• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Clifford and Miles are both over rated.  Best jazz trumpeter to ever walk the earth was Mr. John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie.
i respect him and his influence, but i cant get into his music as much as the others.
So I guess you are more of a Hard Bop or maybe Cool / West Coast Jazz type of guy.Check out this guy named Terrel Stafford. I played with him a few years ago and the guy is absolutely burning. He lives out in the east coast, and has a few recordings out.Who else do you like?
alright ill check him out. some others i like are Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Bill Evans, Monk, and Dave Brubeck. i have a Mingus record but i dont listen to him as much as the others. always trying to expand my collection though. what instrument do you play?
Clifford and Miles are both over rated. Best jazz trumpeter to ever walk the earth was Mr. John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie.
i respect him and his influence, but i cant get into his music as much as the others.
So I guess you are more of a Hard Bop or maybe Cool / West Coast Jazz type of guy.Check out this guy named Terrel Stafford. I played with him a few years ago and the guy is absolutely burning. He lives out in the east coast, and has a few recordings out.Who else do you like?
alright ill check him out. some others i like are Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Bill Evans, Monk, and Dave Brubeck. i have a Mingus record but i dont listen to him as much as the others. always trying to expand my collection though. what instrument do you play?
Sounds like you are a fan of the Kind of Blue, and probably Birth of the Cool albums. Check out Cannonball Adderley....he was also on the Kind of Blue session.Oh...and I play trombone...hence the name. I'm more of a classical guy than a jazz guy....but living in a jazz/commercial music town....I have no other choice.

The Hold Steady- Almost Killed Me(always great, because while I'm a typical "indie fan" I always laugh at "indie kids" who wear yellow leather armbands, even though I'm pretty much one of them)The Hold Steady- Separation Sunday(I'm feeling opinionated today)Guided By Voices- Bee Thousand and/or Alien Lanes

Album of the Day: Chicago - Transit Authority This is a great album and I don't care if you hate it or not. This is not the same Chicago led by Peter Cetera that brought you sappy crap like "You're the Inspiration" . When the band first came out, they were very innovative with some excellent musicians (and Peter Cetera was in the band , but he wasn't a complete pansy yet). Terry Kath is a great guitar player (if you have ever heard "25 Or 6 To 4", that's him). Listen to the song "Free Form Guitar" and you can hear Kath, who can't even read music, wail on guitar. Robert Lamm was also a good lead singer and of course Chicago rocks the horns. If you have never given this album a chance due to Chicago's sins of the `80s, then you are missing out.

Beatnuts - great beats, terrible rapping. Still better than most rap on the radio/MTV though
Haha, so true. But they're fun, so I forgive them their shortcomings. Ja Rule is not fun, and is stupid, so he gets no love or forgiveness.Right now I'm listening to LCD Soundsystem, and just finished listening to some random Deerhoof stuffWang
Beatnuts - great beats, terrible rapping. Still better than most rap on the radio/MTV though
Haha, so true. But they're fun, so I forgive them their shortcomings. Ja Rule is not fun, and is stupid, so he gets no love or forgiveness.Right now I'm listening to LCD Soundsystem, and just finished listening to some random Deerhoof stuffWang
Daft punk is playing at my house, my house I’ll show you the ropes, kid, show you the ropes Got a bus and a trailer at my house, my house I’ll show you the ropes kid, show you the ropes I bought fifteen cases for my house, my house All the furniture is in the garage Well Daft Punk is playing at my house, my house You got to set them up kid, set them up
Daft punk is playing at my house, my house I’ll show you the ropes, kid, show you the ropes Got a bus and a trailer at my house, my house I’ll show you the ropes kid, show you the ropes I bought fifteen cases for my house, my house All the furniture is in the garage Well Daft Punk is playing at my house, my house You got to set them up kid, set them up
I was talking to my mom on the phone the today, and while she was doing something else, I kinda singing that song, and when she came back she asks,"Hey, is that that song by David Bowie."Wang: "Uhh... Young Americans?"Wang's Mom: "Yeah, that's it."Wang: (sigh) "Uh... yeah, mom."My mom is the coolestWang
broken social scene- you forgot it in peoplebelle and sebastian- if youre feeling sinister???????
I'd consider:Modest Mouse- The Lonesome Crowded WestStereolab- Emperor Tomato KetchupTalkTalk- Laughingstock(shrug) But whatever
broken social scene- you forgot it in peoplebelle and sebastian- if youre feeling sinister???????
I'd consider:Modest Mouse- The Lonesome Crowded WestStereolab- Emperor Tomato KetchupTalkTalk- Laughingstock(shrug) But whatever
as you know MM is one of my favorites. and thats my favorite album of theirs.i do not have any stereolab or talk talk. tell me about them.

Here's what I've been into lately:Relatively Recent Stuff:The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, StrikeSufjan Stevens - Illinois (I'm from Michigan, but I think the Illinois album is better than the Michigan album)LCD Soundsystem - LCD SoundsystemArt Brut - Bang Bang Rock and RollOlder Stuff:Any 80s New OrderAny Joy DivisionThe Pixies - DoolittleAny Talking Heads

Older Stuff:Any 80s New OrderAny Joy DivisionThe Pixies - DoolittleAny Talking Heads
I've had the song "Isolation" by Joy Division stuck in my head all day...Doolittle is a great album. And Talking Heads are one of my favorite bands. Your stock is rising.
Older Stuff:Any 80s New OrderAny Joy DivisionThe Pixies - DoolittleAny Talking Heads
I've had the song "Isolation" by Joy Division stuck in my head all day...Doolittle is a great album. And Talking Heads are one of my favorite bands. Your stock is rising.
Yeah, it's surprising how catchy "Isolation" is, considering the lyrics, but I've definitely had those days where I catch myself humming it.
Yeah, it's surprising how catchy "Isolation" is, considering the lyrics, but I've definitely had those days where I catch myself humming it.
The last two days I have had it stuck in my head while on the treadmill at the gym. Probably my favorite song by Joy Division, though it was good to see their mini-revival with the release of Donnie Darko.