what music are you guys listening to?

CJ: Because it's 18 hours from Manila. It's 9:25 PM Eastern. Steve: It should be 10:25. CJ: We left Manila at 3:25 today.Steve: We left Manila at 3:25 yesterday.CJ: In Manila it was yesterday. Janet: Was it?CJ: Well, no, actually it was tomorrow, but it's 9:25 right now, Eastern, agreed?Steve: I've agreed it's 9:25 from the beginning, I'm just saying it should be 9:25 in the morning.CJ: But it's not, Steve, you can just look out the window and check that one off the list.
I've only seen this episode a few times, and it's not one of my favorites -- I'm a Season 1/Season 2 guy, though I always watch through the end of Season 4, because I didn't stop enjoying it until Season 5 -- but I do like that scene. The CJ line at the end is great.
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

I know I'm gonna get blasted for this, but 2010 was not my favorite year in music.
For a while I thought it was just a sparse year for music, but I realized I've just been really out of touch. I'm going to withhold judgment for a few years, but as far as I'm concerned, I've worn the **** out of a few albums -- notably LCD Soundsystem, Sleigh Bells, Beach House, Robyn, Caribou, Four Tet, Flying Lotus, Walkmen, Crystal Castles, Menomena, and Robyn (I am an obvious: homosexual) -- and I'm in the process of wearing out Kanyizzle and Jay Electronica releases (good call, T-Dub).I never really know how good a year is until I get all the way caught up and determine how much of an effect time has on my enjoyment. Some albums from the last few years I can still listen to a few times a month without it feeling stale -- most Radiohead, Funeral, Michigan, Sung Tongs/Merriweather Post, Madvillainy, Fishscale, Person Pitch, etc. -- and others, despite how much I appreciate them, lose their luster for whatever reason.
I've only seen this episode a few times, and it's not one of my favorites -- I'm a Season 1/Season 2 guy, though I always watch through the end of Season 4, because I didn't stop enjoying it until Season 5 -- but I do like that scene. The CJ line at the end is great.
I'm actually on my first-ever viewing of the series. I'm really really enjoying it, just started season 5. I can tell it's going downhill or is about to, largely because Sam Seaborn is gone, but there are some incredible episodes and scenes in the 4 seasons I've seen so far.I agree that the quoted episode as a bit dull. And then I just watched Zoe's kidnapping, which was a bit ridiculous. Not nearly as exciting and dramatic as the assassination attempt a couple seasons ago.
I'm actually on my first-ever viewing of the series. I'm really really enjoying it, just started season 5. I can tell it's going downhill or is about to, largely because Sam Seaborn is gone, but there are some incredible episodes and scenes in the 4 seasons I've seen so far.
Aaron Sorkin left after Season 4, and it's pretty obvious. From the first moments of Season 5, the show just feels different. From the cinematography to the dialog to the tone to the character development to the casting decisions, the whole program takes a pretty stark left-turn once the guy from ER starts running shit. My feelings are probably pretty extreme, but without Sorkin pulling the strings, even though the actors and locations remain largely the same, it's not even the same show.
So when I'm not here, nobody talks about the Pitchfork Year-End Lists?
what do you have me on fucking ignore or something? I talked about kanye's album being number one like 10 posts up. but I mean really, it absolutely is the best album of the year, and there's really probably not that many people that disagree, but I almost guarantee they put either deerhunter or ariel pink above it. I bet it'll be deerhunter, ap, kanye, lcd, sleigh bells, big boi, titus, in that order. BOOK THAT SHIT.
"WE AREN'T BEING IRONIC WE JUST LOVE TO RAP AND DANCE"
haha
what do you have me on fucking ignore or something? I talked about kanye's album being number one like 10 posts up. but I mean really, it absolutely is the best album of the year, and there's really probably not that many people that disagree, but I almost guarantee they put either deerhunter or ariel pink above it. I bet it'll be deerhunter, ap, kanye, lcd, sleigh bells, big boi, titus, in that order. BOOK THAT SHIT.haha
I haven't listened to enough of 2010 to say kanye is best, but it is really nice.

you didn't actually book that shit did you? no? good.(but where the hell was brothers? kinda sad about that. most everything else I agree with. except deerhunter. fuck deerhunter.)

