Call or fold?Stage #291978671 Tourney ID 68714 Holdem No Limit $10 - 2006-01-11 01:03:18 (ET)Table: 1 (Real Money) Seat #4 is the dealerSeat 1 - BUTTERPECAN ($1610 in chips)Seat 2 - LBOARTS ($1130 in chips)Seat 3 - AZNB0IERIC ($1250 in chips)Seat 4 - NDBAUGHMAN ($1680 in chips)Seat 5 - HALVEYMAN ($1460 in chips)Seat 6 - AAKKQQAKAQKQ ($1480 in chips)Seat 7 - MAZINGAZ ($1355 in chips)Seat 8 - TDAWGJR62 ($695 in chips)Seat 9 - KILMER ($2840 in chips)HALVEYMAN - Posts small blind $10AAKKQQAKAQKQ - Posts big blind $20*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to LBOARTS [Jh 10h] MAZINGAZ - FoldsTDAWGJR62 - Calls $20KILMER - Calls $20BUTTERPECAN - FoldsLBOARTS - Calls $20AZNB0IERIC - Calls $20NDBAUGHMAN - FoldsHALVEYMAN - Calls $10AAKKQQAKAQKQ - Checks*** FLOP *** [Qh Kc 7h]HALVEYMAN - ChecksAAKKQQAKAQKQ - ChecksTDAWGJR62 - ChecksKILMER - ChecksLBOARTS - Bets $100AZNB0IERIC - Calls $100HALVEYMAN - FoldsAAKKQQAKAQKQ - Calls $100TDAWGJR62 - FoldsKILMER - Folds*** TURN *** [Qh Kc 7h] [4h]AAKKQQAKAQKQ - ChecksLBOARTS - ChecksAZNB0IERIC - Checks*** RIVER *** [Qh Kc 7h 4h] [5s]AAKKQQAKAQKQ - Bets $160LBOARTS - Raises $320 to $320AZNB0IERIC - FoldsAAKKQQAKAQKQ - All-In(Raise) $1200 to $1360LBOARTS - ?

Scared money never wins.
I really don't like the way you played this hand at all. The whole point behind semi-bluffing with your draw is that you can keep betting if you hit without arousing suspicion. You should fire at least $150 to $200 on the turn. Then, the min-raise on the river is also bad. Raise to somewhere around $500. You'll look like you're trying to buy it, and could easily get a call from a weaker hand.Now, as for your original question? You have to call at this point. You've got the second nuts, and you've played the hand so weakly that it's going to be really hard for them to put you on something that strong. They could easily be thinking that you have two pair or a set here, and could be raising for value with a lower flush, or bluffing with no flush at all.Sure, there's a good chance you could run into the nuts here, but if you fold this hand, then you're going to get run over all day long.
Call or fold?Stage #291978671 Tourney ID 68714 Holdem No Limit $10 - 2006-01-11 01:03:18 (ET)Table: 1 (Real Money) Seat #4 is the dealerSeat 1 - BUTTERPECAN ($1610 in chips)Seat 2 - LBOARTS ($1130 in chips)Seat 3 - AZNB0IERIC ($1250 in chips)Seat 4 - NDBAUGHMAN ($1680 in chips)Seat 5 - HALVEYMAN ($1460 in chips)Seat 6 - AAKKQQAKAQKQ ($1480 in chips)Seat 7 - MAZINGAZ ($1355 in chips)Seat 8 - TDAWGJR62 ($695 in chips)Seat 9 - KILMER ($2840 in chips)HALVEYMAN - Posts small blind $10AAKKQQAKAQKQ - Posts big blind $20*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to LBOARTS [Jh 10h]  MAZINGAZ - FoldsTDAWGJR62 - Calls $20KILMER - Calls $20BUTTERPECAN - FoldsLBOARTS - Calls $20AZNB0IERIC - Calls $20NDBAUGHMAN - FoldsHALVEYMAN - Calls $10AAKKQQAKAQKQ - Checks*** FLOP *** [Qh Kc 7h]HALVEYMAN - ChecksAAKKQQAKAQKQ - ChecksTDAWGJR62 - ChecksKILMER - ChecksLBOARTS - Bets $100AZNB0IERIC - Calls $100HALVEYMAN - FoldsAAKKQQAKAQKQ - Calls $100TDAWGJR62 - FoldsKILMER - Folds*** TURN *** [Qh Kc 7h] [4h]AAKKQQAKAQKQ - ChecksLBOARTS - ChecksAZNB0IERIC - Checks*** RIVER *** [Qh Kc 7h 4h] [5s]AAKKQQAKAQKQ - Bets $160LBOARTS - Raises $320 to $320AZNB0IERIC - FoldsAAKKQQAKAQKQ - All-In(Raise) $1200 to $1360LBOARTS - ?
easy fold. you should've just called the river. He was getting pretty good odds to call on the flop and now that you've paid him off he was correct to call with the nut flush draw. This is a $10 SNG, of course he checked the turn and bet small on the river. He has the nut flush.
Scared money never wins.
I really don't like the way you played this hand at all. The whole point behind semi-bluffing with your draw is that you can keep betting if you hit without arousing suspicion. You should fire at least $150 to $200 on the turn. Then, the min-raise on the river is also bad. Raise to somewhere around $500. You'll look like you're trying to buy it, and could easily get a call from a weaker hand.Now, as for your original question? You have to call at this point. You've got the second nuts, and you've played the hand so weakly that it's going to be really hard for them to put you on something that strong. They could easily be thinking that you have two pair or a set here, and could be raising for value with a lower flush, or bluffing with no flush at all.Sure, there's a good chance you could run into the nuts here, but if you fold this hand, then you're going to get run over all day long.
He's not going to re-raise all in with a straight or a lower flush.
Scared money never wins.
He's not going to re-raise all in with a straight or a lower flush.
As you said in your first post, 10$ S'n'G, I've seen all in calls w/ top pair med. kicker...A call down w/ striaght or lower flush is definatley possible at these levels.

