• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Man, this thread is gay this week.The Unicorns, again. (Nice call, Wang.)
"Th' Corn Gangg is an indie pop/ hip-hop band from Montreal, Canada. The band was founded by Jamie Thompson and Nicholas Thorburn as a direct off-shoot project of The Unicorns several months prior to their December 2004 break-up, but prior to the formation of Islands by those same two musicians.Th' Corn Gangg was involved with several projects with Subtitle, Busdriver, and Vic Booz playing several shows and remixing songs such as the North American Hallowe'en Prevention Initiative's single, "Do They Know It's Hallowe'en?" and Islands' "Rough Gem", but has not yet recorded an album.They are important as a curious bit of history between the end of the Unicorns time as a band and the beginning of Islands, the now functioning post Unicorns band. The time spent with Th' Corn Gangg can clearly be seen in Islands' brief foray into hip hop halfway through the song Where There's a Will There's a Whalebone, a song originally performed by Th' Corn Gangg.Recent interviews have indicated that Th'Corn Gangg is still an active project, despite Thompson's departure from Islands. "wikiim not sure if their songs are available anywhere but i just thought since youve been raving about both busdriver and the unicorns it might be a nice find.current:peter bjorn and johnmos def
I just started listening to Caribou -- I downloaded The Milk of Human Kindness as well as Andorra -- and it's sweet. I've had those two discs on loop for the past 72 hours or so.
I fucking love Andorra. I haven't checked out The Milk of Human Kindness yet.
Yeah.I heard it's not out-of-this-world, but I haven't had the opportunity to spin it yet.
I really dig the singles, and whatever song they played during the credits of Entourage last week. I'm looking forward to the album.

I got the new Kanye now, on my second listen and I think this is his worst release. It's still better than 85% of other music getting put out, but this one seems really up and down and not as consistent as his previous releases.

So I got a really bad virus and I have to reinstall Windows, and I'm probably going to lose 50%+ of my music, and I can't download music as previously mentioned, awesome.

hey im thinking about setting up a music website of some sort that will hopefully make me some kind of money on the side through affiliate sales. would any of you want to write album reviews? it wouldnt be a paid gig. maybe if i actually start making some money it would.

So I got a really bad virus and I have to reinstall Windows, and I'm probably going to lose 50%+ of my music, and I can't download music as previously mentioned, awesome.
Bad news bears. This is why I'm glad that I buy all my music on CD's. I like to at least have something tangible, something that I can display on a shelf or whatever, and something that can't be deleted.There must be a way to keep your music, though. Talk to a smart techy guy before you reformat and see what he has to say (if you're not one yourself, that is).
hey im thinking about setting up a music website of some sort that will hopefully make me some kind of money on the side through affiliate sales. would any of you want to write album reviews? it wouldnt be a paid gig. maybe if i actually start making some money it would.
I'd be willing to contribute in pretty much any way that I'm qualified, writing other things, maybe, but reviewing records is not something I'd be very good at.
Bad news bears. This is why I'm glad that I buy all my music on CD's. I like to at least have something tangible, something that I can display on a shelf or whatever, and something that can't be deleted.There must be a way to keep your music, though. Talk to a smart techy guy before you reformat and see what he has to say (if you're not one yourself, that is).
I've been thinking of ways to do that but I realized I'm retarded at these things and none of my ideas would work. I backed up my entire computer about a year ago in case something like this ever did happen, so I should have a significant chunk of music, but also a significant chunk gone.
I've been thinking of ways to do that but I realized I'm retarded at these things and none of my ideas would work. I backed up my entire computer about a year ago in case something like this ever did happen, so I should have a significant chunk of music, but also a significant chunk gone.
What did you backup onto? Do you have an external drive you can use? Have you tried restarting in safe-mode and backing up from there?
What did you backup onto? Do you have an external drive you can use? Have you tried restarting in safe-mode and backing up from there?
Well when I first got my computer (an HP) I was asked to make backup disks by the computer, so I backed up my entire computer onto like 6 DVD's (which I left at home accidentally). So I'm waiting for those to come in the mail, and I'm afraid that if I tried to put them on an external hard drive the virus could spread onto it (at least that's what my dad told me), and I don't know what restarting in safe-mode is, so no I haven't thought of it.
Well when I first got my computer (an HP) I was asked to make backup disks by the computer, so I backed up my entire computer onto like 6 DVD's (which I left at home accidentally). So I'm waiting for those to come in the mail, and I'm afraid that if I tried to put them on an external hard drive the virus could spread onto it (at least that's what my dad told me), and I don't know what restarting in safe-mode is, so no I haven't thought of it.
OK, I thought you couldn't backup because you couldn't get in. How/where do you store your music?

so for whatever reason every thread is listed as unread even though they're not. I click the orange thing for this thread and it takes me to the last post. Blah. Not that I'd actually go out and get all this music you guys recommend, but I only open this thread once a month and do a cool catchup (yes I'm easily entertained)

No idea, since I lived in the dorm last year we were all on the same network, but I knew of a lot of people that did it anyway. I did it all year and was fine, then literally the last day of school I got an email from administration saying they caught me downloading an episode of Entourage of all ****ing things. I took some quiz about pirating which basically consisted of "Is downloading copyrighted material legal? Y or N" so I did that, but my next offense I could face disciplinary action through the school, then any further offense I could face legal action. Whatever, I'll just have download a shit ton of music whenever I go back home.
My dorms had a T1 connection back when Napster was in its heyday. Too bad that harddrive of mine crapped out. Also it sucked for the suckers who the year after and had major restrictions on bandwidth.So, basically I'm not listening to anything at the moment. sorry. I know you're hugely disappointed. Well actually I listened to the track Distinguished Jamaican English by Phi Life Cypher the other day. I don't remember why I just listened to one song or that track specifically, but whatever. No one read this far anyway.