2005 negreanu open tournament of champions tonight

thanks theresa, my baby doll cindy, and dev.bascomb, yes, 2006 season is set up this way as well, there is a sticky thread in general with all the details, plus VERY specific details will be available on the website in my footer by the time of the first tourny on January 11th.Please know that this is a volunteer effort, something I just 'shot from the hip' with. There is always going to be ways to improve this thing, a big one we learned tonight was the blind structure was way to fast. Feel free to keep any suggestions coming to make this thing a fun/fair place for everyone.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gg Dna.Does Spademan get anything special for being overall #1?I mean it seems unfair that your the Champion no offense but Spademan had a better overall season
And the team with the best record wins the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Championships .... oh wait...... never mind
gg Dna.Does Spademan get anything special for being overall #1?I mean it seems unfair that your the Champion no offense but Spademan had a better overall season
And the team with the best record wins the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Championships .... oh wait...... never mind
Nor is the superbowl moved from a football field to a basketball court and the quarters shortened.
well played! haha
Nor is the superbowl moved from a football field to a basketball court and the quarters shortened.
:club: You did great Spade. Being the overall points winner and making it to the final two in the TOC is awesome.
no, but baseball fields are different for the world series, js.And there are different rules. dh or no dh
come on...enough with the sour grapes.
I thought this was the wittiest of the remarks.I tend to agree that Spademan did get kinda of screwed. Not only did he outplay the entire season and then have it all decide on one tournament...I mean in the WSOP do they give the Toyota to Mike Mattsow?No they give it to Allen Cunningham cause he did best overall.Also what I thought was unfair is it was switched to a different site and the blinds were faster.I petition that the new rules should be for next season that the best overall season gets the big prize, and not just one lucky win.(again no offense Dna)
come on...enough with the sour grapes.
Sour grapes?wtf are you talking about?I haven't been upset in the least, but all you shtheads jumping on my every post saying that I'm upset about something are starting to piss me off.I was pointing out the difference in the analogy, which I would have done if I came in last or first, the site is laggy and akward.
I tend to agree that Spademan did get kinda of screwed. Not only did he outplay the entire season and then have it all decide on one tournament...
Heh, no, I didn't get screwed.All this stuff was set up from the beginning to be thus.I don't like the different site, but it's not like I had some sort of disadvantage or anything, we all had the same shot.dna deserves the prize for all the work he did.
I tend to agree that Spademan did get kinda of screwed. Not only did he outplay the entire season and then have it all decide on one tournament...
Heh, no, I didn't get screwed.All this stuff was set up from the beginning to be thus.I don't like the different site, but it's not like I had some sort of disadvantage or anything, we all had the same shot.dna deserves the prize for all the work he did.
now that i'll agree with
I thought this was the wittiest of the remarks.I tend to agree that Spademan did get kinda of screwed. Not only did he outplay the entire season and then have it all decide on one tournament...I mean in the WSOP do they give the Toyota to Mike Mattsow?No they give it to Allen Cunningham cause he did best overall.Also what I thought was unfair is it was switched to a different site and the blinds were faster.I petition that the new rules should be for next season that the best overall season gets the big prize, and not just one lucky win.(again no offense Dna)
Toyota or 7.5 million? Tough choice.
Ugh.Responding to this is going to, once again appear like I'm bitter to some foo's... oh well.He means Mike didn't get the WSOP player of the year prize for winning the tournament of champions, that prize went to the best overall player.The main event first prize is not what he's talking about, as the main event wasn't composed of only the top players from the other WSOP events leading up to it.And, I guess I have to qualify for people who think I would get upset over a pair of glasses; I'm explaining his point without any consideration what-so-ever as to where I stood in the standings, or my place in the TOC.(dna, I sympathize with you on explaining things when you were involved in what is being discussed. =P)
Ugh.Responding to this is going to, once again appear like I'm bitter to some foo's... oh well.He means Mike didn't get the WSOP player of the year prize for winning the tournament of champions, that prize went to the best overall player.The main event first prize is not what he's talking about, as the main event wasn't composed of only the top players from the other WSOP events leading up to it.And, I guess I have to qualify for people who think I would get upset over a pair of glasses; I'm explaining his point without any consideration what-so-ever as to where I stood in the standings, or my place in the TOC.(dna, I sympathize with you on explaining things when you were involved in what is being discussed. =P)
I'll give you that the booze played a part in that comparison. Didn't even think of Matusow and the TOC. I just thought of him as the biggest name at the MV final table, and the Toyota reference was that the best player throught the tournament (Cunningham) doesn't get the biggest prize (Hachem). Congrats though.

PM sent!Yeah, I kinda sympathize with Spadey on the venue change, but we all agree this worked out ok. dna gets the Thumps for his hard work, spade becomes a legend and I'm still just a god dmn yang.......

I agree -- Congratulations DNA and you must definitely deserve the title of Negreanu Open ChampionThanks for all the work you have and will put into it.
Vindication Baby :-)
PM sent!Yeah, I kinda sympathize with Spadey on the venue change, but we all agree this worked out ok.  dna gets the Thumps for his hard work, spade becomes a legend and I'm still just a god dmn yang.......
I get the thumps because I kicked your ass, I dont want this 'dna gets the thumps for his hard work' sympathy shit. We all had the same advantage/disadvantage. I have agreed and will continue to agree that the blinds went up faster then what I would like (3 minutes off each level doesnt seem like much, but it does indeed drastically effect play). I caught flops and won races last night and won the tournament. We all had to do well in a series of tournaments to even get to the TOC in the first place. This was a VOLUNTEER tournment that each of you chose to buy into on your own will. It was a standard $10 tournament with Daniel putting up Thumps as the overlay. You knew the tournament was on FCP going into it. Again, this is the first year for these and they will continue to get better. Everyone of you all are probably better players then me, but thats not the way the cards fell last night. Thanks for those that gave sincere congratulations and for those that see this as a some sort of payoff for organizing these things I hate you. Good Day Sir, I said Good Day! :club:
PM sent!Yeah, I kinda sympathize with Spadey on the venue change, but we all agree this worked out ok.  dna gets the Thumps for his hard work, spade becomes a legend and I'm still just a god dmn yang.......
I get the thumps because I kicked your ass, I dont want this 'dna gets the thumps for his hard work' sympathy shit. We all had the same advantage/disadvantage. I have agreed and will continue to agree that the blinds went up faster then what I would like (3 minutes off each level doesnt seem like much, but it does indeed drastically effect play). I caught flops and won races last night and won the tournament. We all had to do well in a series of tournaments to even get to the TOC in the first place. This was a VOLUNTEER tournment that each of you chose to buy into on your own will. It was a standard $10 tournament with Daniel putting up Thumps as the overlay. You knew the tournament was on FCP going into it. Again, this is the first year for these and they will continue to get better. Everyone of you all are probably better players then me, but thats not the way the cards fell last night. Thanks for those that gave sincere congratulations and for those that see this as a some sort of payoff for organizing these things I hate you. Good Day Sir, I said Good Day! :club:
Wow, I was coming on here to post congratulations. Now after that post It would seem like I was just sucking up. Oh well, I'll say it anyway. Congrats on your win and thanks for helping make this happen! I don't think that everyone of us are better players than you, just me and maybe one or two others (sw).