vegas trip report (2-5 nl)

First of all, i dont post very often.Second, this trip was from Dec 14-20th.Third, if you care to check the archives, under ( 2-5 Nl challenge....or something similar) my plan was to go to vegas with 4k and play 2-5 NL for a week for at least 12 hours a day and see what i can accomplish.The trip went without a hitch and everything went almost exactly as planned. I couldnt raise $4000 in funds and ended up in vegas with 1700 and no where to stay. Obviously, my bankroll sucked, and had to book a few winning sessions early. First sesssion- Got to vegas jonesing to play and went to the bellagio....played for around 14 hours.....bought in for 200 and cashed out 1400....never played a big showdown. All i did was win small pot after small pot and stayed patient. It was amazing how nobody at the table was even a threat. Got a room at the MGM for fairly cheap and decided to check out their poker room in the morning. Second session- Sat down in the MGM poker room with 300 against a bunch of retards. Got stuck 2 buy ins and was in 900 after a few hours. Luck turned around, and after a very long, painful session won around 600.DAy 3-6 session- Stayed at the MGM and played exclusively at the MGM for this part of the trip. Never booked a loosing session and never played for less than 12 hours per day. The beauty of this 6 day stretch was that i completly avoided big pots. 6 winning sessions in a row and i never gave luck a chance to screw me. It was too easyday 7 session- Luck turned its head and i lost 1400- Oops, could have played better but oh well. Trip report- Came to vegas with 1700 and left over $4000 richer....and i paid for the trip.Bottom line: VEGAS IS FULL OF DONKEYSI played for a week and ran into 2 or 3 pros. the rest had little or no cash game experience and no idea what they are doing. If you have any knowledge of NL cash games, go to vegas and play 2-5 NL. Almost impossible to loose. Opportunity: If you read this post and play poker, you obviously care about the game enough to give it a shot. $500 a day for a decent player is not unreasonable. A big bankroll is not neccesary. I will be spending 3 days per month in vegas cleaning up these games.Questions: I would answer any questions regarding my basic strategy in these games. Not sure if anybody even cares.....but why not.Why: I read many posts on this forum and little to none actually help me make money. THIS MIGHT. I have tried to grind it out online....fuk that, the play is far worse in vegas cash games.Any questions welcome, peace,adam

Good job, but don't let your ego override your bankroll. Yes the games are easy, but variance was your friend that week.I play at MGM and Bellagio about once a month. Last trip I lost half my bankroll against set over set twice, AA vs. JJ when an A flopped and she hit her gutshot and an A high flush to a rivered straight flush. Not whining, but $hit happens.

I do agree that Vegas is full of donkeys, but don't underestimate variance. I've done quite well at the MGM also (playing 1/2 and 4/8 limit half kill), but winning $4000 from a roll of $1700 in 7 days is an exception.

I'm sure good poker players never lose in Vegas.Sometimes it amazes me that people believe that they can kill the game at all times.Variance, luck, Daniel Negreanu. Any of these things ring a bell?DN got smacked around a little this year, does it mean he isn't any good or a donk? No. Sometimes the cards don't roll your way.

no no, it's:BS/MTteneight
ok whats TP/MM and BS/MT? ... im still learning forum lingo
TP/MM = Turn Pro / Make Millionsnot sure what BS/MT is ....
no no, it's:BS/MTteneight
ok whats TP/MM and BS/MT? ... im still learning forum lingo
Turn Pro/ Make Millionsnot sure about the other but i'll fathom a guess Bulls<>hit/Make Thousands

I think it stands for Be stupid/get bannedactually, it is buy shares/make thousandsdumb, and it may get him banned. Probably not though. Back story not going to be added my me.

I think it stands for  Be stupid/get bannedactually, it is buy shares/make thousandsdumb, and it may get him banned.  Probably not though.  Back story not going to be added my me.
Ron, you're a General posting animal today.I'm not going to lie...I'm pretty turned on.
I think it stands for  Be stupid/get bannedactually, it is buy shares/make thousandsdumb, and it may get him banned.  Probably not though.  Back story not going to be added my me.
Ron, you're a General posting animal today.I'm not going to lie...I'm pretty turned on.
Always. back off of Timdog. He's mine.Besides, I need a place to summer. New Hampshire seems nice. Don't blow this for me. BLOW THIS
I think it stands for Be stupid/get bannedactually, it is buy shares/make thousandsdumb, and it may get him banned. Probably not though. Back story not going to be added my me.
Always. back off of Timdog. He's mine.Besides, I need a place to summer. New Hampshire seems nice. Don't blow this for me. BLOW THIS
I love it when you get territorial.Eat your heart out Royal_Tour.muhahahahaha

Thanks for the replies. Dont post very often and rarely get to reply to my posts. Many of you commented on varience. Yah, i probably did get lucky but i dont think it takes much luck or a bankroll to beat those donkeys. In the 2-5 nl cash games there werent very many situations where luck had a chance to play a part. Very few all in showdowns....mostly small pots. Rarely came across anybody that would ever make a pot sized bet. It was more common to see 75 bet into 300 than 300 bet into 300. I am leaving on tuesday and will arrive at about noon. Anybody on this site gonna be out there? I will be staying at the aladdin and will probably spend more time at the bellagio than any other poker room. bc it is right accross the street and i have seen some ugly play in that room.Adam