here's a hand from my regular home game last night that sucked for me big time...god i hate omaha...at this point in the morning there are only 3 of us left playing ($0.25/$0.50 blinds, we're playing some no limit omaha) i've built my $20 buy-in to around $125, SB has about $10 left, BB has around $125 as welli'm dealt K :) K :club: 8 :) 6 :D on the button and raise to $3, get one caller from the BBflop is K :) 9 :D 8 :) BB checks, i bet out $5, get raised to $10, and re-raise to $25BB thinks for a minute and re-raises me all-inhere's my dilemma...i know i have the best hand right now but i know there's a really good chance that i won't when the last two cards are out, and i actually contemplated folding...i figure the BB has to have at least bottom set with a straight draw, if not a flush draw, maybe both...if so, there's a lot of cards i have to avoid, and i really don't feel like risking my whole stack on it this late in the evening (or morning, whatever)...of course in the end i make the call...BB shows 9 :) 9 :D 7 :) J :) for middle set with the flush draw and gutshot straight draw...good god, that's a lot of outsturn Q :) river J :) just to rub it innow i've got $2.75...i hate omaha

Playing NL omaha is just plain silly. PLO would've limited your losses here.It is correct to fold the best hand sometimes in omaha. I actually do it quite a bit when I have no room for improvement and I'm facing a pot sized bet in a multiway pot, or even HU if the texture of the board is showing flushes AND straight draws. Sets in omaha look nice but they can be very dangerous. IMO trips are a better scenario because it gives me 4 more outs (on the turn) to make a fullhouse as opposed to a set.Tough hand, regardless.

That's the key with Omaha, having all those redraws on making the best hand there at the river. No limit Omaha sounds like a lot of fun though, expensive....but fun.

NL omaha is a very tricky game, although i haven't played it, i play strictly PLO, i think some of the same thigs apply in both games. So, you have $25 in the pot. You have $100 left. You have flopped the nuts, but don't have a re-draw, with your opponent going all in, unless he is some aggressive fool, he probably has at least the flush draw, and a set, and most likely the straight draw too. So now, you have to decide, do you really want to lose your stack, when to win, your set would have do win. I don't know if i can get away from this hand, i would have to know the player, but without any re-draws, its hard to keep the hand, when your opponent has put you all in. If you want to leave with money, and feel like your opponent is a solid player, i would probably fold.Flopping top set, without any redraws in omaha, isn't really a strong hand, but HU, it is pretty strong.I think it being NL killed you here, so bad luck, and i really can't say what i would do.Also, why isn't this in the omaha strategy section? General is not the place for this post.

I once played a game (Cincinatti?) where you get dealt 5 cards, there's a flop, turn and river, and you make the best hand using all 10 cards. We played it no limit, and let me tell you, that was nerve-racking. It's tough because the board could be all rags, and someone could hold a royal flush in their hand.

NL omaha is a very tricky game, although i haven't played it, i play strictly PLO, i think some of the same thigs apply in both games. So, you have $25 in the pot. You have $100 left. You have flopped the nuts, but don't have a re-draw, with your opponent going all in, unless he is some aggressive fool, he probably has at least the flush draw, and a set, and most likely the straight draw too. So now, you have to decide, do you really want to lose your stack, when to win, your set would have do win. I don't know if i can get away from this hand, i would have to know the player, but without any re-draws, its hard to keep the hand, when your opponent has put you all in. If you want to leave with money, and feel like your opponent is a solid player, i would probably fold.Flopping top set, without any redraws in omaha, isn't really a strong hand, but HU, it is pretty strong.I think it being NL killed you here, so bad luck, and i really can't say what i would do.Also, why isn't this in the omaha strategy section? General is not the place for this post.
This is why I will never be a good Omaha player...

I've played Tx holdem before with 2 and 3 sets of flops and you could decide which one you wanted to use, increasing bets from flop to river, no checking allowed, all kinds of stupid ways to screw up a beautiful game, lol.

I once played a game (Cincinatti?) where you get dealt 5 cards, there's a flop, turn and river, and you make the best hand using all 10 cards. We played it no limit, and let me tell you, that was nerve-racking. It's tough because the board could be all rags, and someone could hold a royal flush in their hand.
yes, that's Cincinnati. we play it 8 low no-go with progressive bets 1.00 pre, 2 on flop, 3 on turn, 4 on river and it gets capped just about every street - hellish game for sure.we have 2 other variations - 44 (4 in hand, 4 on the board) and MaryAnn (3 in hand, 5 on the board). fun fun fun.