• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Well, thank goodness they got me before they stopped! a-holes.
im not sure what this sentence means. are you talking about the venue?
A.C. album coming out January 20, 2009
so I guess nobody likes my best of 2008 mix. FINE. I didn't want you guys to listen to it anyways!(crying, not brave)
a tracklist would be useful so i could see if there's anything i don't have
a tracklist would be useful so i could see if there's anything i don't have
it's supposed to be a surprise. but I'll do it when I get home. but I'm sure you have them all anyways. you do have the new ac/dc and guns n roses, right?
so I guess nobody likes my best of 2008 mix. FINE. I didn't want you guys to listen to it anyways!(crying, not brave)
I downloaded it Sally... I even had to go through the trouble of downloading jzip(I have it playing in the background right now)
FYPall of them
Nah nah, like were you talking about Zooey or Ben? I find them both unflattering, and this is mainly because Zooey freaks the hell out of me with her mannerisms and her portrayal in interviews.
Nah nah, like were you talking about Zooey or Ben? I find them both unflattering, and this is mainly because Zooey freaks the hell out of me with her mannerisms and her portrayal in interviews.
ben gibbard as primo hollywood tail is tough
so the truth is i'd be lying if i said i didn't like 'nothing ever happened' by deerhunter. BUT it's only because it's the coolest sonic youth song i've heard in 6 years.
So you're saying the song's awesome because it kind of (but not really) has a sonic youth sound? I must have heard a different version.
further proof that even if you write the gheyest songs of all-time and are dog ugly, as long as you are a musician of even minor acclaim you can bag primo hollywood tail:http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...gibbard-engaged
WeirdI watched the movie Manic a few hours ago and couldn't place this chick. Worst camera work ever btw. Also, Thurston Moore was supposed to have done some music for the film but the only song I'm certain he wrote/performed was the final song during the end scene and credits. Alright, not so weird. Does anyone else get a strange intermittent electronic sound when listening to itunes through headphones? It's only noticeable when I don't have a song playing and it goes away when I close itunes.
Does anyone else get a strange intermittent electronic sound when listening to itunes through headphones? It's only noticeable when I don't have a song playing and it goes away when I close itunes.
if you are on a mac, it could be the faulty headphone out connection they pawned off on me and thousands of other suckers

So, at exactly 12:00 last night, my friends and I decided to celebrate the New Year by blasting "Brothersport," which is the final song of Merriweather Post Pavilion. And now I'm pretty sure that it'll be stuck in my head for the next 365 days both because it's such an amazing song and, if you've ever heard it, you'll know how much potential it has for being stuck in one's head. I view the song as Animal Collective's Idioteque."...Open up your open up your open up your open up your...."

I accidentally heard a song on Sirius by the Vivian Girls. It caught my ear. After NavyButtons clued me in on the obscure pop reference, I Googled the band and was linked to a myspace. I learned they only had 4 songs recorded and no album. Last night I found out they made an album. After a single listening, I pretty much love the shit out of it. So yea, Vivian Girls.
You might want to check out an album called "How I learned to write backwards" by the Aislers Set.
You might want to check out an album called "How I learned to write backwards" by the Aislers Set.
Alright, so I checked a website I use that offers albums so that you can listen to them and then go out and "buy" the music.....or something like that. They didn't have this album or anything by this band which intrigued me since they pretty much have everything. The only place I could find some songs was on youtube and their myspace page. I gotta say, I don't dig this music the same way I dig the Vivian Girls. It's hard for me to put my finger on why. It could have something to do with not listening to an entire album (requirement to pass judgment on any band), my mood on the first listening, the organ work or the overproduced clean sounding songs they chose to put on myspace. I'm not really sure what it is but seriously, thanks for the recommendation. I'm always up for checking out bands I haven't heard.

Went to the record store with a couple of friends today, picked up the new Q-Tip that y'all have been raving about. While there, on a friend's recommendation, got Raphael Saadiq's "The Way I See It". If you dig old soul-type stuff, I highly recommend it. Very good stuff, except the throwaway last track with Jay-Z, which doesn't really fit with the rest of the album. My favorite track is probably "Never Give You Up" featuring Stevie Wonder and CJ Hilton.

If I wanted to get into the indie rock scene, where should I start? I mean, how do you guys find out about these bands? Blogs? Help me out here.Thanks.
Start with a pair of converse, some skinny jeans, and get tattoos that reference your favorite Chuck Pahliniuk novel. Then find a slightly chubby, bookish girl with dyed black hair and steal her ipod.
Start with a pair of converse, some skinny jeans, and get tattoos that reference your favorite Chuck Pahliniuk novel. Then find a slightly chubby, bookish girl with dyed black hair and steal her ipod.
I like none of your suggestions and would apreciate a serious response to my serious question. Thank you and good day, sir.