what music are you guys listening to?

Who's still on who knows about music? Through a series of bad decisions and happenstances, the length of which would bore and confuse, I have to review a 6-page paper written about The Mars Volta. I guess I’ll start out by actually listening to their music. Anyone know a good place to start?
As in, what songs/albums to listen to?Start with the Deloused in the Comatorium (sp?) album. Alter your mental state in some way before hand.
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

As in, what songs/albums to listen to?Start with the Deloused in the Comatorium (sp?) album. Alter your mental state in some way before hand.
This guy speaks the truth. Such a great great album.
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots of different stuff. AC (Carl) Newman, Regina Spektor, Lily Allen, The Roots (a lot, actually...), Eric B & Rakim.

I've listened to Neon Bible a few times and I like Funeral better. Neon Bible is still good, though.I've also been listening to Brand New, M. Ward, and a bunch of brit rock.

I've been going pretty nuts with the band Deerhoof lately and have been "spinning" (I guess my computer hard drive does spin, so the term still sort of counts) the following albums:Apple O'Friend Opportunity (their new one)The Runners FourI've been getting really into their music. They're a pretty crazy and fantastic band and I highly recommend them to anyone who is into... uh... crazy guitar symphonies and solos with a meek Japanese voice and hard drum beats... or something.I also listened to "I am a bird now" by Antony and the Johnsons. I'm not sure if anyone has that album, but it's basically the saddest album of all time. It's also one of the best.Finally, I'm looking forward to the new Arcade Fire since I was a huge fan of Funeral.

I also listened to "I am a bird now" by Antony and the Johnsons. I'm not sure if anyone has that album, but it's basically the saddest album of all time. It's also one of the best.
I have it, and I agree with you. I also have Deerhoof in my current poker rotation.

Deerhoof is sooooo good.Lately I've just been listening to swedish bands. Sweden is just basically better than everyone else at music.The KnifeJose GonzalezI'm From BarcelonaRefused

Deerhoof is sooooo good.Lately I've just been listening to swedish bands. Sweden is just basically better than everyone else at music.The KnifeJose GonzalezI'm From BarcelonaRefused
ABBA?
right now listening to the clash......so underrated
I love The Clash dearly, but who really underrates them? I think most major and/or respected sources rightfully recognize them as one of the greatest bands of all time.
I love The Clash dearly, but who really underrates them? I think most major and/or respected sources rightfully recognize them as one of the greatest bands of all time.
I don't really care for them, but I also don't care much for the Doors either.
i dont think the average music fan of today really has an understanding of the clash. i mean espically kids that are into rock music. i may be generalizing a bit, but i really doubt they get it. shrug, what do i know..
i dont think the average music fan of today really has an understanding of the clash. i mean espically kids that are into rock music. i may be generalizing a bit, but i really doubt they get it. shrug, what do i know..
I can see where you're coming from there, for sure. I would probably call them forgotten as opposed to underrated, but that's really just splitting hairs. I'm 21, but I know a lot of people my age and younger aren't terribly familiar with The Clash, and I think that's sad. One of my favorite all-time bands. I kinda feel like listening to The Magnificent Seven now...
I've been going pretty nuts with the band Deerhoof lately and have been "spinning" (I guess my computer hard drive does spin, so the term still sort of counts) the following albums:Apple O'Friend Opportunity (their new one)The Runners FourI've been getting really into their music. They're a pretty crazy and fantastic band and I highly recommend them to anyone who is into... uh... crazy guitar symphonies and solos with a meek Japanese voice and hard drum beats... or something.I also listened to "I am a bird now" by Antony and the Johnsons. I'm not sure if anyone has that album, but it's basically the saddest album of all time. It's also one of the best.Finally, I'm looking forward to the new Arcade Fire since I was a huge fan of Funeral.
once i got super drunk with deerhoof, so drunk, in fact, that i thought i was going to get to make out with the lead singer (who is, like, super cute in real life).we didn't make out, but they put on a wicked house show and i did get pretty hammered, so it was a good night. i think.and i also really dig their new album.