paul phillips

Since the "Christians" are a part of this thread I would like to ask a question thats not really related to Paul Phillips. But it is something that his been bugging me for years:When Kurt Warner is interviewed after a good game, and he immediately gives praise to his Lord and Savior for such a stellar game, giving the Lord all of the credit I would like to know what exactly the Lord had against the defense of his opponent on that day? Are they non-believers? Is Warner a better Christian than the defensive backfield of the Falcons? Somebody please clear this up. Thanks.
Ive wondered about that myself sometimesHowever, these are professional atheletes we are talking about. Not exactly well versed theologians.Oh, and Kurt Warner is the biggest assclown in the history of football.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the "Christians" are a part of this thread I would like to ask a question thats not really related to Paul Phillips. But it is something that his been bugging me for years:When Kurt Warner is interviewed after a good game, and he immediately gives praise to his Lord and Savior for such a stellar game, giving the Lord all of the credit I would like to know what exactly the Lord had against the defense of his opponent on that day? Are they non-believers? Is Warner a better Christian than the defensive backfield of the Falcons? Somebody please clear this up. Thanks.
I am Christian. I like Paul Phillips. These types of “Praise” are admittedly short sighted. Christians believe that God has a perfect plan for everything. The praise is for the fact that God’s plan contained something that we can relate as pleasant, now. We can’t understand God’s entire plan, but it’s nice that God gives us day to day pleasantries, from time to time.
Any Christians on here? Nothing to do with what we have been talking about, just a question?
I'm what I would consider a believing and fairly devout Christian-- and I love Paul and his blog.
[Rev 3:16] So then because thou art lukewarm, andneither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
I'm just kidding. I don't even believe in Jebus.
Any Christians on here? Nothing to do with what we have been talking about, just a question?
I'm what I would consider a believing and fairly devout Christian-- and I love Paul and his blog.
[Rev 3:16] So then because thou art lukewarm, andneither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
That analogy is slightly misinterpreted, he’s right. Biblically, we shouldn't even be on here at all. But we're all weak, and we all sin.[edit] I just read the chapter in question. I think I was wrong, that is, more or less, what was being talked adressed. It sorta' show you, I guess, that bible has to be read in context.
That analogy is slightly misinterpreted, he’s right. Biblically, we shouldn't even be on here at all. But we're all weak, and we all sin.
How so?
I never ever trust people to be intelligent when they claim they have a high IQ. Nobody understands how IQ tests work anyway.The idea is that the intelligence within the population of humanity is a bell-shaped curve with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 10. So if you have an IQ between 140 and 160, you are bordering on having a mutated brain, you're so rare. Z-scores of 4 are highly uncommon, and 6 is on the order of .001%.IQ tests for kids are based on age. Having an IQ of 160 at the age of 6 just means your intelligence level is closer to a 10-year old, or something like that.
It may be a minor point, but my understanding was that the standard deviation of an IQ test was 15, making 140 more common (closer in tune to the 2% generally considered to be genius level), and 160 in line with your 140. There was a site a few years ago that would assign values to people. You typed in your age, height, weight, and other various qualities and you'd get a dollar amount in return. One of the site's highlights was the section that listed all the ridiculous IQs that people gave themselves and compared them to estimates of the greatest thinkers of all time. Some of them can be explained by people messing with the system, but considering that the average IQ given was roughly 150, it's clear that people either love to exaggerate their intelligence or genuinely have know clue where they stand. From my perspective, the best argument about this guy being a super genius is that he posted his IQ in the first place. Anybody with that type of intelligence would recognize the pissing contest that would inevitably result and either have an ironclad case all mapped out and ready to go (if they're that insecure) or realize it is not worth the effort and not bother to post the comment that adds nothing in the first place.Finally, Paul Phillips kicks ass. Nuff said.
Since the "Christians" are a part of this thread I would like to ask a question thats not really related to Paul Phillips.  But it is something that his been bugging me for years:When Kurt Warner is interviewed after a good game, and he immediately gives praise to his Lord and Savior for such a stellar game, giving the Lord all of the credit I would like to know what exactly the Lord had against the defense of his opponent on that day?  Are they non-believers?  Is Warner a better Christian than the defensive backfield of the Falcons?  Somebody please clear this up.  Thanks.
My favorite story on this topic is found in Feinstein's book "A Season on the Brink," which chronicles the year he spent with Indiana University basketball team.Steve Alford, Indiana's star guard and a very devout Christian was praying before a game. Bob Knight watched him for a second and then said something to the effect of: "Steve, do you really think God gives a crap about what happens during a basketball game? And, even if he did, do you really think he's going to help a team that I coach?"Bob Knight -- love him.
I never ever trust people to be intelligent when they claim they have a high IQ. Nobody understands how IQ tests work anyway.The idea is that the intelligence within the population of humanity is a bell-shaped curve with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 10. So if you have an IQ between 140 and 160, you are bordering on having a mutated brain, you're so rare. Z-scores of 4 are highly uncommon, and 6 is on the order of .001%.IQ tests for kids are based on age. Having an IQ of 160 at the age of 6 just means your intelligence level is closer to a 10-year old, or something like that.
I'm pretty sure the standard deviation of IQ scores is 15.
Charlie Young, an old 49er, was asked this question by a reporter about why God didn't help the DB stop him from catching a TD. Charlie responded that God helps those who help themselves.I like the Bobby Knight response though!
Here's how hard it is to be smart on the internet:My I.Q. is 306. I also boned Britney Spears and her sister the other night.Prove me wrong.
I can prove it. I've been banging Britney Spears every night for the past 13 days. Boom. You are wrong.
Here's how hard it is to be smart on the internet:My I.Q. is 306. I also boned Britney Spears and her sister the other night.Prove me wrong.
I can prove it. I've been banging Britney Spears every night for the past 13 days. Boom. You are wrong.
Your word against mine. :club: