• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Shipping MK's 80s mix... now.Also, I'm demanding, on or before Jan 10th., a mixtape entitled "The Best of 2007." From each of you. MK, LLY, Dutch, all of you clowns. The Best of 2007. IF you wish, you can make one for a specific genre (The Best of Rap, The Best of Dubstep, The Best of Blah).Go.

Shipping MK's 80s mix... now.Also, I'm demanding, on or before Jan 10th., a mixtape entitled "The Best of 2007." From each of you. MK, LLY, Dutch, all of you clowns. The Best of 2007. IF you wish, you can make one for a specific genre (The Best of Rap, The Best of Dubstep, The Best of Blah).Go.
I'll be interested in hearing these too since I don't recall much coming out this year I've liked, but I don't pay as much attention to music as I used to.
If I can ever get time to sit down and give it the time it deserves, I will certainly knock one of these out. 2007 has been a great, great effing year for music, personally.

Hmmm...I'll certainly give the Best-of List a try, but it's all pretty muddy right now; I have no clue what's from this year; I've easily heard more than 100 times as much music this year as I have in the other 20 years of my life combined.

The Best of 2007.
1. "15 Step" 2. "Bodysnatchers" 3. "Nude" 4. "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" 5. "All I Need" 6. "Faust Arp" 7. "Reckoner" 8. "House of Cards" 9. "Jigsaw Falling into Place" 10. "Videotape"Done. Kidding, I'll see what I can do about the real one.

"Remember me? Clean Timbs with an emeryboard/ I only came to save the game like a memory card."Vaudeville Villain. Also, and their are a handful of songs that I'm obsessed with, that to me have a similar electronic/rock feel, like Gash (Flaming Lips), Stay Don't Go (Spoon), some Wilco stuff, etc (I leave out Radiohead, though in theory I suppose they've really pwned all ever the ballpark I'm looking at). Anyone aware of some other good stuff like this? Does this show how little I know about music?

The Field- From Here We Go To SublimeI don't know what it is about this album, but I find it absolutely mesmerizing.I can put it on at any point on any given day and enjoy it 100%.

David Bowie makes my head hurt. I've been trying to sink my teeth into Bowie since I was like eleven, but his catalog is so dauntingly confusing to me that I've never really sat down and listened. That track mk put on his mix absolutely blew my balls away, so I downloaded a few albums, filling out my unlisted-to collecting to Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, Young Americans, Low, "Heroes," Lodger (although it's still waiting for seeders, somehow), and Scary Monsters.Can someone tell me what's good, if there are others I need first, and basically what to listen to, when, and why?

David Bowie makes my head hurt. I've been trying to sink my teeth into Bowie since I was like eleven, but his catalog is so dauntingly confusing to me that I've never really sat down and listened. That track mk put on his mix absolutely blew my balls away, so I downloaded a few albums, filling out my unlisted-to collecting to Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, Young Americans, Low, "Heroes," Lodger (although it's still waiting for seeders, somehow), and Scary Monsters.Can someone tell me what's good, if there are others I need first, and basically what to listen to, when, and why?
If you're confused where to start, I'd go with Ziggy. It's wild, weird, and fantastic. Bowie's a bit all over the place, he does all kinds of crazy things with his albums, and most of the ones you've listed are great.
That track mk put on his mix absolutely blew my balls away
heh, isn't that song ridiculous? all the albums you listed are great imo. i would add station to station to your list. but yeah, it certainly takes some getting used to how all over the place his catalog is. i generally advise people to go a little bit at a time with bowie. if you try to absorb it all really quickly your ears probably won't get attached to much.i've been binging hard on steely dan this week. aja is sooooooooo good.

Okay so I just heard Juliette and the Licks this morning on my way to work. I only heard one song, but it was pretty kick ass. They were doing an interview with her and she is pretty cool. It is Juliette Lewis who is a great actress in her own right, but I just remember her as the sex loving nympho in Old School, anyway apparently she has a great voice as well.Anyone else hear her yet?

dead01.jpg
I'm sorryI've been trying new stuff out recently. somebody in here mentioned broken social scene recently, and I've got a few of their songs, and just got one of their albums. can't remember which one right now, but its the one somebody recommended I believe. I'm really digging them. also, that RJD2 jive is really the tits man. that is some of the best beats in the whole wide world.also, has everybody been listening to the bonus radiohead stuff? I haven't got it yet and have refused to listen to it until the actual cd gets here, but I thought most of you downloaded it already. I ask because nobody's been discussing it. is it horrible or something? are they all just covers of show tunes?