Aaron Sorkin left after Season 4, and it's pretty obvious. From the first moments of Season 5, the show just feels different. From the cinematography to the dialog to the tone to the character development to the casting decisions, the whole program takes a pretty stark left-turn once the guy from ER starts running shit. My feelings are probably pretty extreme, but without Sorkin pulling the strings, even though the actors and locations remain largely the same, it's not even the same show.
This is so true. That show was just so good for the first four seasons, and it was 100% Sorkin's writing. After he left, the tracking shot hallway banter diologues were just never the same.It's just like when Amy Sherman Palladino left the Gilmore girls. I am an obvious: homosexual.
So when I'm not here, nobody talks about the Pitchfork Year-End Lists?
Jeez, didn't the full list just come out this morning? Some of us have lives (not: me).Anyway, Kanye was obvious and the exact order of the others was a bit up in the air, but we pretty much knew what would be in the top 20.To be honest, I really haven't listened to all that many new albums this year. Here are my thoughts:- Biggest surprise was Vampire Weekend getting 6. I like that album, and since I haven't listened to too much, it's a top 10 album for me. I was just surprised that Pitchfork concurred.- I was very happy to see Teen Dream high up there at 7. That album gets me.- Halcyon Digest is: the tits. The song Desire Lanes is: the tits.- Hard to argue with LCD at 2. "All I want" is a difficult argument to deny.- For a long time, I was in the "anti-Newsom" crowd. I mean, it's not that I was against her or her music, but her voice was just a bit too out there for me and her albums were too long and intricate and scared me off a bit. I always felt that her songs would be so much better if they were sung by, for example, Joni Mitchell. But I recently (in the last month) listened to "Have One On Me" and it really hit me as a brilliant piece of music. I haven't given it its fair due yet, but I'm starting to understand what people are talking about.- Haven't listened to enough Ariel Pink yet, but I don't think Round and Round was the song of the year. Sorry.- I really need to get the Sleight Bells album, right...?- I really need to get the Flying Lotus Album, right?- I should really get the Caribou album, right?- Damn, I really need to buy Kanye's album. I'm such an ass.

I guess I'll be the first to make my own list:1. LCD Soundsystem – This is Happening2. Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy3. Big Boi – Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty4. Beach House – Teen Dream5. Deerhunter – Halcyon Digest6. Flying Lotus – Cosmogramma7. Janelle Monae – The ArchAndroid8. Arcade Fire – The Suburbs9. The Walkmen – Lisbon10. Robyn – Body Talk11. Four Tet – There Is Love In You12. Caribou – Swim13. Sleigh Bells – Treats14. The National – High Violet15. Vampire Weekend – Contra16. Broken Social Scene – Forgiveness Rock Record17. The Roots – How I Got Over18. Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles19. Curren$y – Pilot Talk20. Wavves – King of the BeachAfter making this list I realized how many albums I am yet to listen to from this year. This list may have to be revisited a few weeks from now.

hey where do you guys download your music from? It's the holiday season and I'm broke, loledit: oh yeah and I want teh new Kanye album but I don't want to buy it.....he doesn't need my moneyedit2: nevermind found what I need

ATTENTION: for anybody using utorrent, when you do the latest update, it will ask you if you want to install the utorrent toolbar (much like the yahoo toolbar horribleness that I think shows up for firefox or something) and even when you uncheck the box, it still loads it. you have to go to tools > add ons > then find it and uninstall it. thanks for that pile of shit utorrent.

Speaking of albums, Ghostface Killah has a brand new album out next week, and an illegal "scene" copy may or may not be circulating the intertubes. REVIEW: It's a bit disappointing, but there are some good songs too. I'm not going to judge the sound quality until I hear a better copy, but there are some wack beats, unfortunately comprising a large portion of the album. I do like that he edited it to just 12 songs, but here are some reasons I think this album isn't as good as some of his previous albums, and not nearly as good as Raekwon's latest album.- The Ghostface-to-Raekwon ratio is terrible. Rae has two verses, both of which are good, but that's it. - There are no RZA beats (he doesn't appear as a rapper either). There are no Dilla beats. There are no Mathematics beats (he's done a lot of Wu stuff). - Again, there's not nearly enough Raekwon. I can't stress enough how detrimental that is. So yeah, I only listened to it once, and there are a few pretty awesome songs. The album gets dramatically better as it goes on (the exception being the first song, which is pretty great, and which samples another pretty great song*). But there are some seriously not-great beats, and very few truly memorable beats. There are some pretty solid ones, including Pete Rock's contribution, but he should have copied Raekwon. Rae had 5 Dilla+RZA songs on his amazing album last year, and those mostly comprised the best songs on the album. He didn't necessarily have better guests than Ghost got, but he certainly got more out of them and used them more (due in part to the album being preposterously long, I'll admit). There are flashes of awesomeness, if you will. I'm hoping it grows on me. You wilin' on a stretcher and shit, they tryin' to hold your legs'Nah don't hold his legs, tell that bitch-ass nigga to chillPut something in his meat like bolognese.'*

