what music are you guys listening to?

new arcade fire sucks! its so unremarkable. the production is more distant and studio-ed. they have lost all of their organic intimacy. funeral sounded like an epic band playing right in front of you, with actual instruments. it sounded like a live performance. their instrumentation and arranging here has gotten less creative and inventive; it's more narrow and standard fare type stuff that any number of bands do, instead of the range of sounds you hear in 'In the Back Seat' for example. arcade fire are done. some of the songs are so cheesy and mediocre i couldnt believe it. how could they have fallen so far?edit: lol, i see those tools at pitchfork gave this mundane, uninspired, bullshit album an 8.6 or something and called it a return to form for the band. go read the review if you want to see some idiot reading into music WAY to much.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

forgot to comment on this on sunday. I only listened to the dock cause it was late and I was going to bed, but I dug it at the time. keep in mind that I had been listening to acousticy folky stuff all day and had just finished watching Magnolia for the first time, so I might have been in a weird mood, but I thought it was pretty neat.
I've missed you Shake. Thanks.NO THANKS TO YOU STRAT AND MK!
new arcade fire sucks! its so unremarkable. the production is more distant and studio-ed. they have lost all of their organic intimacy. funeral sounded like an epic band playing right in front of you, with actual instruments. it sounded like a live performance. their instrumentation and arranging here has gotten less creative and inventive; it's more narrow and standard fare type stuff that any number of bands do, instead of the range of sounds you hear in 'In the Back Seat' for example. arcade fire are done. some of the songs are so cheesy and mediocre i couldnt believe it. how could they have fallen so far?edit: lol, i see those tools at pitchfork gave this mundane, uninspired, bullshit album an 8.6 or something and called it a return to form for the band. go read the review if you want to see some idiot reading into music WAY to much.
I liked it a lot.

aaaaalso (looks like I'm gonna be doing this a lot. can't complete a god damn thought.) I just recently rediscovered And you will know us by the trail of the dead and I can't get enough of them. downloaded Century of Self when it first came out, listened to it once, liked it, then never went back for some reason, then tried it again a couple of days ago and now I'm like YO DAT SHIT IS PHAT and stuff. gonna make a cd of Source Tags and Codes for my trip down to THE BEACH in a couple of weeks. always good to have a new album to take you through a big road trip.oh and dutch, I watched the entire series of the wire over my hiatus and great googly moogly what an awesome show. not sure why I'm directing this towards you and towards you in here, but there it is.

aaaaalso (looks like I'm gonna be doing this a lot. can't complete a god damn thought.) I just recently rediscovered And you will know us by the trail of the dead and I can't get enough of them. downloaded Century of Self when it first came out, listened to it once, liked it, then never went back for some reason, then tried it again a couple of days ago and now I'm like YO DAT SHIT IS PHAT and stuff. gonna make a cd of Source Tags and Codes for my trip down to THE BEACH in a couple of weeks. always good to have a new album to take you through a big road trip.
True story, I played a show with them when I was in a band called L'spaerow, and then played the first will/fill show with one of the bands their ex-members formed (they were called AM Syndicate). Still stay in touch with them...really nice people./brags

so what I gleaned from that attempted brag was that you were in a band with the name of "L'spaerow." stinky the grump hasn't even heard any shit that gay.

so what I gleaned from that attempted brag was that you were in a band with the name of "L'spaerow." stinky the grump hasn't even heard any shit that gay.
it's true, that was the richard simmons of band names
Winger - "Miles Away" (single)LCD Soundsystem - This Is HappeningMathangi Arulpragasm - MAYALaura Marling - I Speak Because I CanMGMT - CongratulationsBig Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico DustyNorah Jones - The Fall
ok, so the only ones of these I don't have yet are MIA, Laura Marling, and Norah Jones (well, I don't have winger either, but I will not download anything by Stewart's favorite band. won't happen.) downloading laura marling right now. she's cute so far, so that's good.lcd - I'm really not a big fan in general, didn't think SOS was all that great, though I do enjoy it every now and again. dance yrslf clean and all I want are enjoyable, but the rest i could take or leave really. I think I really lost my interest in lcd when I saw a video of james murphy performing live. dude is old and fat. I can't know my music is coming from that. just can't do it.mgmt - man, I wanted to like it so bad but i just can't. what's weird is that I know that it's good, it's just not my kind of good. I'm just not into the whole david byrne weird synth style stuff.big boi - have been enjoying this quite a bit. probably need to make a cd of it for THE BEACH. good call.also, something that I just noticed that is bothering me: ...aywkubttotd's source tags and codes was rated a perfect 10, but in the top albums of the decade it is only #100. how the fuck is that even possible? god damn dumb ass pitchfork turd tumblers.

I posted a link to download the MIA album sometime in the last few pages. Should still be working for awhile. I listened to it a couple times when it first came out and enjoyed it, but since then I've actually been totally turned off by it whenever I try to listen (or hear it by accident). Probably just haven't been in the right mood though.

anybody else still occasionally throw on a pair of headphones and xtal by aphex twin to remind themselves that music can still give them the chills?me neither

as a reflection on my mood level, I have been listening to m83 quite a fucking lot. no fewer than five times have I found myself jarred awake from half asleep by the talking in the middle of "graveyard girl." it just creeps me the fuck out every time, because I mean, I can't differentiate it from someone in the room talking to me.

man, a song that completely melted my brain with its hottness yesterday as i was driving and listening to the radio was "easy lover" by philip bailey and phil collins. holy hellhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xY_cPenSs
seriously, the voting system youtube implemented for comments was the best decision they ever made
this song is so bad ass. Makes me drive like a maniac. I ran from a cop once and I told him it was Phil that made me do it and he said "I know what you mean" Let me go. Thanks Phil.
oh and dutch, I watched the entire series of the wire over my hiatus and great googly moogly what an awesome show. not sure why I'm directing this towards you and towards you in here, but there it is.
You should bump the wire thread. I'm watching it again with my roommate who's never seen it, and it just doesn't get boring even on like my 3rd or 4th viewing now. There are so many ridiculously great characters. Fucking Bunk! Can you imagine a world where Bunk doesn't exist? Bubbles? Fuck! Marlo, Snoop, goddam McNulty, Clay Davis, Stringer goddam Bell, Frank Sobotka, Omar Little - that one show probably has as many all-time-classic characters as every movie from the last 30 years combined.Did he have hands? Did he have a face? (I just finished season 2)

that ray lamontague dude has always been nails on a chalkboard for me. his voice sounds SOOO forced and dishonest. like, i wonder what it would sound like if he tried to sing normally. that fucking 'trouble' song or whatever that you heard everywhere for a while...yeah, it just burns my ass.