• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

black keys is basically simplistic blues rock, just done really really well.EDIT: tracks to check out. "set you free", "the lengths", "till i get my way", "midnight in her eyes", "hurt like mine"
I'm 3 songs into the CD since my last post, and it's really good. It reminds me of George Thorogood, a little. Pretty simple blues riffs. Not hi-fi or lo-fi. I think I'm going to put on sunglasses, put this in the ole' '97 Lumina (maroon, maroon interior, recently purchased with 55K miles on it), and be cooler than everyone I see/everyone that snickers at me.Thanks,WangPS- Have you downloaded Reckoner yet?
its in the process of being downloaded. the funny thing about the black keys is that the band consists of the 2 whitest men you will ever see in your life. google image search them and let the laughter ensue.
Haha, done and done. when you reccomended them, I randomly connected to a Village Voice review so I knew what to expect while it was DLing, and saw these two skinny dorks with glasses/beards.Heroes.

I'm surprised you have never listened to the Black Keys, Wang. They are a pretty good band. I have a few live shows of theirs on my computer, so if you ever feel like trading, hit me up.I as well have heard of Edan before. I didn't know that they were some big secret. Love the Radiohead B-sides discussion. I think I have every Radiohead song ever recorded, nice to hear some other people enjoy them as well.The playlist for today:King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson KingDispatch - Silent SteeplesMott the Hoople - All the Young DudesThe Prodigy - Music for the Jilted GenerationIs there really any point for me listing these albums? Does anyone even pay attention to them? Should I stop?

I'm surprised you have never listened to the Black Keys, Wang. They are a pretty good band. I have a few live shows of theirs on my computer, so if you ever feel like trading, hit me up.The playlist for today:King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson KingDispatch - Silent SteeplesMott the Hoople - All the Young DudesThe Prodigy - Music for the Jilted GenerationIs there really any point for me listing these albums? Does anyone even pay attention to them? Should I stop?
This has become a 2-4 way dialogue, with occassional interjections from some randoms. I like it, though, so I'm not letting it die. Yeah, I'm not sure how the Black Keys slipped under the radar, but I'm glad stuff like that happens from time to time. Man, I fucking hate Dispatch. It might be irrational, but if I hear a Dispatch song that I recognize somewhere, I get intensely furious, and demand it be changed. If it's not changed, I usually try to pee on someone nearby. Yes; I am an infant.Alright, Breon/Burgundy/BigKg/whomever:What are your favorite Radiohead B-sides? I'm curious. You could put 10 diehard Radiohead fans in the same room, and get 10 completely different lists.Wang

true love waitshow i made my millionsrabbit in your headlightspolyethylenealligators in new york sewersbig ideasthe order changes, but id say thats my top 6 just off my head. thinking about you, talk show host aren't too far behind.

true love waitshow i made my millionsrabbit in your headlightspolyethylenealligators in new york sewersbig ideasthe order changes, but id say thats my top 6 just off my head. thinking about you, talk show host aren't too far behind.
I'll toss my top 5 out, and think and repost tomorrow:How I Made My MillionsPearlyPermanent DaylightReckoner (Feeling Pulled Apart by Horses)Talkshow HostThe bolded choices are the only ones set in stone. Wang

I don't mind Dispatch so much....I know there's not a whole lot to it , but in college I could always manage to get Dispatch on over DMB or O.A.R., so I took it every time.Favorite Radiohead B-Sides:Talk Show HostFog (Alligators in New York Sewers)Killer CarsMaquiladoraGagging OrderPermanent DaylightPunchdrunk Lovesick SingalongBishop's RobesMeeting in the Aisleand I got a sweet spot for How Can You Be Sure

To go back to the albums I listed earlier, does anyone here ever listen to King Crimson? Robert Fripp is a genius, and the band never gets any credit. They were probably the best progressive rock band of the `70s (not counting Pink Floyd)....And Music for the Jilted Generation by The Prodigy is one of my favorite albums of all-time. There, I said it. I remember rocking out to it in 8th grade....

