• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Blood Sugar Sex Magic is a good roadtrip CD that pleases most people, too; at least nobody will ever admit that don't like the Peppers. Wang
look at THIS fucking gem
lg: do you like sufjan? if so, have you given seven swans a good listen? it was always the bastard child of sufjan to me so I never listened to it in favor of michigan and illinois, but a few months ago I gave it another go and it's my favorite of his at the moment. much more simple and eloquent, and even dark in some places. really nice stuff.
That's so funny, I did the exact same thing. I had never really heard it and I figured it was sort of a throw-away album. But now I'm somewhat convinced that it may be my favorite Sufjan album. The song "In the Devil's Territory" really blows me away every time I listen to it. The album is simple but deliberate, and each song is structured, well-crafted, and intricate. It's quite lovely.
oh snizzy free leech. I can't recommend anything cause I need recommendations too. shit.
I will recommend the new Deerhoof if you're not listening to them yet.My grabs so far:Madvillain - Madvillainy (2004)Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2002)Billions and Billions - Billions and Billions (2010)The White Stripes - White Blood Cells (2002)Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica (2004)Outkast - Stankonia (2000)Rainbow Arabia - Boys and Diamonds (2011)Kurt Vile - Square Shells (2010)Kurt Vile - Constant Hitmaker (2008)Kurt Vile - Childish Progidy (2009)Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo (2011)Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3 (2009)Jay-Z - The Blueprint (2001)Portishead - Portishead (1997Portishead - Third (2008) - I had this before but I lost it somehow?!Portishead - Dummy (1994) - See aboveJoy Division - Unknown Pleasures (1979)Gang of Four - Entertainment! (1979)Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans (2004)The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses (1989)N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton (2002)The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Undergound and Nico (1967)And from what because they appeared to be FL there and I need ratio on what badly:Cee Lo Green - The Lady Killer (2010)Sleigh Bells - Treats (2010)The Walkmen - Lisbon (2010)Dresden - Dresden (2010)My technique is to look at Pitchfork's Best Of lists and pick out whatever looks interesting to me. I test drive some of them on Youtube and if I like what I hear I DL. This is a reckless approach.

holy crap deerhoof has a lot of albums. hope I like them cause I just downloaded freaking 6 of them. YOU BETTER BE RIGHT LG.and wowzers you were lacking a lot of really good stuff. how in god's name did you not have yankee hotel foxtrot, white blood cells, or the moon and antarctica? I'm pretty sure those just download to your computer automatically without even having to search for them.also, who is kurt vile? I'm hoping he's like elliott smith or sufjan. I need more elliott smithy and sufjany stuff.finally: why is smithy not a misspelled word? odd indeed.

holy crap deerhoof has a lot of albums. hope I like them cause I just downloaded freaking 6 of them. YOU BETTER BE RIGHT LG.and wowzers you were lacking a lot of really good stuff. how in god's name did you not have yankee hotel foxtrot, white blood cells, or the moon and antarctica? I'm pretty sure those just download to your computer automatically without even having to search for them.also, who is kurt vile? I'm hoping he's like elliott smith or sufjan. I need more elliott smithy and sufjany stuff.finally: why is smithy not a misspelled word? odd indeed.
A smithy is a blacksmith, the word is pretty common here in England where we still ride around on horse and carts.I am boning up on my classic indiewank, yeah. I'm getting Spoon too. There's a lot of shit I never bothered with, so freeleeches are my opportunity to fill in the gaps.Kurt Vile is apparently some kind of folk singing guy who might be the next big thing. I tried one song and liked it so I grabbed up all his stuff. I think he might be able to fulfil your smithy desires.
My technique is to look at Pitchfork's Best Of lists and pick out whatever looks interesting to me. I test drive some of them on Youtube and if I like what I hear I DL. This is a reckless approach.
I've found this site to be a useful and enjoyable tool. If either of y'all don't have OutKast's earlier albums I recommend those as well. Their first 2 albums are outstanding, and their third album, Aquemini, is to me their masterpiece. Stankonia is also fantastic, of course. Dunno how much other hip-hop you have LG, but you should get 'Illmatic' by Nas and 'Ready To Die' by Biggie (Notorious B.I.G.) if you haven't heard them before.
Kurt Vile is apparently some kind of folk singing guy who might be the next big thing. I tried one song and liked it so I grabbed up all his stuff. I think he might be able to fulfil your smithy desires.
ooooh I was hoping that's what he was. gonna get that too. give it a shot.
I am boning
go on...
I've found this site to be a useful and enjoyable tool. If either of y'all don't have OutKast's earlier albums I recommend those as well. Their first 2 albums are outstanding, and their third album, Aquemini, is to me their masterpiece. Stankonia is also fantastic, of course. Dunno how much other hip-hop you have LG, but you should get 'Illmatic' by Nas and 'Ready To Die' by Biggie (Notorious B.I.G.) if you haven't heard them before.
yeah, Aquemini might be my favourite album of all time.

Dutch and anybody else (I mention you because I imagine you would or do adore them), have you heard of Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All? They're a Wu-Tang type collective in LA, and they're crazy and flamboyant and pretty outstanding. A lot of them are still in goddam High School. Earl Sweatshirt is perma-grounded right now, sparking a Free Earl movement.

His mom was like, No.*Bloody, not sexy.
Dutch and anybody else (I mention you because I imagine you would or do adore them), have you heard of Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All? They're a Wu-Tang type collective in LA, and they're crazy and flamboyant and pretty outstanding. A lot of them are still in goddam High School. Earl Sweatshirt is perma-grounded right now, sparking a Free Earl movement.
His mom was like, No.*Bloody, not sexy.
OMG he (Earl) is hot fire. Thanks.

New Raekwon album leaked!(!!!) It comes out March 8. I'll gladly upload it here but I'm gonna wait for a higher quality rip.Of the 3 or 4 singles I've already heard,

with Ghostface and Rick Ross is my favorite. Same sample is used on Shadowboxin' off of Liquid Swords. This album could go either way - Cuban Linx 2 was unexpectedly incredible, but neither RZA or Dilla have any beats on this album. I don't know why not. Dilla produced
(and two others) from Cuban Linx 2, in case you think I'm just talking up Dilla for no reason. And RZA produced 2 great tracks as well. Anyway, maybe I should listen to it before I talk about it so much. brb

so it looks like ofwkta talks about RAPE more than kanye talks about louis vitton. NEW FAVORITE GROUP OBV.

so it looks like ofwkta talks about RAPE more than kanye talks about louis vitton. NEW FAVORITE GROUP OBV.
Yeah I forgot to mention that to you, but I figured you'd picked up on it when you said you were reading Tyler's twitter. Anyway yeah, rape.