what music are you guys listening to?

i know who edan is also!!!!i've been listening to some eminem and springsteen today
Oh man' date=' Eminem and Springsteen. What an awesomely sweet combo.I've put off listening to Animal Collective's "Feels" a lot until today' date=' because I thought Sung Tongs was almost perfect.So I think today I might give it a whirl. Also, I woke up this morning (330PM) with the dire and insatiable need for The Dismemberment Plan.I think the lineup's gonna be something like this:Dismemberment Plan- ChangeAnimal Collective- FeelsDismemberment Plan- Emergency & I???????????Wang[/quote'']Black Keys- ThickfreaknessThe Unicorns- Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- Clap Your Hands Say YeahGorillaz- GorillazAre you from T.O. Cause I swear my buddy works with an ex member of that group.Check out the Artic Monekys if you like the Unicorns
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

im listening to the samples of the songs in the itunes music store right now and the sound quality of the album doesnt sound so great. is it supposed to be like that?
In a word: yesSometimes is probably the easiest song on the album to listen to at first. But put the effort into understanding the rest of the album if you don't enjoy it right away. It's for sure worth it. Loveless is one of the best albums of the 90's if not of all time.
Yes, I totally agree with you, only I wasn't the one who posted that in which you are quoting. I believe Don Giovanni is. I bought a copy of Loveless back in `97.
im listening to the samples of the songs in the itunes music store right now and the sound quality of the album doesnt sound so great. is it supposed to be like that?
In a word: yesSometimes is probably the easiest song on the album to listen to at first. But put the effort into understanding the rest of the album if you don't enjoy it right away. It's for sure worth it. Loveless is one of the best albums of the 90's if not of all time.
Yes, I totally agree with you, only I wasn't the one who posted that in which you are quoting. I believe Don Giovanni is. I bought a copy of Loveless back in `97.
Any Philip Jeck fans out there? I've been on a bit of a binge lately.
Never heard the music, but I have a friend who has mentioned him before. It's kind of ambient music, isn't it? How would you describe it?

Album of the Day: Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon Great album....has a couple classic singles on it, and my favorite Paul Simon song, "Learn How To Fall". Highly recommended album.

Any Philip Jeck fans out there? I've been on a bit of a binge lately.
Never heard the music, but I have a friend who has mentioned him before. It's kind of ambient music, isn't it? How would you describe it?
He's an avant-garde turntablist by trade, but a lot of his more recent stuff could indeed be described as ambient electronica. He always achieves some amazingly unique soundscapes with sampling and turntables.He became famous in arty circles for his 1993 Vinyl Requiem performance, in which he utilized 180 turntables and a bunch of projectors. It's still talked about as one of the most compelling live art performances ever.Highly recommended if you're feeling adventurous.

So today in school, I was listening to Sister from Sonic Youth and my friend walks by and looks at my iPod and says "Sonic Youth sucks." Being the music elitist I think I am my first response is to make him feel dumb. Instead, I asked him why he thinks this way. He says "they're so unoriginal, so many bands today sound like them, they need to come up with their own style of music." I chuckled and have been listening to them ever since.Right now, Daydream Nation. Fucking amazing.

So today in school, I was listening to Sister from Sonic Youth and my friend walks by and looks at my iPod and says "Sonic Youth sucks." Being the music elitist I think I am my first response is to make him feel dumb. Instead, I asked him why he thinks this way. He says "they're so unoriginal, so many bands today sound like them, they need to come up with their own style of music." I chuckled and have been listening to them ever since.Right now, Daydream Nation. censored amazing.
Daydream Nation is the only Sonic Youth album I own. I was never a huge fan, but I do really like that album, and give the band tons of respect. Sounds like your friend, like 95% of people out there, don't know much about music.
He's an avant-garde turntablist by trade, but a lot of his more recent stuff could indeed be described as ambient electronica.  He always achieves some amazingly unique soundscapes with sampling and turntables.He became famous in arty circles for his 1993 Vinyl Requiem performance, in which he utilized 180 turntables and a bunch of projectors.  It's still talked about as one of the most compelling live art performances ever.Highly recommended if you're feeling adventurous.
Interesting. I am always in the mood to try something new, so I will check it out. Thanks for the info

Album of the Day: Slightly Stoopid - Everything You NeedIf you are a fan of Sublime, you will definitely enjoy Slightly Stoopid. SS is signed on Skunk records, which was Sublime's label. While this album is far from deep or thought-provoking, it is a solid listen, and even includes a great cover of John Denver's "Leavin' on a Jet Plane". I got to see Slightly Stoopid live in college (only 100 people or so at the show). Afterwards I got to puff with the band and talk to them for a little bit....they are solid live. Check it out if you haven't heard it.

Album of the Day: Slightly Stoopid - Everything You NeedIf you are a fan of Sublime, you will definitely enjoy Slightly Stoopid.  SS is signed on Skunk records, which was Sublime's label. While this album is far from deep or thought-provoking, it is a solid listen, and even includes a great cover of John Denver's "Leavin' on a Jet Plane". I got to see Slightly Stoopid live in college (only 100 people or so at the show). Afterwards I got to puff with the band and talk to them for a little bit....they are solid live. Check it out if you haven't heard it.
If you're a Sublime fan, also check out Pepper. They basically are Sublime with different people, but the music is still great.