25k heads up who do you play ?

hm i think its pretty clearly lederer here. hes the worst of the group.
Watch a lot of television, do we?
see, i was thinking that other people would be thinking that as i posted, but i posted it anyway.having said that, how else should we judge who the best players are? we all know that these 9 or whatever are the top pros. so, following every tourney live on cardplayer for the last year or so, i have to say i've seen lederer there less than i have seen ivey, hellmuth, forrest, etc, and while my sample size is pretty small and there's a lot of variance in these things, i dont know how else to really judge. its not like we've played these people personally.anyone have hendon mob stats on these guys? i guess i'd play the guy with the least impressive credentials, but if i had to guess, i'd say it'd be lederer.
see, i was thinking that other people would be thinking that as i posted, but i posted it anyway.having said that, how else should we judge who the best players are? we all know that these 9 or whatever are the top pros. so, following every tourney live on cardplayer for the last year or so, i have to say i've seen lederer there less than i have seen ivey, hellmuth, forrest, etc, and while my sample size is pretty small and there's a lot of variance in these things, i dont know how else to really judge. its not like we've played these people personally.anyone have hendon mob stats on these guys? i guess i'd play the guy with the least impressive credentials, but if i had to guess, i'd say it'd be lederer.
I would say you're approach is plausible if this were a tournament style freezout, but the OP is ambiguous in this aspect. Also, heads up play is totally different than navigating a tournament field. From various reports and the book, "A Professor, a Banker, and a Suicide King" it is apparent to me that Lederer is one of the top heads up players around.

Dreamclown or Aaron Kantor.For the actual players on the poll, I would choose Phil because from what I have seen from him, he tends to slowplay big hands, and dosen't seem very aggressive pre-flop.

I would say you're approach is plausible if this were a tournament style freezout, but the OP is ambiguous in this aspect. Also, heads up play is totally different than navigating a tournament field. From various reports and the book, "A Professor, a Banker, and a Suicide King" it is apparent to me that Lederer is one of the top heads up players around.
In limit.

I'd play none of the above unless someone was giving me the 25k and I had to use it to play one of the above.I'd pick Daniel for 3 reasons.1. He's the guy I'd most like to meet.2. If I'm going to lose 25k to a guy on this list, I'd prefer it's him.3. He doesn't play anyone heads up live for less than 100k, so it's sort of like getting a discount.

In limit.
Would you not assume that many heads up skills are applicable regardless of the game?

Truthfully, this is a very imposing group. I have played a live 10 man sit n go with Lederer, he is pretty damn good. I voted for Helmuth for the entertainment factor, but really Doyle or DN would also be entertaining. Anyone on the list could be beaten, but I am definately a dog against all of them. Given that, someone that would be entertaining is more interesting then someone boring.

In limit.
Would you not assume that many heads up skills are applicable regardless of the game?
Yes, but HULHE is quite a bit different, even with all the other factors. I'm sure he's no schlub in NL, but it's just a matter of the other options.
In limit.
Yes, but HULHE is quite a bit different, even with all the other factors. I'm sure he's no schlub in NL, but it's just a matter of the other options.
I'd have to say that DN, Ivey, Hellmuth al out weigh lederer in HU matches.I'd be affraid to play chan, and have no clue what Forrest ever thinks.Lederer played and taught his sister, if theres any reason i'm picking him, its just that!, take annie dukes style, and tune it a notch, and you got lederer.bingo bango bongo, i'm spent
I realize that it's a different game. I play both forms heads up on a fairly regular basis. It just seems stupid to me that the guy I originally responded to said that Lederer was far and away the worst of the group.
I realize that it's a different game. I play both forms heads up on a fairly regular basis. It just seems stupid to me that the guy I originally responded to said that Lederer was far and away the worst of the group.
does Lederer play the big cash games???have not heard much about him outside tournies
does Lederer play the big cash games???have not heard much about him outside tournies
He used to, not anymore.
Stack size is so much more important in heads-up NLHE that they are almost impossible to compare. I disagree with the statement that Lederer is a horrible heads up NL player, but I also disagree that he'd be even close to as strong in NL as in limit. To answer OP's question, I'd invest the money in something a lot less risky, like keno and lotto tickets :club:.
Stack size is so much more important in heads-up NLHE that they are almost impossible to compare. I disagree with the statement that Lederer is a horrible heads up NL player, but I also disagree that he'd be even close to as strong in NL as in limit. To answer OP's question, I'd invest the money in something a lot less risky, like keno and lotto tickets :club:.
bring your 25k to vegas 12k on red 12k on black and 1k on green..!you lose 1k or make 10k

I vote for Phil Ivey, because if I was in a position where I could afford to lose 25K playing heads-up with someone who is at least 100 times better than me, then why not play with one of the best and try to learn a few things.I know he isn't as popular as the other players mentioned, but I would be just as afraid to play John Hennigan as I would most of the others on that list.