Concentration while playing online

I have a concern about my online play, I can never seem to sit still and fully concentrate on the game at hand. I wanted to post this to see what others are doing to keep their concentration level up during online play. When I play live I rarely run into this problem, but online I have difficulty keeping my concentration. Any help would be great as this is a definite down side to my game and I know I am missing out on valuable information.Cheers,Joey 8)

I have a concern about my online play, I can never seem to sit still and fully concentrate on the game at hand. I wanted to post this to see what others are doing to keep their concentration level up during online play.       When I play live I rarely run into this problem, but online I have difficulty keeping my concentration. Any help would be great as this is a definite down side to my game and I know I am missing out on valuable information.Cheers,Joey   8)
You can put on head phones and plug it into your computer so you don't hear any outside noise.
I have a concern about my online play, I can never seem to sit still and fully concentrate on the game at hand. I wanted to post this to see what others are doing to keep their concentration level up during online play.       When I play live I rarely run into this problem, but online I have difficulty keeping my concentration. Any help would be great as this is a definite down side to my game and I know I am missing out on valuable information.Cheers,Joey   8)
Are you playing a game right now?

I close the door to the computer room and listen to my iPod through head phones and it seems to work out nicely. I used to have trouble and would find myself looking at other sites while not in a hand.

Go to doctors, get diagnosed with ADD, get prescribed to Ritalin, make millions

No I am not playing right now. And it is not really outside noise that bothers me, I just can't concentrate for a while playing online. Maybe I have ADHD or something like that.

get a stack of 20 chips and play...... practice your chip tricks and shuffling or whatever.it helps me keep my hand off the mouse and stay focused
That's cute... you call it "the mouse".

Joey,I completely relate. There is a fine line between paying attention to everything at the table and just getting bored. I have found I do not play well when only a) playing one table, and B) not having something else to do. When I do this, I find I get bored and start calling too much pre-flop to be playing and hence avoid the boredom.Sit there with a book. Last night I played 2 different Sit-n-Go's with Dan Harrington's book right there. Listen to music that is new to you.Surf the web. Read this forum.Write a letter. Stand up and exercise.Do Dreamclown's Mom.Something...The key for me is to have something for my mind to do, but that I can put down at a moment's notice when I need to pay attention. Scott

Take detailed notes on the players. Some things to keep track of:- Loose/tight - passive/aggressive- what hands do they raise with, how much, from where?- if they raise PF but check the flop, is it because they missed entirely or because they just hit huge? If the latter, what is "huge" to them (TPTK? two-pair? trips?)- if they check quickly (or take forever to check), is it when they're genuinely not interested or because they've got something good and are trying to slowplay/disguise?- is a min. bet weakness or strength for them?- if they make huge overbets or all-in's, is it with the likely best hand, a semi-bluff, or a total bluff?- how much do they chase?- how bluffable are they? do they bluff much? - do they bet on 2nd/3rd high pair, or only TP? do they bet or raise on draws?- what kinds of hands do they slowplay on (trips is a big favorite)?- are they willing to check it down or do they like to make small stabs at the pot in LP?

I have a concern about my online play, I can never seem to sit still and fully concentrate on the game at hand. I wanted to post this to see what others are doing to keep their concentration level up during online play. When I play live I rarely run into this problem, but online I have difficulty keeping my concentration. Any help would be great as this is a definite down side to my game and I know I am missing out on valuable information.Cheers,Joey 8)
Hmm ???I'm sorry. I wasn't listening.

I like to multi-table different games. Usually a game of stud, a game of Omaha8, and a game of hold'em. It kind of forces you to concentrate more. But taking detailed notes is also a great thing to do, especially when only playing one table.

I usually take the opportunity to do a little house cleanin n such. In fact some of my most profitable days came whilst playing poker online and cleanin house (there's a pun in there somewhere). I agree that boredom can make you edgey and that leads to playing hands you shouldn't.

Joey,I completely relate. There is a fine line between paying attention to everything at the table and just getting bored. I have found I do not play well when only a) playing one table, and B) not having something else to do. When I do this, I find I get bored and start calling too much pre-flop to be playing and hence avoid the boredom.Sit there with a book. Last night I played 2 different Sit-n-Go's with Dan Harrington's book right there. Listen to music that is new to you.Surf the web. Read this forum.Write a letter. Stand up and exercise.Do Dreamclown's Mom.Something...The key for me is to have something for my mind to do, but that I can put down at a moment's notice when I need to pay attention. Scott
I think the whole point of this post is to help him find a way to cocentrate while playing online, not give him other things to distract him with while he's playing. =/

I've found that if I get enough tables going I don't have enough time to surf the web or what have you and I concentrate better. I'd never be able to one-table, I'd get way too bored.

plonk a stairmaster or exercise bike in front of your computer. Burn some cals and give some of the rest of your body other than your left arm some exercise :club:
But why would he use his left arm??......................OOHHH MY?!!? YOURE SICK, YOURE SICK!!!