If you had bet the turn authoritively, this would be an easy decision, because you would know where you stand.Generally, when I see a delirious overbet from someone who has been quiet the whole way, I am assuming that they are very strong (especially if they NEARLY run the clock out first), so I would probably lay it down here, and quickly, so it looks like I was bluffing.

Scared money never wins.
The whole point behind semi-bluffing with your draw is that you can keep betting if you hit without arousing suspicion.
Wellll...I wouldnt call that the whole point of semi-bluffing. The major reason is to try and get a fold and not have to hit the draw.

Thanks for the responses, guys, sorry for the delay in responding. A few comments, then the results. I took control of the hand on the flop because while I had many outs, I was still drawing and didn't want LP dictating how much my draw would cost me, and I was building the pot anticipating making my hand. I checked the turn because I made my hand and wanted the turn to look like it scared me, thereby disguising my flush. If the player behind me bet the turn, I was reraising. If he checked and we went to the river, it's harder to put me on a flush. By checking the turn, I did gamble no heart was coming on the river. Had a heart came on the river, I was prepared to slow way down and possibly muck to a big bet. Because I was low in chips and sitting on a flush, I was definitely hoping to increase the pot size. On the river, when no heart came, I felt I had the best hand so I retook control with a miniraise. When LP folded, I was essentially HU with the BB. Because of the str8 possibility and me disguising my hand on the turn, I felt I was up against a str8 or another flush when he reraised all in. There's been discussion on here about miniraises being a bad play, but IMO a miniraise is a solid value bet, which is essentially what I was doing. I had the 3rd best flush and because he was in the BB (and no pf raise), I decided to call and come what may. I called, he showed 8h9h, and I scooped.

Scared money never wins.
The whole point behind semi-bluffing with your draw is that you can keep betting if you hit without arousing suspicion.
Wellll...I wouldnt call that the whole point of semi-bluffing. The major reason is to try and get a fold and not have to hit the draw.
True, but when I'm betting a big draw like this I want a caller more than a folder. With weaker draws, getting others to fold is definitely a big concern.