To go back to the albums I listed earlier, does anyone here ever listen to King Crimson?  Robert Fripp is a genius, and the band never gets any credit. They were probably the best progressive rock band of the `70s (not counting Pink Floyd)....And Music for the Jilted Generation by The Prodigy is one of my favorite albums of all-time. There, I said it. I remember rocking out to it in 8th grade....
I have a few King Crimson songs on my computer, but I've rarely listened to them. My ONE music-loving-friend has told me repeatedly to give them a whirl when I get the chance, but I always forget. I logged on for the SOLE purpose of posting in this thread, and getting it back on the front page, where it belongs. I decided tomorrow is "Early-Nineties Major Label" Day.First off, I'm getting up at a reasonable "slacker" hour (Noon, as opposed to 3, which is just ludicrous), as a tribute to twenty-somethings everywhere.Secondly, I'm wearing corduroys and a flanner shirt, and my red "Rage Against the Machine" t-shirt underneat.Thirdly, I'm going to Starbucks, to pay homage to Seattle.Then, I'm gonna listen to Corduroy (from Pearl Jam's fantastic "Vitology." Then, I'm gonna watch Terminator II, and maybe Kindergarten Cop.But THEN I'm gonna rock out all day to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Rage, and there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.Then I'm gonna put on some Weird-Al, just to spice things up, and keep myself off balance. I won't be expecting it.Finally, I'm probably going to play the underoo-accordion while thinking nasty thoughts about Cindy Crawford.Ah, my youth.Wang
I have a few King Crimson songs on my computer, but I've rarely listened to them.  My ONE music-loving-friend has told me repeatedly to give them a whirl when I get the chance, but I always forget.  I logged on for the SOLE purpose of posting in this thread, and getting it back on the front page, where it belongs.  I decided tomorrow is "Early-Nineties Major Label" Day.First off, I'm getting up at a reasonable "slacker" hour (Noon, as opposed to 3, which is just ludicrous), as a tribute to twenty-somethings everywhere.Secondly, I'm wearing corduroys and a flanner shirt, and my red "Rage Against the Machine" t-shirt underneat.Thirdly, I'm going to Starbucks, to pay homage to Seattle.Then, I'm gonna listen to Corduroy (from Pearl Jam's fantastic "Vitology."  Then, I'm gonna watch Terminator II, and maybe Kindergarten Cop.But THEN  I'm gonna rock out all day to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Rage, and there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.Then I'm gonna put on some Weird-Al, just to spice things up, and keep myself off balance.  I won't be expecting it.Finally, I'm probably going to play the underoo-accordion while thinking nasty thoughts about Cindy Crawford.Ah, my youth.Wang
Give King Crimson a chance. They are a great band. Listen to "21st Century Schizoid Man" and "In the Court of the Crimson King" when you get the chance....I only wish I could wake up at noon, but instead here I am at 7:00 a.m., which is now considered sleeping in for me. Starbucks? That place is the devil. Don't waste your time there......very nice call on Corduroy though, one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs. If you are going to rock out to those bands, be sure to throw some Alice in Chains in the mix as well.

Here are my top 5, I think (no order):Talk Show HostGagging OrderFogLozenge of LoveTrue Love Waits (I don't know if this counts as a b-side technically, but I'll include it anyway since seeing it played live changed my life)

I always just shuffle my entire i podit just played Elvis Costello Hand in HandIf you like old King Crimson I recommend the album RedAnyone ever heard of the Raspberries = here's some sacrilege i think they are better than big star

I always just shuffle my entire i podit just played Elvis Costello Hand in HandIf you like old King Crimson I recommend the album RedAnyone ever heard of the Raspberries = here's some sacrilege i think they are better than big star
Red is an excellent album. Wasn't the Raspberries the band with Eric Carmen, the dude who sang "Hungry Eyes" in the 80s?

Album of the Day: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless. I know it has been mentioned on this thread before, but it is such a great album. Give it a listen if you haven't already.

Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets

AC/DC. 'Nuff said. Sometimes I think they are the only band worth listening to...they are SO much better than anyone else in the history of music.
Wow Koop...Just say that you drink Coronas and restore Corvettes...listening to Who made Who, drinkin, and setting up progressive linkage on 3x2 carbs right now...