all time best trash talk/chirps

I separated this from the Kovalchuk Crosby thread...Good separate thread: all time best chirps.... I only played three years of junior, but Ive worlked in pro hockey for quite a few years, and been lucky enough to hear some of the best trash talkers in the league work their magic.... I'm not talking about the "you suck? Oh Yah, you SUCK MORE" jakbauer kinda crap, but actual intelligent shots...... One of my faves? I was working as an equipment assistant, and through the course of the game, Ryan Vandenbussche, of all people, was given a penalty shot. Now Bushy is much better known for his big hits and his fists than his scoring touch. As he picked up the puck at centre for the penalty shot, someone from our bench yelled out "DUMP IT IN THE CORNER"..... He missed the net entirely with the shot cos he was laughing so hard....

A few ones from HS/travel days... -I went and watched my best friend's HS team in a playoff game. Opening faceoff, he's on the right wing, with the ref's back to him. The other ref turns to check the scoring table and he swipes their left winger's legs out from behind him and puts him on his ass. The crowd loses it laughing. My buddy takes his glove off, bends down and rubs the ice where the guy fell and goes "watch it, there's some ice right there." -Bad one. We're killing this team in Buffalo in a physical game. Trash talk is going everywhere and one of their guys replies to us by saying "we drink beer for fun!" We were like...whaaaat? It's 10 years later and still a joke with all of us.

There's a video clip on some site with Kevin Stevens talking trash from the bench. Anyone know where it's at?
I've seen one with Bryan Trottier giving it to Brian Bellows. I think it was a flyers site....broadstreetbully.com or something

when Roy and J.R. were going at it and someone asked him what he thought about J.R.s comments Roy said "I can not hear what he is saying because i have my two stanley cup rings pluging my ears" I never really played on any teams but just pick up beer league hockey one guy had a mullet and it was two years ago, noone knew why he had it but he was skating by the bench and the guy beside me yelled "HEY JARI KURRI the 80's called they want there hair cut back" he was wearing a Kurri jersey too had to be one of the funniest things ive heard.

There's a video clip on some site with Kevin Stevens talking trash from the bench. Anyone know where it's at?
I've seen one with Bryan Trottier giving it to Brian Bellows. I think it was a flyers site....broadstreetbully.com or something
It was mostly Stevens but but Trottier does get a word in edge wise.I'll see if I Still have the link for it.
LOL.... now thats just good old fashioned abuse. That goes on all game long... I really like the clever stuff tho. Here's one I heard second or third hand, so it may not be true, but it's funny all the same: Blues earlier in the season, Tkachuk lines up for a face off next to another player. The alleged conversation goes like this:Player: "Hey, our coach wanted to know if you're available at the end of this season"Tkachuk" Oh yeah? Why?PLayer: He's opening a weight watchers franchise and wants you for the 'before' ad....

A few of my favorites from reading the hockey news:After a fourth line player got carried off the ice with a concussion the trainer came back to the bench. The coach asked "How is he?", the trainer replied, "he is in pretty bad shape he doesn't even know who he is!" A player yelled from the bench "Tell the SOB he is Bobby Orr!"Tie Domi before the Christmas break was being agitated by an opposing enforcer. Domi growled, "Careful or you are going to be eating Christmas dinner through a straw!"

Jim Schoenfeld - "Eat another donut you fat pig!"
Probably one of the most famous lines (to Don Koharski, if you recall)... but not particularly clever....

Earlier this season, a reporter was asking Brendan Shanahan what he thought of people who said the Wings record was only the result of getting to play the crappy teams in their division so much. He replied "Maybe they wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have to play us so much."

One of my favourite lines was when Scott Stevens flattened Detroit's Slava Kozlov and mouthed the words "You're next" to someone on the Detroit bench. Very nice!!!!!

Another personal fave.... A few years ago, Tie Domi played an exhibition game in the Canadian Football league as a kicker.... That season, on the ice, an opposing player told Tie he heard that he had played a game with the Argos... egomaniac Tie said, 'yeah, thats right, I did'. The other guy said, "I heard you were the worst skater on THAT team too"

Another personal fave.... A few years ago, Tie Domi played an exhibition game in the Canadian Football league as a kicker.... That season, on the ice, an opposing player told Tie he heard that he had played a game with the Argos... egomaniac Tie said, 'yeah, thats right, I did'. The other guy said, "I heard you were the worst skater on THAT team too"
Funny, and also probably true. Anyone ever buy a subscription to that Broad Street Bullies site? Is it worth the $10?
 Anyone ever buy a subscription to that Broad Street Bullies site? Is it worth the $10?
I was wondering that myself...though for $10, its probably worth it to see some of the best fights ever catalogued.Then again, that would mean I'll have to short buy the next time i sit down at a table

I am subscribed to the Bully site, I think it is worth every penny got some good stuff, shows more than just fights, (he showed Messiers whole # retiring) it is a good site he puts alot of effort into it.

• 3 months later...

Bump. During Buffalo's 6-0 dismantling of the Maple Laffs on Sunday, tough guy Peters gets into a scuffle with Ondruss(?). Linesmen break it up, so Peters decides to take a couple practice golf swings in the direction of the Leafs' bench. The man deserved a medal, not a misconduct.

Bump. During Buffalo's 6-0 dismantling of the Maple Laffs on Sunday, tough guy Peters gets into a scuffle with Ondruss(?). Linesmen break it up, so Peters decides to take a couple practice golf swings in the direction of the Leafs' bench. The man deserved a medal, not a misconduct.
If you're gonna chirp, you gotta have something to back it up. If Peters wanted to taunt someone about fighting, he's well within his rights. But when it comes to taunting a team about not playing hockey, he's the wrong guy on the wrong team. Sabres have done a lot more golfing than playoffing in the past few years, and peters A) sure didn't help them make the -playoffs this year and B) will be sititing in the press box watching the playoffs so he may as well be golfing himself. NOW.... if Connolly scores and then does the golf thing....... hehehehe....