what music are you guys listening to?

she's playing a show in chicago at the greatest venue in the world on thurs feb 8. i just checked and tickets are still available. might be worth checking out. i'm going to see the shins the following saturday... good weekend for live music.
That might just be worth it. I just always question how well music like that would translate to live..that light, fluffy, pop sound.. Of course, that might come from accidentally having seen Marcy Playground live.
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Of Montreal- Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
I've heard great things about this album. Worth getting?I just got yesterday the new Deerhoof and the new Menomena, and they're both pretty good. Anyone else into that type of music?
I've heard great things about this album. Worth getting?I just got yesterday the new Deerhoof and the new Menomena, and they're both pretty good. Anyone else into that type of music?
deerhoof is playing here saturday night. i was thinking about checking them out. i'm not familiar with a lot of their catalog...
Definately worth checking out.I'll have to check out that new Deerhoof, I'm definately a fan of their other work.
deerhoof is playing here saturday night. i was thinking about checking them out. i'm not familiar with a lot of their catalog...
They put on a pretty awesome show from what I hear. I enjoy Lily Allen but that makes me a great big giant ******. She looks all British, but I'd knock a tooth out.
fyp?
I don't know beards from ballhair when it comes to piano playing, I just go by how hard it sounds. Intro to "Angry Young Man" seems like it'd be either really hard or really easy, but some of the runs he does on the live CD are pretty sick. He is a great songwriter, and does seem like he has several addictions, which is always a plus.

Pitchfork finally got around to writing a proper review of Villalobos's Fizheuer Zieheuer despite it having been out for months. One 37 minute song, and it was probably my favorite record of 2006. Highly recommended - what I would describe as 'real' idm.

I've been on a Deftones kick lately. I picked up their "B-Sides & Rarities" and there's an awesome acoustic version of "Change (In The House Of Flies)."

Currently listening to:Liquid Tension Experiment - Freedom of Speech (9:19)

listening to alot of police right now as well steely dan
rumors of a police reunion for a big summer tour. this would make life worth living.edit: guess i'll have to watch 5 minutes of the grammys this year. [shudder]