by the poorly named group Them Two.
Speaking of albums, Ghostface Killah has a brand new album out next week, and an illegal "scene" copy may or may not be circulating the intertubes. REVIEW: It's a bit disappointing, but there are some good songs too. I'm not going to judge the sound quality until I hear a better copy, but there are some wack beats, unfortunately comprising a large portion of the album. I do like that he edited it to just 12 songs, but here are some reasons I think this album isn't as good as some of his previous albums, and not nearly as good as Raekwon's latest album.- The Ghostface-to-Raekwon ratio is terrible. Rae has two verses, both of which are good, but that's it. - There are no RZA beats (he doesn't appear as a rapper either). There are no Dilla beats. There are no Mathematics beats (they've done a lot of Wu stuff). - Again, there's not nearly enough Raekwon. I can't stress enough how detrimental that is. So yeah, I only listened to it once, and there are a few pretty awesome songs. The album gets dramatically better as it goes on (the exception being the first song, which is pretty great, and which samples another pretty great song*). But there are some seriously not-great beats, and very few truly memorable beats. There are some pretty solid ones, including Pete Rock's contribution, but he should have copied Raekwon. Rae had 5 Dilla+RZA songs on his amazing album last year, and those mostly comprised the best songs on the album. He didn't necessarily have better guests than Ghost got, but he certainly got more out of them and used them more (due in part to the album being preposterously long, I'll admit). There are flashes of awesomeness, if you will. I'm hoping it grows on me. You wilin' on a stretcher and shit, they tryin' to hold your legs'Nah don't hold his legs, tell that bitch-ass nigga to chillPut something in his meat like bolognese.'*
by the poorly named group Them Two.
Question: How do you feel about Fishscale?
Yikes. For now I'm just gonna not update utorrent.
after I calmed down a bit and figured out how to uninstall it, it wasn't all that bad. but good god those automatic downloads piss me off. it's just plain rude.also, how the hell do you people have this much time to listen to music? I was trying to make my top 10 list and I got to freaking 8. do you not have jobs?sorry strat.
after I calmed down a bit and figured out how to uninstall it, it wasn't all that bad. but good god those automatic downloads piss me off. it's just plain rude.
Umm not sayin you're a dummy or anything, but I updated utorrent yesterday and didn't see anything about a toolbar. Utorrent looks hella ugly now though.
Umm not sayin you're a dummy or anything, but I updated utorrent yesterday and didn't see anything about a toolbar. Utorrent looks hella ugly now though.
that's weird, I did it last night and it was definitely there, and I googled it and apparently some other people had the same problem. I guess if it automatically downloaded even when I told it not to, there are probably other problems with it as well so maybe it had been doing different stuff all day. who knows. but yeah, why the hell did they have to change the whole look? stupid idiot losers.

ah now comes the fun part of the end of year lists, going back and getting all the stuff that I didn't see/didn't care to get the first time. first good hit: the tallest man on earth. really digging it so far. strat I think you'd like this if you haven't heard it yet. sounds like nick drake and willie nelson had a kid and he hung out with jeff magnum a bit too much.

Question: How do you feel about Fishscale?
Generally love it, but SC is probably my favorite of his. His new album (Apollo Kids) isn't in the same ballpark as Fishscale.The production credits tell the story, imo. Fishscale: MF DOOM x4, Pete Rock x3, J Dilla, Just Blaze.Supreme Clientele: Tons of RZA, Mathematics x2. OB4CL2: Dilla x3, RZA x2, Pete Rock, Marley Marl, Mathematics, Dr. Dre (even though Dre's 2 beats kind of suck)Apollo Kids: Pete Rock, Jake One, Hitmen, one track each, and that's about it for people I've heard of. Pretty unimpressive, and it leads to a fairly boring album.