• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Cookie mountain is both a great CD and a great level in Super Mario World for the SNES.Has anyone listened to any of the following enough to have opinions/reviews. I'm going to go shopping for CD's at some point:The new Decemberists AlbumThe new BeckThe new Hold SteadyOr any other suggestions for new music.
I think the new Beck is very good, but I can't be of a lot of help here. I would like anything Beck made.

Who can reccomend the best Death Cab album for me? Not the most popular, but your favorite. I have "We have the facts and we're voting yes" plus "summer skin" and "I will follow you into the dark" and "crooked teeth" from plans, but that is the extent of my death cab library.

Who can reccomend the best Death Cab album for me? Not the most popular, but your favorite. I have "We have the facts and we're voting yes" plus "summer skin" and "I will follow you into the dark" and "crooked teeth" from plans, but that is the extent of my death cab library.
My favorite is probably The Photo Album, but Transatlanticism and Plans are winners as well.Actually, I love the entire catalog. I wouldn't start with "You Can Play These Songs With Chords" though. Go with The Photo Album, Transatlanticism, Plans, and then if you're feeling saucy, throw in Something About Airplanes.
My favorite is probably The Photo Album, but Transatlanticism and Plans are winners as well.Actually, I love the entire catalog. I wouldn't start with "You Can Play These Songs With Chords" though. Go with The Photo Album, Transatlanticism, Plans, and then if you're feeling saucy, throw in Something About Airplanes.
So if I'm looking to buy only one of those tonight, which should I get?
So if I'm looking to buy only one of those tonight, which should I get?
That's tough. Transatlanticism is probably their best album, so I'd say start there.
That's tough. Transatlanticism is probably their best album, so I'd say start there.
Truth.that album is soooooooooooooooooooooo good. It's in my top 10 for sure.

I just wanted to say that the new "The Hold Steady" album "Boys and Girls in America" is one of the- if not the- best album of the year.I've always been a big fan, and "Separation Sunday" was one of my favorite albums of the last few years. "Boys and Girls..." Might be even better. If you haven't listened to them before, give them a shot. It's probably cliche to describe them as such, but they're like a sweet Bar Band. Great hooks, Great riffs, lots of drum fills and big guitar up front. Sweet band. I'd either start with this album, or "Separation Sunday." Crain Finn writes some pretty cool/fun lyrics. Wang

his lyrics are cool, but i can't take his voice. unlistenable to these ears.
Yeah, I love it. Sounds perfect to me. Goes with everything else. He sounds drunk while he's singing about how blotto he is.Wang

Started last night:"Yo La Tengo- "I am am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass."I might suddenly like this more than the new The Hold Steady. It's been a great week for Wangman's music collection. Wang

Stuff I need to hear:New DecemberistsNew BeckNew KillersI'm also gonna check out The Hold Steady because of your recommendation, Wang.

Stuff I need to hear:New DecemberistsNew BeckNew KillersI'm also gonna check out The Hold Steady because of your recommendation, Wang.
I'd listen to "Separation Sunday" first... and listen to it all the way though. Barroom up-rock with recurring characters.Wang
I'd listen to "Separation Sunday" first... and listen to it all the way though. Barroom up-rock with recurring characters.Wang
Sounds like a winner. I look forward to hearing it.Right now I'm listening to a little "Ella at Duke's Place" by Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington.

i have a show on college radio now so ive been getting leaks which is pretty sweet. like yall, the new beck, decemberists, and hold steady have been on play for about a week, with a little other stuff thrown in, including:of montreal (saw them live at duke a week or so ago. off the charts hilarious and amazing)neon blondeelliott smithairclipseart brut (whose live show is also kickass, saw them with we are scientists a bit ago)and right now the promo (leak) of the DFA Remixes Vol.2, reviewing it for the station. its really good.

i have a show on college radio now so ive been getting leaks which is pretty sweet. like yall, the new beck, decemberists, and hold steady have been on play for about a week, with a little other stuff thrown in, including:of montreal (saw them live at duke a week or so ago. off the charts hilarious and amazing)neon blondeelliott smithairclipseart brut (whose live show is also kickass, saw them with we are scientists a bit ago)and right now the promo (leak) of the DFA Remixes Vol.2, reviewing it for the station. its really good.
No lie, of montreal is pretty much amazing. I can't wait for their new album, and it doesn't come out till next year :club: