what music are you guys listening to?

Did I say that? No, I ws replying to this.I agree with you, there was barely anything like it. I was just saying that I think there was less like Kid A when it came out.They were both revelutionary in their own way.
Ah I see what you're saying. I just think OK hit, Kid A missed.
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Personally, I'm with bigkg. Kid A is my favorite Radiohead album. OK Computer is also amazing, though. Both are quite possibly in my all-time top 10.

you've never heard of Aphex Twin? or Boards of Canada? don't get me wrong, you guys know i love radiohead. but they really *aren't* as revolutionary as people give them credit for. they're a killer band, and thom has an incredible voice. but they still steal from other people.
Man, your smugitude is mind-blowing. Off the charts. Really.I can just picture you wearing, like, a tweed jacket with leather elbow-patches, smoking a pipe, wearing a monocle and a beard, and carrying around a ridiculous cane. Oh, and you may or may not wear a cape.I kinda have to side with BigKg here... The album to album sound-overhaul in their Bends-OK Computer-Kid A trilogy was pretty doggone original for a band of their popularity and stature. They followed up what lots of people were hailing as "The best album of all time" with an album designed to be nearly-unmarketable to, and unapproachable for, the casual fan. And you know how that went.Wang
Man, your smugitude is mind-blowing. Off the charts. Really.I can just picture you wearing, like, a tweed jacket with leather elbow-patches, smoking a pipe, wearing a monocle and a beard, and carrying around a ridiculous cane. Oh, and you may or may not wear a cape.I kinda have to side with BigKg here... The album to album sound-overhaul in their Bends-OK Computer-Kid A trilogy was pretty doggone original for a band of their popularity and stature. They followed up what lots of people were hailing as "The best album of all time" with an album designed to be nearly-unmarketable to, and unapproachable for, the casual fan. And you know how that went.Wang
Oh how great it is to see you in the music thread again.

The Decemberists - Picaresqueannddd...tomorrow I'll be listening to The Decemberists - The Crane WifeHe is Legend - Suck out the poisontomorrow is a good day for new releases.

I kinda have to side with BigKg here... The album to album sound-overhaul in their Bends-OK Computer-Kid A trilogy was pretty doggone original for a band of their popularity and stature. They followed up what lots of people were hailing as "The best album of all time" with an album designed to be nearly-unmarketable to, and unapproachable for, the casual fan. And you know how that went.
Oh, I agree that they transisitioned to new sounds better than anyone else ever has. So I agree with you and kg on that. But I think teavis was trying to say that they're doing things musically that have never been done before, which is pretty silly. so what we're saying then, is that if the music of radiohead were a mathematical function, the function itself isn't terribly groundbreaking, but the first derivative is pretty unique and groundbreaking. and a new level of music geekery is achieved.
Oh, I agree that they transisitioned to new sounds better than anyone else ever has. So I agree with you and kg on that. But I think teavis was trying to say that they're doing things musically that have never been done before, which is pretty silly.
I suppose my claim would be that the unique FUSION of sounds has never been done before as well as they've done it. I suppose much of this comes from the ever-increasing technology available to musicians and produces. Radiohead couldn't be Radiohead without Niles Godrich and Johnny's ProTools. Wang

I've been in a pretty big music rut lately, for some reason. I decided I needed a massive infusion of new sound in my life, so last week I went on a downloading spree and just started packing my iPod with bands I'd never heard before but came highly-reccomended. I'm currently enjoying:Professor Murder- Rides the Subway (EP) (love it; can't stop listening to "Free Stress Test")Tapes 'n Tapes- The Loon (I'd heard most of this before, but decided that I'd give them a legit shot, and I'm not disappointed)TV on the Radio- Return to Cookie Mountain (eh...)Bonnie 'Prince' Billy- The Letting Go (Good. Very good. Very Will Oldham. Which is good.)The Roots- Game Theory (Don't know how I missed this for so long. Roots have always been one of my favorites. Likey.)I'm going to tackle some Man Man, Belong, and some other stuff later. But now I gotta go out and get the new The Hold Steady. I'm going to get all drunk, put on the new The Hold Steady, turn the volume up, watch the Tigers game, and pretend I'm in a bar. Holy fuck, I'm excited!Wang

I've been in a pretty big music rut lately, for some reason. I decided I needed a massive infusion of new sound in my life, so last week I went on a downloading spree and just started packing my iPod with bands I'd never heard before but came highly-reccomended. I'm currently enjoying:Professor Murder- Rides the Subway (EP) (love it; can't stop listening to "Free Stress Test")Tapes 'n Tapes- The Loon (I'd heard most of this before, but decided that I'd give them a legit shot, and I'm not disappointed)TV on the Radio- Return to Cookie Mountain (eh...)Bonnie 'Prince' Billy- The Letting Go (Good. Very good. Very Will Oldham. Which is good.)The Roots- Game Theory (Don't know how I missed this for so long. Roots have always been one of my favorites. Likey.)I'm going to tackle some Man Man, Belong, and some other stuff later. But now I gotta go out and get the new The Hold Steady. I'm going to get all drunk, put on the new The Hold Steady, turn the volume up, watch the Tigers game, and pretend I'm in a bar. Holy fuck, I'm excited!Wang
That surprises me that you gave it an "eh" because this is one of my favorite albums of the year so far.Also if you haven't yet, check out Junior Boys- So This Is Goodbye
That surprises me that you gave it an "eh" because this is one of my favorite albums of the year so far.Also if you haven't yet, check out Junior Boys- So This Is Goodbye
Yeah, I just didn't love it, and I don't know why because everybody like me (18-25, lame indierocker) thinks it's great. I'll try it again. I generally trust your tastes, so I might just have to take a little more time.Yeah, I think I'll download that Junior Boys album tonight. Anything else I need to get my hands on?Wang

Uhhhh, I don't really know. I too have been slacking in the downloading new music department. I randomly download music, but it's mostly just completing my collections of certain bands.

Yeah, I just didn't love it, and I don't know why because everybody like me (18-25, lame indierocker) thinks it's great. I'll try it again.
You know what's sad? I fell out of this category last week. Old balls.
Just downloaded the new Beck album, about to give it a good run through.
I've had a leaked version for a while, but I still went out and picked it up last night. He's my man lover.
You know what's sad? I fell out of this category last week. Old balls. I've had a leaked version for a while, but I still went out and picked it up last night. He's my man lover.
I still got a good 6 1/2 years in that category.I gave it a quick listen last night, and I dig what I heard. I have to listen to it again to get a better feel for it.
I still got a good 6 1/2 years in that category.I gave it a quick listen last night, and I dig what I heard. I have to listen to it again to get a better feel for it.
I'm replying in this thread so it won't fall off the first page. It's my favorite thread on this whole fucking board, and I never bump stuff, but I feel compelled...Anyway, I'm liking that TV on the Radio disck more and more after every listen. I still don't have a great ear for it yet, but I'm pretty certain I'll like it a lot more in a few weeks. The Professor Murder stuff is still blowing my mind though, as well as the Tapes 'N Tapes album.RockWang
Yeah, I really like The Loon too. But gd, Dark Star is such a hot track. I've been listening to new beck nonstop.
mk, quick question. Would you go gay for Beck?
Anyway, I'm liking that TV on the Radio disck more and more after every listen. I still don't have a great ear for it yet, but I'm pretty certain I'll like it a lot more in a few weeks.
Cookie mountain is both a great CD and a great level in Super Mario World for the SNES.Has anyone listened to any of the following enough to have opinions/reviews. I'm going to go shopping for CD's at some point:The new Decemberists AlbumThe new BeckThe new Hold SteadyOr any other suggestions for new music.