what music are you guys listening to?

whatever bro, it's nothing but a bunch of bleeps and bloops to no discernible rhythm. NO WAY BRO.heard incubus is putting out a new album soon though!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

I may finally have figured out LCD Soundsystem on the eve of it's demise...Dance Yrself Clean is a monster of a song.And while LCD may no longer be putting out music under that name, all accounts indicate James Murphy (the Man!) will still be making music.

I'll be honest, I never realized she was so damn goodhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpAlKKftG0
Does it give you the bumps of the goose?
That's pretty damn good. Was in Spain last October (awesome month to go to Andalusia) and saw some street guitarists this good. Also saw the incredible compound on which the song Charo is playing was named: The Alhambra.Seriously, look it up...it's worth it.

just listened to my morning jacket's new song they released, circuital, from their new album they're releasing... sometime, I don't remember, even though I just read it. it's damn good, and I'm quite excited since it sounds a lot better than the stuff on evil urges or z, both of which I really tried to like but it just didn't work out.QUESTION: I need a few new albums for an upcoming trip. so far I've just got the new TVotR. anybody got any good recommendations? and this request may be somewhat fruitless since my two favorite music recommenders, strategy and mk, both don't post here anymore, but still. worth a shot!

Tomorrow is record store day, and thanks to illegal filesharing, now we can all partake. In other words, all of the cool stuff on that list will be up tomorrow. A lot of it is fairly boring vinyl re-releases, a lot of them just singles too. An official Beach Boys single and b-side from the original Smile sessions is pretty sexy, except that it is incomprehensibly being released as a 10-inch 78. Yes, 78 rpm. I'm almost certain that standard record players never have that function anymore. Again of course, God bless the internet and digital rips.

just listened to my morning jacket's new song they released, circuital, from their new album they're releasing... sometime, I don't remember, even though I just read it. it's damn good, and I'm quite excited since it sounds a lot better than the stuff on evil urges or z, both of which I really tried to like but it just didn't work out.QUESTION: I need a few new albums for an upcoming trip. so far I've just got the new TVotR. anybody got any good recommendations? and this request may be somewhat fruitless since my two favorite music recommenders, strategy and mk, both don't post here anymore, but still. worth a shot!
Crash Kingshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLSd9vseqy4
QUESTION: I need a few new albums for an upcoming trip. so far I've just got the new TVotR. anybody got any good recommendations? and this request may be somewhat fruitless since my two favorite music recommenders, strategy and mk, both don't post here anymore, but still. worth a shot!
you rang?i'm like a child wandering into the middle of a movie, as i have no frame of reference for what you've already listened to BUT:that latest toro y moi album i think you'd really like since it's good, clean funi assume you have the new strokes and jizz your face off while listening to it on repeat like i donew burial ep is greatjames blake lp is great but maybe a little out for you but i'd guess you have that already tooalso assume you have zonoscope but if not, grab immediatelyharts
you rang?i'm like a child wandering into the middle of a movie, as i have no frame of reference for what you've already listened to BUT:that latest toro y moi album i think you'd really like since it's good, clean funi assume you have the new strokes and jizz your face off while listening to it on repeat like i donew burial ep is greatjames blake lp is great but maybe a little out for you but i'd guess you have that already tooalso assume you have zonoscope but if not, grab immediatelyharts
omg hi.I do have toro y moi and zonoscope, and I've listened to both and liked them moderately, but I think they both suffered from me listening to them in the wrong environment. I'll add them to the "listen-to" list for the trip down to THE BEACH. should work out there.and good call on the strokes. I had forgotten they put out a new one.

so that final lcd show at msg was pretty fun, although i hope i never see another hipster fagatron dressed in the james murphy outfit--you know, black blazer, white shirt, skinny black tie--there were literally thousands. i thought of cartman and the gd dirty hippies:epi902img15.jpg

liked the new strokes on the first listen, good stuff. zonoscope, on the other hand, I didn't care for on the first listen (like I said, I'd listened to it before but didn't really pay attention). but I've put it in a few more times and it's really growing on me. I think I may end up really liking it actually. also, toro y moi is very funky. like that stuff.oh oh, also gave the new tvotr a good ole spin on the way down too. it didn't really grab me too hard, but I did like it quite a bit. gonna put it back in tomorrow when I drive on the BEACH road looking at the BEACH.

Yeah I almost got tickets to Lollapalooza too but then I remembered it's not 1997.
To be fair, Lolla has had some very good lineups over the past few years.