what music are you guys listening to?

Off the top of my head, my favorite Radiohead B-sides are:How I Made My MillionsTrue Love WaitsTalk Show Host (from Street Spirit, not the one on Romeo and Juliet)PolyetheleneBig Ideas Don't Get Any (aka Nude)ReckonerAmazing Sounds of OrgyI have like a million favorites, but that list is probably my top 7, in order. The top 3 are all basically tied, though.Wang

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

yeah i like a bunch of the older ones like killer cars, maquiladora, how can u be sure, polyethylene, meeting in the aisle, etc.there were a ton of sweet ones off HTTF of which i know none by name......

yeah i like a bunch of the older ones like killer cars, maquiladora, how can u be sure, polyethylene, meeting in the aisle, etc.there were a ton of sweet ones off HTTF of which i know none by name......
I love that song. The ones from HttF that I remember were Gagging Order, Paperbag Writer, Where Bluebirds Fly, and I Am Citizen Insane. I think there was another one that I forgot, though
I really enjoy "Gagging Order" and "Fog." Those are pretty effin sweet songs.
Yes yes.
permanent daylight is my favorite b side
I remember somebody telling me this was inspired somehow by Sonic Youth. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I think the guitar sounds a little Sonic Youthy. Wang
I love that song. The ones from HttF that I remember were Gagging Order, Paperbag Writer, Where Bluebirds Fly, and I Am Citizen Insane. I think there was another one that I forgot, though
yes, gfdi that song is sweet. the string sample is from some bernard hermann score i think.

I just relistened to some Animal Collective. Man, I was wrong: Feels is the shit. I don't know what about it I didn't used to like. I found it a little tuneless and boring in the past, but this time I thought it was really catchy.

yes, gfdi that song is sweet. the string sample is from some bernard hermann score i think.
I also forgot to mention Wicked Child, which I always forget was technically a B-side from one of the HttT singles, since it had been around for years. I think.I also should mention that Reckoner is not, actually, a B-side. It's an unreleased track they played around the time Amnesiac came out. So, not a B-side. I get myself confused sometimes because I download all the tracks, and forget where they came from.
I just relistened to some Animal Collective. Man, I was wrong: Feels is the shit. I don't know what about it I didn't used to like. I found it a little tuneless and boring in the past, but this time I thought it was really catchy.
"Did You See the Words" and "Grass" -- the first two tracks on the album -- are two of their catchiest efforts period as far as I'm concerned.
...Not to say I didn't like it at all before; I actually liked it quite a bit. Just never really got too into it.
I felt the same way about the band as a whole for a time.Wang

I had a long week, full of exams that I didn't prepare for (because I'm an arrogant prick), long work hours, and other stuff that I'm not used to dealing with. So I decided to make a "Rollicking Mix." Hopefully the name implies what I'm looking for. It should be carefree, uptempo, fun, etc. I'm going mostly with anthemic sounding rock I can listen to while doing 95 in a 50 with my windows down. Some songs I have so far:TV on the Radio- Wolf Like MeWhite Rabbits- Kid on My ShouldersThe Wrens- Everyone Choose SidesWolf Parade- Shine a LightThe Strokes- ReptiliaRadiohead- ElectioneeringLCD Soundsystem- Daft Punk is Playing at My HouseJustice- Let There Be LightThis is off the top of my head, and is probably just stuff that I've heard recently that I think would fit well. Please, fire off suggestions. I'm sure I'm going to add some Zeppelin before this is all over, just because I pretty much throw Zeppelin on every mix, because they rock so hard.Wang

/bookmarkpage11Better late than never. I'm just being fashionably late. For the first 9 pages, Wang is the clear winner with excellent assists by Burgundy.

Dubitty Dub Dub post.
never heard of em'
So today in school, I was listening to Sister from Sonic Youth and my friend walks by and looks at my iPod and says "Sonic Youth sucks." Being the music elitist I think I am my first response is to make him feel dumb. Instead, I asked him why he thinks this way. He says "they're so unoriginal, so many bands today sound like them, they need to come up with their own style of music." I chuckled and have been listening to them ever since.Right now, Daydream Nation. Fucking amazing.
This is in my top ten greatest albums of all time.
heres to you - the life aquatic (best movie ever) official soundtracksounds like church music but i like it for some reason.
What's the french dudes name that plays covers on his acoustic guitar? I think he released a new album a few months ago, but I can't even remember his name so don't hold me to that.edit: holy fuck, 89 pages?! I also forgot to mention wrt King Crimson, Robert Fripp's League of Crafty Guitarists is worth checking out.

I'm listening to the new Iron and Wine album, "The Shepard's Dog." It's pretty darn good, I'm really digging it so far. I'll have to spin it a few more times, but at this point I think I can recommend it.

I'm listening to the new Iron and Wine album, "The Shepard's Dog." It's pretty darn good, I'm really digging it so far. I'll have to spin it a few more times, but at this point I think I can recommend it.
I heard that weeks ago; I jacked it based solely on a picture of a band member with a cool beard. It was like a 7.5 for me, but I'll listen again.
i would punch that whiny ho right in his vag.
Me, too. Something about Connor Oberst has always really, REALLY bothered me. I think it has something to do with how much women adore his bitchy lyrics. I conclude that he is a faggot. I got a new 4G iPod nano that fell off a truck the other day. Sixty bucks, and it came with a portable wall-adapter charger thing. Working with ex-felons is really, really great. Nobody can ever fuck with me, either, because they are huge and I consistently forgive their debts and give them sound advice on a wide-range of topics.Yes, this is who you think it is. I'm in disguise, so try not to use my name (real, or former online identity) if possible. Roar