about weekend at daniels

Hey all,Sorry to start a new thread but I figure this has more to do with the weekend then the tourney.Just wondering if anyone knows from past experience what this might cost in the end. (gambling aside) My lovely wife is a little concerned. I have won a couple of entries into land-based tournies (I know this isn't one) that ended up being very poorly organized and a few costs were overlooked when planning the trip for us. So any input as to what to expect from this would be awesome.I am a very good dancer,Sincerely

You should probably post this in the poker room forum or PM FCP Info. They'll probably give you all the information.
Or you should just quit f'ing bragging you won....sw...congrats man

It sounds like you need a travel book or two.You said gambling aside? Right?I always bring at least $150 per day with me just for food and drink. That is not saying I am going to spend $150 each day. But, this allows enough money if I want to go someplace fancy while I am traveling. It also covers cab rides and other incidentals. The $150 per day per person is for a place that has similar economics to where I live. If I were to go to New York, California or Washington DC, I would up this to AT LEAST $200 per day. I have never run out of money when traveling and often I come home with extra, but I never would want to go somewhere and be short.Another way to prevent shortages in your money is to find a good travel checklist and make sure you have all of the items such as a razor, toothpaste, etc. Forgetting this stuff can start to add up especially since you are probably in a tourist area where cost for these items are slightly higher.Another thing, if you are taking 2 suitcases, divide your stuff up. Pack one suitcase with all of your clothes that match one pair of shoes and pack the other that matches the other pair. That way, if one suitcase gets lost than you still have clothes that match and work well together. Carry on your tolietries and use small containers or buy travel sizes. And most of all, get at least one book on the area that you are traveling to. Travel books will let you know how expensive a resturant is and also will give some good recommendations. Travel books are up to date where when you ask your friends, they may not be as accurate on what they remembered. Hope this helps.

Some of the guys that won last time could tell you more, but it was first class by all reports. He paid for the airfare, motel, limo to his house etc..You will need money for food, drinks, and gambling. I'm assuming the tourney with you guys will be a freeroll in which DN will put up some money. I'm sure they will play more, but that's optional if you can afford it. Also, I'm sure the food and drinks at Daniel's will be provided as well. So it shouldn't cost you much as far as though things go.

Actually, I disagree with what others have said.It will be VERY expensive. If you can't take at least $5K,you probably shouldn't go.I (however) would be more than willing to take your ticket off your hands. :club:

so is daniel flipping the bill for the room or are you bunking on his floor?
We've made arrangements with a very nice Hostel that has hot water on alternate days and clean sheets every 15th and 30th of the Month.
so is daniel flipping the bill for the room or are you bunking on his floor?
We've made arrangements with a very nice Hostel that has hot water on alternate days and clean sheets every 15th and 30th of the Month.
Binions? oh wait didnt see free roach massage
Am i psychic? How do i know this thread was started by a noob?
Dude, your about as much of a "noob" as he is, you just post a lot of stuff like this... he won the contest, he just wants some info.
Dude, your about as much of a "noob" as he is, you just post a lot of stuff like this... he won the contest, he just wants some info.
Ever hear of PMing or maybe going to one of the help forums? Maybe you hang out in general too much.
Ever hear of PMing or maybe going to one of the help forums? Maybe you hang out in general too much.
He's trying to find out what has happened in past contests, not trying to find out what's happening with the current one.
He's trying to find out what has happened in past contests, not trying to find out what's happening with the current one.
I happen to know that ihaveanicepair has sent an email and recieved a reply saying we would be getting details on Monday. That's just a long time to wait, from Thursday night till Monday to find out any info, imo. I know its been driving me crazy.