• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Ugly Kid Joe after about a 17 year absence.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion in this thread about Prefuse 73 (I did a forum search). I just got Vocal Studies + Uprock Narratives, and I'm really digging what I've heard so far. Any thoughts on that album and/or his other albums? Or jokes about how I've been so totally out of the loop for about 10 years on like everything?Edit: RonBurgundy mentioned him last week, but had foiled my search attempt by omitting a space. I also just got Slime & Reason, having never heard Roots Manuva before. Is that a bad place to start with him/is he awesome?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion in this thread about Prefuse 73 (I did a forum search). I just got Vocal Studies + Uprock Narratives, and I'm really digging what I've heard so far. Any thoughts on that album and/or his other albums? Or jokes about how I've been so totally out of the loop for about 10 years on like everything?Edit: RonBurgundy mentioned him last week, but had foiled my search attempt by omitting a space. I also just got Slime & Reason, having never heard Roots Manuva before. Is that a bad place to start with him/is he awesome?
i saw prefuse in '03ish when he came through. twas loud.roots manuva i've always liked, run come save me still my fav from '01.more importantly:BURIAL/FOUR TET collaboration or split or something called Moth/Wolf Cubhttp://what.cd/torrents.php?id=468113i am downloading with fully erect anticipation
I have no idea anything about who or what this is, but apparently people in this thread respect you or something crazy so I'll check it out.
I think it's dubstep, so if you like music with two beats per minute and some weird woman singing in the background in aramaic then you'll LOVE it.
more importantly:BURIAL/FOUR TET collaboration or split or something called Moth/Wolf Cubi am downloading with fully erect anticipation
I saw this at 5:30, while I was in the computer lab working on a homework assignment for my Information Systems class that was due at midnight. I started it around 3, and just finished about 20 minutes ago (11:40). The assignment was absurdly long. 8+ hours on a homework for me is unprecedented. That's not hyperbole; I have never spent this much time doing a simple homework assignment, at any level of education. I wrote 8+ pages, single spaced, answering 13 questions, and had to build a pretty complex Excel spreadsheet. Do you know how much more torturous that experience was after I read the above? By the time I got back to the crib, I was frothing/trembling with excitement.
I have no idea anything about who or what this is, but apparently people in this thread respect you or something crazy so I'll check it out.
There are a handful of men I would fellate if asked, and Kieran Hebden (aka Four Tet) is one of them. William Bevan (aka Burial) isn't on that short list, yet, but he's been well on his way since I listened to Untrue for the first time in 2007. I think they went to school together or something, I dunno.
sounds completely like both of them, pretty amazing.
Yeah, I was really confused as to how this was going to work, but it sounds pretty much like Four Tet and Burial making tunes.
grab this: http://what.cd/torrents.php?id=12968&torrentid=151636 or the flac if you have the ratio to spare (or i could ul a flac of this album if anyone wants it because you really don't want to lose any of the sonic detail) and listen to "distant lights" on a good set of speakers or headphones. this album to me is as important as things like revolver, pet sounds, loveless, downward spiral etc in terms of how it pushed forward what a record could be.

I just got back from a Shins concert. It actually was pretty good and they put on a really interest. I was especially happy that they covered one of my favorite songs of all time:Dry the Rain, by the Beta Band.If you haven't heard that song, download it now and enjoy. I rarely support the downloading of a single song at a time because I believe that whole albums are so much more satisfying, but seriously, heed my words. Great, great song.Also, yes, Grizzly Man, and pretty much everything else by Werner Herzog, is amazing.

Fun day for music. I spent most of the day listening to the new Grizzly Bear, and then the Burial/Four Tet collaboration late this evening.The Twilight Sad are releasing a follow-up to Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters, which I enjoyed quite a bit, even though listening to the singer emotify it up was slightly emasculating.Also: Radiohead's back in studio. They're going to break up sooner or later, and before they do they'll probably release a clunker of an album, but there are no signs that they're approaching that point just yet.

Also, yes, Grizzly Man, and pretty much everything else by Werner Herzog, is amazing.
This. Encounters At The End of the World was fantastic.Also, the soundtrack to Grizzly Man is wonderful.