paul phillips

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone read his "journal"? I have zero repect for the guy. Maybe it is because I am a Christian. He sure comes across as an expert on every topic in the world. To me he seems like a very lonely, lost person.
I am curious about the statement that Paul Phillips seems like a very lonely, lost person. Paul Phillips is married.Paul Phillips has a daughter.Paul Phillips has friends.Paul Phillips has traveled extensively.What exactly makes him a lonely and lost person?Oh. I get it. It is because he is not a Christian. Yet, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Jesus' main theme that we should love each other? Paul Phillips loves his friends and family and they love him. Seems as if he is living the way that you are claiming to live. To be true to yourself, to God, to your family, to society, you must not just make statements but actually live the statements you make. The purpose of religion is to teach people how to live humanely. Some people are of enough intelligence to where they can figure it out for themselves. It seems to me as if Paul Phillips has figured out how of true loving character.
Since when?
Since always. Religion is meant to teach a way of life. It is based upon "A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader."*Spirituality is " The state, quality, manner, or fact of being spiritual."*People confuses the teaching of and the actual state of being all of the time.There are people who go to church every week and attend religious classes. They are being taught. However, they do not connect with the leasons. They may say they are a Christian (or what ever religion) but they do not actual live the life that is being taught. So, in Christainity, it taught not to jugde another human being, that only God can judge. Yet we see some Christians (even Christian Leaders) that judge others. They may be religious but they are not acting as if they are spiritual. Now, I want to make clear that I am not attacking Christians. There are many religions where people are being taught the religion but have not really connected to it or act and live in a spiritual state. We just hear more about Christianity because we live in the West. Anyway... my original point is that Paul Phillips does not sound lonely or lost to me. To make a statement like that, I would personally like to see some examples on how someone would come to that conculsion.* dictionary.com
Anyone read his "journal"? I have zero repect for the guy. Maybe it is because I am a Christian. He sure comes across as an expert on every topic in the world. To me he seems like a very lonely, lost person.
Maybe it's just me, but when I publicly state my lack of respect for someone, I'm going to explain why, simply stating that maybe it's because you're a christian is tantamount to saying: "I am scared of people that challenge my belief in god...... what will I do when I can no longer deny the obvious???? When I contemplate how awful, boring, and unsatisfying my life is, I won't be able to think: 'well at least I have heaven everlasting as my reward'......"If you have zero respect for the guy because he's a vocal atheist, it's probably because you're not secure in your faith.
i have over an 80 iqso there
was that a joke or does your IQ prevent you from realizing that the median IQ is supposed to be around 100; which leads us to you bragging about your below average intelligence.
the latter, obviously.

The OP just amazes me how she can go on someone's personal blog, who is obviously amazingly intelligent and has more charisma to draw people to his site and his poker following, then for the OP to find the one thing that IRKS her, him being a non-Christian (atheist or agnostic)...well to me that is the most UNCHRISTIAN thing someone could do. If she really followed her beliefs, which obviously she doesn't, she would live and let live. She would allow Christ and her own Christian example to work to show others the "Christian way", not by shoving her beliefs down someones throat by saying that you don't like someone because they don't believe the same way you do.Personally, I think you don't like him because his intelligence obviously outscales yours by leaps and bounds, he is successful, happy, and a very intriguing individual and, well frankly in my opinion, if I didn't know better, if your post were more eloquently written or with more finesse, I would have thought maybe you were Phil Helmuth posting under you LOGIN name to get a dig in at Paul...we both know their love-hate relationship. Lastly, if you can't post something nice, be "CHRISTIAN" and don't post anything at all.

There's no need to delve too far into the religious issues at hand, when the main point of this thread is to let kelsey know that he is an idiot.

I am curious about the statement that Paul Phillips seems like a very lonely, lost person. Paul Phillips is married.Paul Phillips has a daughter.Paul Phillips has friends.Paul Phillips has traveled extensively.What exactly makes him a lonely and lost person?Oh. I get it. It is because he is not a Christian. Yet, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Jesus' main theme that we should love each other? Paul Phillips loves his friends and family and they love him. Seems as if he is living the way that you are claiming to live. To be true to yourself, to God, to your family, to society, you must not just make statements but actually live the statements you make. The purpose of religion is to teach people how to live humanely. Some people are of enough intelligence to where they can figure it out for themselves. It seems to me as if Paul Phillips has figured out how of true loving character.
Since when?
Since always. Religion is meant to teach a way of life. It is based upon "A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader."*Spirituality is " The state, quality, manner, or fact of being spiritual."*People confuses the teaching of and the actual state of being all of the time.There are people who go to church every week and attend religious classes. They are being taught. However, they do not connect with the leasons. They may say they are a Christian (or what ever religion) but they do not actual live the life that is being taught. So, in Christainity, it taught not to jugde another human being, that only God can judge. Yet we see some Christians (even Christian Leaders) that judge others. They may be religious but they are not acting as if they are spiritual. Now, I want to make clear that I am not attacking Christians. There are many religions where people are being taught the religion but have not really connected to it or act and live in a spiritual state. We just hear more about Christianity because we live in the West. Anyway... my original point is that Paul Phillips does not sound lonely or lost to me. To make a statement like that, I would personally like to see some examples on how someone would come to that conculsion.* dictionary.com
I agree with you on the people not living the life they are being taught subject, but do not agree with this statement:The purpose of religion is to teach people how to live humanelyI am not knowledgable enought to confidenatly give a an answer to what the purpose of religion is, but in no way is religion (and I am speaking primarily about christianity) only meant to teach people how to be nice to each other.

