Anyway, you can definitely burn it to a CD! I'm not sure which program you would use, but I wouldn't be surprised if winamp and/or foobar2000 could do it.
but seriously folks, I loooove the new girl talk so far (5 songs in, great workout material). he does exactly what I had been wanting him to do on the other stuff he's done: he'd always use really small snippets of songs, like half a bar or whole bar at most, and by the time I was like "wow this is cool," it was gone. this time he really draws them out and sort of combines whole sections of songs together to make super sweet dancey music. well anyways, I dig it a lot.
Love listening to GT when I need cheering up. "DON'T START NO SHIT WON'T BE NO SHIT, DON'T START NO SHIT WON'T BE NO SHIT, I was gettin some head gettin gettin some head"

the three new tracks from Iron & Wine for record store day or whatever. I can honestly say I like everything that guy touches. I almost want to drive over to Lawrence to see if any of the record stores have it.

the three new tracks from Iron & Wine for record store day or whatever. I can honestly say I like everything that guy touches. I almost want to drive over to Lawrence to see if any of the record stores have it.
so you're a twilight fan then huh?

Will Hogeopened for the acoustic Shinedown tour I saw this week. I've been hearing about my friends talking about him for a while now but you always want to hear for yourself before you make judgments. Heard it, and it's kick ass. Def my new fav.It's like a new age Tom Petty/John Mellencamp. Highly recommend it

New month = bandwidth limit zeroed. In other words, I am finally going to grab some new music. Last albums I DLed were WillFill and LCD Soundsystem. So far I am getting Age of Adz, the new Kanye y'all keep creaming over, the new I&W stratjeff just mentioned. Anyone want to recommend anything else recent?

Not recent really, but it has your name in it. Might be more relevant if you've seen any of Treme.

More Jazz for Lady Grey, New Orleans edition! Mostly contemporary stuff.Kermit Ruffins - Live At Vaughn's - 2007 - (Personal) highlights include 'Skokiaan,' 'Drop Me Off In New Orleans,' and 'If You Want Me To Stay.'Hot 8 Brass Band - Rock With The Hot 8 - 2007 - Major highlight is 'Sexual Healing,' but I love the whole album. I even recommended it awhile ago in here.Dirty Dozen Brass Band - Funeral For A Friend - 2004 - N.O. funeral music, really great. The Dirty Dozen are one of the premier brass bands of the last few decades, and were actually largely responsible for the resurgence of the genre. Highlights for me are 'Just A Closer Walk With Thee' (it kicks off halfway through), 'Jesus On The Mainline,' and 'I'll Fly Away.' James Booker - Spiders On The Keys - Solo live piano, late 1970s. Highlights include pretty much the entire thing, but particularly 'Papa Was A Rascal' and 'Eleanor Rigby.' Thanks again to Dutch for introducing me to him, he's truly amazing.
Not recent really, but it has your name in it. Might be more relevant if you've seen any of Treme.
Thanks I will grab all of these now. Still listen to a lot of your recs regularly. I'm going to check out this Treme too, love me some Goodman.