oh canada baby!

Well ill have to dig up my post where i said everyone was underestimating Canadas talent and that we should be in fact the favorites. 2-0 so far and while they have out-shot us we have dominated play for the most part. Keep it going boys!

He maybe a rookie and 18 years old but the way he's been playing there's no one on this team that can say anything about him. He earned the A and whether or not his ego needs checked he's not letting it effect his play on the ice.I live in Pittsburgh and I haven't heard anything about this so you prolly need to check your sources. And what do you expect Rechhi to say?
sorry, but i think you are incorrect.what has supposedly been going on is stuff that would be kept out of the newspapers and only available to insiders, or through hints, such as the recchi thing.which brings me to...i expect recchi to say "it is a non-issue in this dressing room," sid is a great leader, etc etc. to put it simply, that's what he would have said if there were no issues.and sidney has not earned the A. you don't earn the A by scoring some points or being a great talent. you earn it by winning, or you earn it by playing good and tough and by being a leader.sid is 18, has never won and has not been a leader. hard to lead a team that has no chance of a playoff finish, so that isn't a jab at him.in toronto for instance, a lot of people think brian mccabe should not be an assistant coach. he is leading us in scoring, our #1 defenseman, has been our MVP so far. but he is not a solid leader, and more importantly - does not play hard.crosby is a great player, and plays hard. but a first year player cannot have earned the respect of teammates within a month to deserve the A. Daniel
WTF? He doesn't play hard? How can you be an MVP without playing hard?? How can you be a player who has played in the league many years, with never a very big year, then have a breakout season without playing hard? The guy deserves his A, no question. And if you want to talk about guys not playing hard, talk about Antropov.
mccabe is extremely skilled. he does not play hard. he misses defensive coverage, does not always skate hard and is often defensively out of position.i love having him on my team, since he is a fantastic offensive talent. i'm just saying i want the A to go to someone who goes out and plays hard all the time. good hard canadian hockey. i don't think mccabe does that.i will say however, that he was much more aggressive and effective defensively under the old rules.if you could see my house, you would not question how terrible i think antropov is. our house is actually disturbing littered with anti-nik stuff. i'd say you're "preaching to the choir" except we actually do sing about how terrible antropov is.danielp.s. antropov sucks.
Are you insane?Doesn't play hard? Bryan McCabe is 2nd...in the NHL...in ice time...he plays 28:12 per game....how can you play 28 minutes a game, be close to the top 10 in scoring in the league as a dman, and not work heard? Are there times he loses his check? Yes...are there times when he's not blazing around the ice while skating...yes....and why do you think this is? ITS CUZ HE PLAYS HALF THE GAME NIGHTLY.He's not an assistant coach, he's an assistant captain.....Clearly you show you don't know anything about hockey, let alone the Leafs...McCabe has his faults, not many defenceman are without them, but at this point I'll take McCabe over most defenceman in the league.I've always wondered why Jovanovski is just assumed to be a top tier defenceman and considered better than McCabe...if you compare their seasons side by side, McCabe blows away Jovo in stats, not to mention the fact the Leafs have done much better than the Canucks in the playoffs.
none of what you said has anything to do with playing hard, except "are there times he's not blazing around the ice while skating...yes"mccabe plays a lot, plays well and is extremely valuable. i think he is more valuable than jovanovski. i would also take him over nearly every defenseman in the league.none of that means he plays hard. for me to respect him as a hockey player, he has to play hard - that's all i'm saying.ohhh canada.....
He maybe a rookie and 18 years old but the way he's been playing there's no one on this team that can say anything about him. He earned the A and whether or not his ego needs checked he's not letting it effect his play on the ice.I live in Pittsburgh and I haven't heard anything about this so you prolly need to check your sources. And what do you expect Rechhi to say?
sorry, but i think you are incorrect.what has supposedly been going on is stuff that would be kept out of the newspapers and only available to insiders, or through hints, such as the recchi thing.which brings me to...i expect recchi to say "it is a non-issue in this dressing room," sid is a great leader, etc etc. to put it simply, that's what he would have said if there were no issues.and sidney has not earned the A. you don't earn the A by scoring some points or being a great talent. you earn it by winning, or you earn it by playing good and tough and by being a leader.sid is 18, has never won and has not been a leader. hard to lead a team that has no chance of a playoff finish, so that isn't a jab at him.in toronto for instance, a lot of people think brian mccabe should not be an assistant coach. he is leading us in scoring, our #1 defenseman, has been our MVP so far. but he is not a solid leader, and more importantly - does not play hard.crosby is a great player, and plays hard. but a first year player cannot have earned the respect of teammates within a month to deserve the A. Daniel
WTF? He doesn't play hard? How can you be an MVP without playing hard?? How can you be a player who has played in the league many years, with never a very big year, then have a breakout season without playing hard? The guy deserves his A, no question. And if you want to talk about guys not playing hard, talk about Antropov.
mccabe is extremely skilled. he does not play hard. he misses defensive coverage, does not always skate hard and is often defensively out of position.i love having him on my team, since he is a fantastic offensive talent. i'm just saying i want the A to go to someone who goes out and plays hard all the time. good hard canadian hockey. i don't think mccabe does that.i will say however, that he was much more aggressive and effective defensively under the old rules.if you could see my house, you would not question how terrible i think antropov is. our house is actually disturbing littered with anti-nik stuff. i'd say you're "preaching to the choir" except we actually do sing about how terrible antropov is.danielp.s. antropov sucks.
Are you insane?Doesn't play hard? Bryan McCabe is 2nd...in the NHL...in ice time...he plays 28:12 per game....how can you play 28 minutes a game, be close to the top 10 in scoring in the league as a dman, and not work heard? Are there times he loses his check? Yes...are there times when he's not blazing around the ice while skating...yes....and why do you think this is? ITS CUZ HE PLAYS HALF THE GAME NIGHTLY.He's not an assistant coach, he's an assistant captain.....Clearly you show you don't know anything about hockey, let alone the Leafs...McCabe has his faults, not many defenceman are without them, but at this point I'll take McCabe over most defenceman in the league.I've always wondered why Jovanovski is just assumed to be a top tier defenceman and considered better than McCabe...if you compare their seasons side by side, McCabe blows away Jovo in stats, not to mention the fact the Leafs have done much better than the Canucks in the playoffs.
none of what you said has anything to do with playing hard, except "are there times he's not blazing around the ice while skating...yes"mccabe plays a lot, plays well and is extremely valuable. i think he is more valuable than jovanovski. i would also take him over nearly every defenseman in the league.none of that means he plays hard. for me to respect him as a hockey player, he has to play hard - that's all i'm saying.ohhh canada.....
Lol Ok, so apparently McCabe is the greatest skilled defenceman in the entire NHL if he doesn't work hard, yet you'd take him over nearly everyone in the NHL.That makes a lot of sense.
snipnone of what you said has anything to do with playing hard, except "are there times he's not blazing around the ice while skating...yes"mccabe plays a lot, plays well and is extremely valuable. i think he is more valuable than jovanovski. i would also take him over nearly every defenseman in the league.none of that means he plays hard. for me to respect him as a hockey player, he has to play hard - that's all i'm saying.ohhh canada.....
Lol Ok, so apparently McCabe is the greatest skilled defenceman in the entire NHL if he doesn't work hard, yet you'd take him over nearly everyone in the NHL.That makes a lot of sense.
that really isn't at all what i said.1 mccabe is one of the most skilled defencemen2 i would take him over nearly any other NHL defensemen3 he doesn't work hard4 i don't respect how he plays the game
snipnone of what you said has anything to do with playing hard, except "are there times he's not blazing around the ice while skating...yes"mccabe plays a lot, plays well and is extremely valuable.  i think he is more valuable than jovanovski.  i would also take him over nearly every defenseman in the league.none of that means he plays hard.  for me to respect him as a hockey player, he has to play hard - that's all i'm saying.ohhh canada.....
that really isn't at all what i said.1 mccabe is one of the most skilled defencemen2 i would take him over nearly any other NHL defensemen3 he doesn't work hard4 i don't respect how he plays the game
Don't feed the trolls!
snipnone of what you said has anything to do with playing hard, except "are there times he's not blazing around the ice while skating...yes"mccabe plays a lot, plays well and is extremely valuable. i think he is more valuable than jovanovski. i would also take him over nearly every defenseman in the league.none of that means he plays hard. for me to respect him as a hockey player, he has to play hard - that's all i'm saying.ohhh canada.....
Don't feed the trolls!
Tell me more about how much better Bertuzzi is than Hossa...I seek your hockey wisdom.
good thing he made the olympic team huh...
He'll be on the 2008 world cup team and the 2010 olympic team...seeing as he'll be top 10 in scoring every year from now on, and who knows, he may even lead the league this year.
Savard is having a career year in a contract year. He reminds me of a young Alexie Yashin. He won't ever be anywhere near Team Canada (except for World Championship teams, when whatever team over pays for him this summer misses the 07 playoffs).