My favorite part about Paul Phillips is that he makes it his life goal to rip on Phil Hellmuth. However, he has not accomplished a fraction of the things Hellmuth has. I give it to him that he has been sucessful in life, but poker is not his main area of expertise. He is not a donkey, but come on. Phil Hellmuth has accomplished so many things in poker, and for Phillips to constantly rip into him is so childish. He made the biggest deal out of the whole "jopke" thing which I dont find funny in the least. I'd like to see Ryan Leaf start taking shots at Peyton Manning and seee how well that would go over in the media.

However, he has not accomplished a fraction of the things Hellmuth has. I give it to him that he has been sucessful in life, but poker is not his main area of expertise. He is not a donkey, but come on. Phil Hellmuth has accomplished so many things in poker, and for Phillips to constantly rip into him is so childish.
Hmmm...... starting to think that it's not really your favorite part.
He made the biggest deal out of the whole "jopke" thing which I dont find funny in the least. I'd like to see Ryan Leaf start taking shots at Peyton Manning and seee how well that would go over in the media.
It was hilarious. :club: Phil is Peyton Manning? more like Drew Bledsoe- nice numbers over his career, but hasn't done much in the last 6 years. Also, Paul isn't the only one taking shots at Phil. It's easier to find Phil haters, than Phil supporters, probably because he's a jackass that hasn't done anything in the better part of the last decade.
okay then. forget about being a Christian. the guy is an idiot. he likes to tell you how he is correct about everything, and everyone else is wrong. and then try to prove it to you. does anyone agree with me? the guy is a complete idiot. what makes you think he is so smart?
you mean like the time you told us Paul Phillips was an idiot and we were all wrong, and then you tryed to prive it.ya you are rightthat does make someone an idiotOk I get it now.thanks

Paul Phillips is the man. He writes a blog in which the audience has to be mostly poker players and rarely ever talks about poker. He still has a large following on his blog because he talks about hot button issues all the time. I think the OP's problem with PP is that he is not a Christian and doesn't support whats going on in the country right now. Oh well, I agree with most everything PP writes, so it's an awesome site for me, however if I chose to read a blog about some rich christian, current administration loving, rich guy, I'm sure I would be able to see past his beliefs and not judge him and try and find faults to assign him for why he has made his belief system.I think if you hate the man, stop reading his stuff. Or maybe think about what he is saying, if you disagree with what he has to say, make an account and start up some conversation with him, just be prepared for the sharp sarcasm. If I didn't agree with what Paul had to say, I would not visit his site. I suggest you do the same if it causes you enough annoyance to start a thread about him over here.

He's more intelligent than you.He writes better than you.He's funnier than you.He's not a christian.That's four things about him that make me like him more than I like you.
Paul Phillips is a logical person. Christianity (and many of its followers) base their lives around illogical concepts (such as faith in something you can't prove exists). These illogical people usually get defensive and decide that they "don't like" someone who actually knows what they are talking about, such as Paul Phillips.
Maybe it's just me, but when I publicly state my lack of respect for someone, I'm going to explain why
I haven't read Paul's blog in awhile so I have not followed recent entries. I would expect that anyone who starts a thread judging someone as a lost and lonely person would post a link and an explanation as to how they came to their conclusions. I would also hope that if anyone disagreed with something I said, that they would attack the statement and not my character.Theresa......your posts were great. I don't know enough about PP to comment on those parts, but I agree wholeheartedly about many of your points on religion. The world would be much more peaceful if everyone held to all of the ideals they have been taught. (But I've been guilty too :oops: )
well... honestly I have never read his blog..
Why did your post go anywhere beyond this....
I was not opining (sp) on the blog. Thus reading the blog is not relevant.Do you contribute anything useful to this forum?
*looks at the OP's charred remains....*Well you guys burned another idiot *passes the cigars*

You call him an idiot, and yet your main reason for not liking him is that he chooses his beliefs based on thought, reasoning, and logic as opposed to your choice based on a feeling in your gut? You're the doofus.I would pay good money for Paul and the OP to have a debate. It would be like Mike Tyson boxing a blind kid.